Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a couple RUMORS... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

psymun

Starter
: March 18, 2007, 02:31:45 PM

Keep in mind, these are RUMORS... Just a few things I've heard that I'd like to share...

1. The Saints didn't plan on using the franchise tag on Charles Grant, they were going to let him test the market because they knew he would have a lower market value than Dwight Freeney, Adalius Thomas, and Justin Smith. When Smith and Freeney were tagged, they realized that Grants value skyrocketed, so they tagged him in order to try to gain compensation for him. (So far I have verified all of this with 4 different sources).

According to 1 source... The Saints are going to wait until June to see if they can get compensation for Grant, if not, they're going to remove the tag to avoid actually paying Grant the money.

2. The Buccaneers aren't going to make any trades until draft day, but we should expect a lot of trade talks and movement to go down on draft day. A lot of the trade talk rumors that we've already heard are true, but have been cooled until draft day in order for teams to see whether or not these trades would be beneficial (this one was actually kind of obvious to me).

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#1 : March 18, 2007, 02:44:46 PM

What trade talks other than the Rice to ? for?

Badabingnrt

Starter

#2 : March 18, 2007, 03:26:51 PM

What trade talks other than the Rice to ? for?

I hope we don't trade Rice, because honestly all the improvements we made to the D with the additions of Carter and June WILL go to waste if we let go of Simeon Rice.

Not saying they won't perform, I'm just saying, we won't gain on D by letting go of Simeon.  Let him finish off his contract year with us...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 18, 2007, 03:29:41 PM

I think we should keep Rice as well.   I had thought we were a few years away from competing again.  But with the recent signings, and after the draft, I think we'll be competitive again this season.

#4 : March 18, 2007, 03:39:05 PM

Simeon is not a big factor for this defense

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 18, 2007, 03:45:04 PM

He should have been MVP of the superbowl.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#6 : March 18, 2007, 03:47:13 PM

Not saying we should trade Sim but he has been the focus of most of the trade talk

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#7 : March 18, 2007, 03:47:53 PM

I think it would be more accurate to say he "hasn't been", but CAN be a huge part of the D.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 18, 2007, 03:58:26 PM

He should have been MVP of the superbowl.

He should have been Defensive Player Of The Year in 2001 instead of Brooks.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 18, 2007, 04:36:35 PM

Riiight, he was injured in the 4th game, out for most of the season, of course he wasn't a big factor. Rice is a premier pass rusher and I laugh at how much most of you take him for granted.

#10 : March 18, 2007, 04:40:11 PM

Keep in mind, these are RUMORS... Just a few things I've heard that I'd like to share...

heard from who? from where?

Rice is a premier pass rusher and I laugh at how much most of you take him for granted.

Unbelievable, isn't it?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 18, 2007, 05:17:22 PM

According to 1 source... The Saints are going to wait until June to see if they can get compensation for Grant, if not, they're going to remove the tag to avoid actually paying Grant the money.

If that one's true, it would be playing right into one of Allen's options of picking up Grant later on this summer as an UFA if the franchise tag is removed.  For that fact alone I think our FA ventures are going to be slim from here on out, also because not alot is left.

If Grant is in fact stripped of the franchise tag, he's a Buc THIS YEAR within 48 hours IMO.

BTW, Psy, where you hearing that one from?

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 18, 2007, 06:08:40 PM

Riiight, he was injured in the 4th game, out for most of the season, of course he wasn't a big factor. Rice is a premier pass rusher and I laugh at how much most of you take him for granted.

People forget that Sim had 15.5 sacks with 6 froced fumbles just 13 months ago. They want people to believe he's not worth his weight in gold. The guy had his left shoulder popping in and out of socket for most of last season. Sometimes he was popping it back into the socket multiple times a game. Yea lets base his current skills on a season like that. He'll be back next year with his usual 15 sacks, I just hope he's here and not teamed up with say Julius Peppers. That's scary.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 18, 2007, 07:49:38 PM

i didnt know a team could take the franchise tag off of a player like that.... that would be very interesting... i think he'd be a buc in a second... i'm sure he'd be pissed that the saints screwed around with him like that and would love the opportunity to play them twice a year.

#14 : March 18, 2007, 07:50:31 PM

i didnt know a team could take the franchise tag off of a player like that....

as long as he hasn't signed it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a couple RUMORS... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools