Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: have any of you guys heard of this guy? « previous next »
Page: 1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

: October 20, 2010, 06:47:46 PM

http://www.richmondspiders.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcbride_eric00.html

a friend/coworker of 11 years told me yesterday that he was his nephew.  I've never heard of him but I'm a pretty casual fan of CFB.  His bio makes it seem like he might be a pro prospect.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 20, 2010, 07:00:03 PM

my friend had gone down to UMass last weekend to see him play.  He was even approached by an agent.  Apparently his nephew had a good game:

Oct. 18, 2010

UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND - Richmond senior LB Eric McBride was honored Monday as the CAA Football Defensive Player of the Week after spearheading the Spiders' defensive effort in Saturday's 11-10 stunner at No. 8 Massachusetts. The honor is the third won by a Spider this season and the second of McBride's career.

With McBride making 11 tackles, Richmond's defense held the Minutemen to 222 yards and 20 points below their season averages. The senior captain from nearby L.C. Bird High was in on two tackles for loss and blind-sided UMass QB Kyle Havens for a sack-forced fumble in the third quarter - one of three Richmond takeaways. Richmond scored off the turnover with a field goal that pulled the Spiders within two at 7-5.

Two big plays by McBride keyed the Spiders' early defensive stand, which resulted in a safety and a 2-0 Richmond lead. He dropped WR Anthony Nelson for a three-yard loss on second-and-11 at the UMass 10, then broke up a pass intended for Emil Igwenagu on third-and-14. With the UMass punter working from his end zone, the snap was mishandled and resulted in a safety.

McBride, who has started all 49 games of his college career - the longest active streak in CAA Football, is averaging 11.0 tackles this season, which ranks third in the league. The senior continues to climb the Spiders' career tackles chart and now stands sixth with 393. He needs 37 more to pass Larry Braun (1977-80) in second place. Eric Johnson (1989-92) holds the Spiders career record of 643.

His only other CAA weekly honor was the Defensive Player of the Week (Oct. 22, 2007) after making a then-career-high 16 tackles in a 38-6 win over Rhode Island.

Richmond (3-3, 1-2) returns home Saturday to entertain Towson on Homecoming Weekend. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. at Robins Stadium.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: have any of you guys heard of this guy? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools