Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a couple RUMORS... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 18, 2007, 08:01:06 PM »

i didnt know a team could take the franchise tag off of a player like that....

as long as he hasn't signed it.

I believe the Eagles did it with Simon a couple of years ago

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #16 : March 18, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »

Simeon is a big factor in this defense.  Did anyone watch games last year where we couldn't get pressure on the QB?  With Sim in the game, QB's don't have as much time, therefore they make bad throws into our secondary with ballhawks like Ronde and BK.  Sim makes a difference, no doubt.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #17 : March 18, 2007, 08:02:06 PM »

i didnt know a team could take the franchise tag off of a player like that....

as long as he hasn't signed it.

You got it, 'tonian.  The Eagles did just that a few years back with Corey Simon.  They removed the franchise tag and he became an UFA and signed with the Colts.

calicojack

Starter
« #18 : March 18, 2007, 08:12:18 PM »

The Atlanta Journal-Constitutional claims that Oakland is trying to trade for Schaub.  There's a rumor for ya!  Could be offering Moss to the dirtbag birds?

The Dream Team

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #19 : March 18, 2007, 08:14:05 PM »

Simeon is important to this defense. We need him next year. BK is more important, in my opinion and we need him next year more than Simeon.

« #20 : March 18, 2007, 08:14:29 PM »

The Atlanta Journal-Constitutional claims that Oakland is trying to trade for Schaub. There's a rumor for ya! Could be offering Moss to the dirtbag birds?

I would think the falcons wouldn't be able to afford him.

calicojack

Starter
« #21 : March 18, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »

The Atlanta Journal-Constitutional claims that Oakland is trying to trade for Schaub. There's a rumor for ya! Could be offering Moss to the dirtbag birds?

I would think the falcons wouldn't be able to afford him.

They'd get Schaub's money back.

The Dream Team

« #22 : March 18, 2007, 08:21:25 PM »

I don't believe Schaub is that much.

calicojack

Starter
« #23 : March 18, 2007, 08:24:24 PM »

He got the highest tender offer to a RFA.  How much is Moss worth?  And, did the Green Bay trade fall flat?

The Dream Team

« #24 : March 18, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »

$9.75 mil

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #25 : March 18, 2007, 08:29:56 PM »

I'm sure Moss would have to re-work his deal.  Same if he went to Green Bay.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 18, 2007, 08:30:40 PM »

Minnesota also called for Shaub.. Thats a possiblity,but why give them picks?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 18, 2007, 08:31:20 PM »

I'm sure Moss would have to re-work his deal. Same if he went to Green Bay.
Randy Moss reworking his deal? Think about it,Moss taking a pay cut

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 18, 2007, 08:43:28 PM »

Unless someone blows the Bucs away with a trade offer for Rice, I think you'll see him a Buc next year which is fine by me.  Even at 30+ he's still one of the best edge rushers in the NFL.  He's in the final year of his deal which the Bucs can easily carry on their books this year.  Like I said, unless it's a major packege (i.e. a 1st rounder or a packge of day 1 picks) Rice is a Buc in 2007.  The guy still has plenty left in the tank and played on grit last year until that shoulder just wouldn't hold up.  Last season's struggle for him was a abberation.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 18, 2007, 08:50:53 PM »

Unless someone blows the Bucs away with a trade offer for Rice, I think you'll see him a Buc next year which is fine by me. Even at 30+ he's still one of the best edge rushers in the NFL. He's in the final year of his deal which the Bucs can easily carry on their books this year. Like I said, unless it's a major packege (i.e. a 1st rounder or a packge of day 1 picks) Rice is a Buc in 2007. The guy still has plenty left in the tank and played on grit last year until that shoulder just wouldn't hold up. Last season's struggle for him was a abberation.

I agree that Rice could still be a contributor in 2007.  However, unless we franchise him it's his last year with the Bucs.  Unless the FO thinks we can make a deep playoff run (which I don't think we are ready for), then the best long-term value to the team would be to trade him if we can get a decent offer (2nd?)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a couple RUMORS... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools