Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Draft Countdown Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dm4bucs

Starter
#15 : March 19, 2007, 03:57:08 PM

If we spend our first 2 picks on offense, someone is going to have to talk me off of the ledge.  2a isn't a good spot for a Center.  Especially considering what's been going on in FA...  we would be better off with a high-value pick like DE there.

I agree with this 100% our entire O-line doesn't have to be all 1st and 2nd rounders to make it good...i mean i'd focus on tackles and maybe one premier guard and then bring in a center from FA or a later round pick like samsone sateele and use the 2a on a DE which is more of a premium pick and not many are hitting the FA...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 19, 2007, 04:00:16 PM

I agree with this 100% our entire O-line doesn't have to be all 1st and 2nd rounders to make it good...i mean i'd focus on tackles and maybe one premier guard and then bring in a center from FA or a later round pick like samsone sateele and use the 2a on a DE which is more of a premium pick and not many are hitting the FA...

Most OL's are two studs and 3 average guys - wander the depth charts and see what I mean. You are right, now the thing is almost, if not all, of those stud units are anchored by the LOT and then another guy. We should have that other guy in Davin so if we get Thomas we don't need to burn a high pick on another OL player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dm4bucs

Starter
#17 : March 19, 2007, 04:08:17 PM

I agree dalbuc, the only high draft pick o-lineman i'd want to see is thomas and then call it a day on day 1 o-line picks...

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#18 : March 19, 2007, 05:09:58 PM

If that is who is available when we draft, I would take Calvin Johnson, Ryan Kalil, Daymeion Hughes, and Victor Abiamiri.  Too great a risk that Hughes gets snapped up in Round 3 to not take him before Abiamiri. Lions took Spencer in Round 2 so they wont go DE again in Round 3.  Rufus Alexander is too big for our defense and the Cato June signing allows us to fill other defensive needs in first 3 rounds.  That being said, if David Harris is available with our 2B pick, I would snap him up.  He went earlier in this draft.  Kalil has chance to start right away as Wade's mediocre skills are on the decline and Mahan signed with Steelers.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#19 : March 19, 2007, 05:15:00 PM

I would love a defensive lineman with our 2A pick but those that are available are reaches. Harrell is a total reach at 2A.  People have us taking him because we need a defensive tackle, but we wont reach to take a mediocre player with that pick.  That pick should be a starter by midseason. Kalil could potentially start right away.  If Spencer was available at 2A, I would take him before Kalil.  I would consider taking Charles Johnson, DE from Georgia with 2A pick, so I'd trust Bucs if they chose Charles Johnson over Kali.  Two CJs with first two picks, both from colleges in Georgia. That would be funny.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 19, 2007, 09:36:12 PM

Justin Harrrell would be a good pick - 6'5" 300+ DT with an attitude - yea and combine that with Marcus Thomas in the same year.  I like that draft.  I like that draft a lot.

Gonna let everyone else argue and spill blood over CJ & JT, getting one of them is great, getting two quality DTs would make the day Great squared. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 20, 2007, 06:38:11 PM

Substitute Brady Quinn for CJ and I'd be as happy as I've ever been over a Bucs draft.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#22 : March 20, 2007, 06:46:42 PM

Wow, CJ and Harrell. Real original. Alert me when he changes it, I have no need to read the same thing over and over again. I think even Abiamiri has been given to us the past few months also. *Yawn*
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Draft Countdown Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools