Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch out of shape? « previous next »
Page: 1

Fresh

Hall of Famer

: March 18, 2007, 08:43:18 PM

bad news for you fans that wanted him at 4

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 18, 2007, 08:36:48 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Scouts at Michigan NT Alan Branch's Pro Day told NFL.com draft expert Gil Brandt that Branch "did not look like he was in very good shape."

Reviews of Branch's postseason have been all across the board. Mike Mayock has classified Branch as a classic "boom-or-bust" prospect.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rockowpb

Rookie

#2 : March 18, 2007, 09:30:32 PM

Yep I liked him if we went defense 1st, but not so sure now. You don't want to risk a #4 pick on a guy like that. How can he let himself get out of shape in arguably the most important time in his football life.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 18, 2007, 09:35:30 PM

He doesnt fit our defense at all. He will thrive for some 3-4 team.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 19, 2007, 08:54:33 AM

Never really an option for us in our scheme. Like Sunny says, a 3-4 team will be really happy with him and never look back.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucLord

Starter

#5 : March 19, 2007, 10:11:04 AM

Word is he was seen sporting a pair of floppy man tits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 19, 2007, 06:07:19 PM

lol

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 19, 2007, 07:14:09 PM

Branch is a sure thing.  Okoye is more of a boom/bust.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 19, 2007, 07:17:26 PM

where are more of the alan branch supporters???? I guess they are heart broken

#9 : March 19, 2007, 07:33:41 PM

I WASN'T BIG ON HIM EITHER

mark05

Practice Squad

#10 : March 19, 2007, 08:48:54 PM

Ok, I won't hide.  Bash me if u must.  I've made a couple post in favor of Alan Branch (if the Bucs see what they like out of him).

I've also stated I like Okoye, Adams. 

I'm normally not much of a poster, I find if I wait long enough someone usaually post something similiar to my opiniion anyway.   But I haven't heard much positive talk regarding Branch.

Just thinking of a couple things regarding Branch;
1)  PR has stated the bucs want to get bigger
2)  our D-line has had trouble stopping the run
3)  our D-line, as of late, gets manhandled and isn't intimidating (in my opinion)
4)  Hovan seems to be a good NT, but could someone Branch's size/athletism (sp) be more disruptive and push the opposing teams offfensive line further backward instead of holding or giving some ground
5)  I understand our defense is/has been based more on athletic/speed over big space eaters but if we can find a big space eater that can be disruptive and penetrating at NT I don't agree with the thinking that says a guy like that doesn't fit our system at NT,  he could complement the UT

I think our defense would be improved with someone like a Ngata, Wilfork type a NT.  And yes I agree we still need an UT, but I have heard comparisons to Marcus Stroud, John Henderson in regards to Branch.  Haven't watched any Michigan games, so I'm going by what I read in the scouting/draft info, I figure he wouldn't be rated top ten or five without some reasons.  If Branch is that type of player I woundn't mind seeing hime a Buc.   If he is lazy and out of shape then of course I would not.

And to conclude, I would rather have JT or CJ before Branch, but if their not there?  I'm not saying it would be the best choice but I don't think it would be a bad one.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 19, 2007, 08:55:30 PM

Branch is a sure thing. Okoye is more of a boom/bust.

I still like Okoye better. He is a young man on a mission. Pick him at 4 and it wouldn't upset me. Trade down for an extra 2nd round pick and still get Okoye and I would be overjoyed.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 19, 2007, 09:05:47 PM

Missed that - got a link?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 19, 2007, 11:22:20 PM

Missed that - got a link?
He got it confused with the Jamarcus Russell rumor mill...

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 20, 2007, 09:05:58 AM

There has been a lot of talk lately that Okoye is moving up and Branch down and some unnamed insiders in the NFL have been quoted as saying Okoye is now the #1 DT on many boards. That means he's probably going to be a top 10 pick for sure and if we do trade down, we can probably only drop into the 7-9 range. Even with that, there's a risk someone like Washington might try and grab him.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch out of shape? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools