Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs Rams Game Prediction « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 22, 2010, 02:04:00 PM

lazoran wrote:
Positions Edges

Offense
QB: Buccaneers (Stafford will be good but right now Freeman has the edge)

It's Bradford, not Stafford (who's in Detroit) - for the sake of accuracy.  Let me ask you this.  RIGHT NOW, ask the other 30 coaches in the league, who would you rather have... again, RIGHT NOW... Bradford or Freeman.  You really think the majority would say Freeman?  Really?  Seriously?  C'mon... be honest.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#16 : October 22, 2010, 02:10:27 PM

I think the Bucs pull it out 20-17

They will do better against the run than in previous weeks, but still wont look great against it.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 22, 2010, 02:15:32 PM

TBayXXXVII wrote:
It's Bradford, not Stafford (who's in Detroit) - for the sake of accuracy.  Let me ask you this.  RIGHT NOW, ask the other 30 coaches in the league, who would you rather have... again, RIGHT NOW... Bradford or Freeman.  You really think the majority would say Freeman?  Really?  Seriously?  C'mon... be honest.

For just this season?  I think taking Freeman would be a perfectly reasonable choice.  Hecking, taking Freeman period wouldn't be unjustifiable, although I'd likely be inclined to go with Bradford's long-term potential.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 22, 2010, 02:19:01 PM

acacius wrote:
TBayXXXVII wrote:

For just this season?  I think taking Freeman would be a perfectly reasonable choice.  Hecking, taking Freeman period wouldn't be unjustifiable, although I'd likely be inclined to go with Bradford's long-term potential.

Do you have SiriusXM radio?  If so, do you ever listen to the NFL channel?  If not, I'll fill you in... while there are coaches who do like Freeman, VERY FEW think he's better than Bradford now.  Even less think he'll end up better than Bradford.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 22, 2010, 02:25:15 PM

TBayXXXVII wrote:
lazoran wrote:
Positions Edges

Offense

oops just got reading something on stafford. MY FAULT MAN! and right now if the coaches wanted to win tomorrow I bet you the majority would say Freeman.. maybe the majority would pick BRADFORD for long term but if they want to win this Sunday they go with Freeman. That evaluation has nothing to do with long term it has to do with as of sunday.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 22, 2010, 02:32:17 PM

lazoran wrote:
TBayXXXVII wrote:
lazoran wrote:
Positions Edges

Offense

oops just got reading something on stafford. MY FAULT MAN! and right now if the coaches wanted to win tomorrow I bet you the majority would say Freeman.. maybe the majority would pick BRADFORD for long term but if they want to win this Sunday they go with Freeman. That evaluation has nothing to do with long term it has to do with as of sunday.

I hear all the time... other Sirius NFLRadio listeners can't deny it... coach after coach, player after player, reporter after reporter all say the same thing.  How quickly Bradford is progressing.  How much better he is RIGHT NOW, than they thought he'd be.  How much potential he has to improve THIS year.  Also, how ho-hum they are about Freeman.  How often, "....well, he's a work in progress", is mentioned about Freeman.  How many times I hear people say that Freeman is a NICE young QB and how many say Bradford is a GREAT young QB (both with respect to peers - 1 and 2 year players - not in comparison to the whole league).  Out of 30 HC's... no less than 25 would take Bradford over Freeman... RIGHT NOW.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 22, 2010, 02:39:42 PM

How many picks does Bradford have right now? How many Does Freeman have? What is Bradfords qb rating? What is Freemans qb rating? Whos team has a winning record? Whos team does not have a running game at all? You can say you would go with Bradford all you want, but I will take Freeman.. and don't say stats don't mean anything cause I just saw you posting in the topic about chargers and their stats how extremely important they are. Oh yea how many fourth quarter comebacks does Freeman have.. hmmm 4? Yea not doubt in my mind who I would want this Sunday on my team.. ask me next year or a few weeks down the road but right now Freeman has outperformed Bradford and has played better. And I dunno anytime I hear someone speak about freeman its about how surprised they are with how well he is playing, hmm.....

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 22, 2010, 02:40:41 PM

TBayXXXVII wrote:
acacius wrote:
TBayXXXVII wrote:

Do you have SiriusXM radio?  If so, do you ever listen to the NFL channel?  If not, I'll fill you in... while there are coaches who do like Freeman, VERY FEW think he's better than Bradford now.  Even less think he'll end up better than Bradford.

Who are you trying to kid? You have not heard a single currently-active NFL coach say that Bradford is better than Freeman. That's a B.S. statement. And if you are talking about any of the ex-coaches, who are currently just talking heads, just look at their win/loss records of their weekly NFL picks to get an idea of how out-of-touch those guys really are.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 22, 2010, 02:48:48 PM

CyberDilemma wrote:
TBayXXXVII wrote:
acacius wrote:
TBayXXXVII wrote:

Who are you trying to kid? You have not heard a single currently-active NFL coach say that Bradford is better than Freeman. That's a B.S. statement. And if you are talking about any of the ex-coaches, who are currently just talking heads, just look at their win/loss records of their weekly NFL picks to get an idea of how out-of-touch those guys really are.

Yea I am calling bull on that one too. I listen to it quite about it and everytime I hear someone talk about Freeman its about how surprised they are with how good he is looking. Never once heard anybody compare Bradford to Freeman as terms of him being better right now. I hear good things on Bradford but not once on how he looks better. Bradford may have better potential but right now if you give me a must win game sunday and two QBS I take Freeman over Bradford.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#24 : October 22, 2010, 02:57:04 PM

We're kidding right? Freeman or Bradford? Did no one here see Warren Moon play? A HUGE QB, rocket arm, clutch in the 4th quarter.

Bradford looks like a ballerina next to Freeman.

Right now Bradford has the benefit of a running game. AND a great back.  The last time the Bucs could run the ball was at NO.

No question Freeman. Maybe lazoran had a Freudian slip Matt Stafford is a expert in recurring shoulder injuries.

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

acacius

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 22, 2010, 03:01:59 PM

TBayXXXVII wrote:

I hear all the time... other Sirius NFLRadio listeners can't deny it... coach after coach, player after player, reporter after reporter all say the same thing.  How quickly Bradford is progressing.  How much better he is RIGHT NOW, than they thought he'd be.  How much potential he has to improve THIS year.  Also, how ho-hum they are about Freeman.  How often, "....well, he's a work in progress", is mentioned about Freeman.  How many times I hear people say that Freeman is a NICE young QB and how many say Bradford is a GREAT young QB (both with respect to peers - 1 and 2 year players - not in comparison to the whole league).  Out of 30 HC's... no less than 25 would take Bradford over Freeman... RIGHT NOW.

I will admit that I do not have Sirius, but in other venues, I hear pretty much nothing other than gushing about Freeman.  They gush about Bradford as well, sure.  But I think you're pulling that "no less than 25 head coaches would take Bradford over Freeman" stat out of thin air.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 22, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Rams 20-17.

Bucs can't stop the run.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 22, 2010, 03:26:25 PM

Bradford has a great running game to lean on, while Freeman has nothing. Freeman carries the entire team. He has been amazing. I can't believe some of you jokers think Bradford is better. Even if it's close, which it might be, then you should always side with your QB. It's called being a fan.

Draft Aaron Donald

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : October 22, 2010, 03:39:29 PM

Bradford is better without a doubt.

JohnGruden

Starter

#29 : October 22, 2010, 04:16:14 PM

Freeman is better than Bradford and will be better for the long term. Free has a stronger arm and more mobility, bring pressure on Free and he knows what to do. Bradford has serious shoulder problems that could linger him in the future
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs Rams Game Prediction « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools