Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who I would like to see us take « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« : March 19, 2007, 10:12:29 AM »

1) Calvin Johnson
2a) Charles Johnson
2b) Rufus Alexander
3) Marcus Thomas
4) Samson Satele
5) JD Nelson
7) Yamon Figurs

Great Offensive/Defensive draft
addrssses WR/KR/C/DE/DT/DB/LB

BucLord

Starter

« #1 : March 19, 2007, 10:38:12 AM »

Wont happen

Russell, Johnson and Thomas will go 1,2,3.... not necessarly in thar order, or with those teams, but those 3 players will be the 1st 3 taken next month

Bank it.

Heres mine

#4 - Brady Quinn.. Franchise QB thats well rounded and has worked under an NFL system. 1 year behind Garcia and we plug him in. Lets all be honest here. We have crap at QB and I dont see us winning more than 7 games this year. After another losing season at least will have something to look forward to in 2008. You guys might not like the pick, but if we pass on him and 2 years from now when we have the same QB problems which we will, you all are gonna come screaming we shoulda takenk him, stop thinking about drafting "Now", The draft is about the future. Brady Quinn is the best player #4. And we might not ever get another shot at taking a franchise QB again.

#35 Brandon Merriweather - S - Miami This guy is 1st rd talent, and if not for the brawl he's a mid 1st rd'er. We are soon gonna be in a heap of crap in regards to our secondary after this season. We have no one at safety and aging CB's. Brandon is a stud safety, a Ed Reed type guy that can play Safety and CB, much like the Raiders Ashomugha. Good solid pick here for us.

#64 - Daymeion Hughes - CB Solid CB, watched him play alot. Love this kids play. He will fit in right with Merriweather to complete half of our secondary for the future

#68 - Samson Satele - Center Big strong center, will be Quinns center and a guy that will anchor our middle OL for years

#99 Marcus Thomas - DT This kid is a complete stud, and if not for peeeing hot for a little hippy lettuce, he goes late rd 1. Absolute steal for the Bucs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

« #2 : March 19, 2007, 11:17:59 AM »

Wont happen

Russell, Johnson and Thomas will go 1,2,3.... not necessarly in thar order, or with those teams, but those 3 players will be the 1st 3 taken next month

Bank it.

Heres mine

#4 - Brady Quinn.. Franchise QB thats well rounded and has worked under an NFL system. 1 year behind Garcia and we plug him in. Lets all be honest here. We have crap at QB and I dont see us winning more than 7 games this year. After another losing season at least will have something to look forward to in 2008. You guys might not like the pick, but if we pass on him and 2 years from now when we have the same QB problems which we will, you all are gonna come screaming we shoulda takenk him, stop thinking about drafting "Now", The draft is about the future. Brady Quinn is the best player #4. And we might not ever get another shot at taking a franchise QB again.

#35 Brandon Merriweather - S - Miami This guy is 1st rd talent, and if not for the brawl he's a mid 1st rd'er. We are soon gonna be in a heap of crap in regards to our secondary after this season. We have no one at safety and aging CB's. Brandon is a stud safety, a Ed Reed type guy that can play Safety and CB, much like the Raiders Ashomugha. Good solid pick here for us.

#64 - Daymeion Hughes - CB Solid CB, watched him play alot. Love this kids play. He will fit in right with Merriweather to complete half of our secondary for the future

#68 - Samson Satele - Center Big strong center, will be Quinns center and a guy that will anchor our middle OL for years

#99 Marcus Thomas - DT This kid is a complete stud, and if not for peeeing hot for a little hippy lettuce, he goes late rd 1. Absolute steal for the Bucs.

I dont think Quinn survives 4 either....If Detroit takes Quinn (like they should) The Browns will take Russell (the guy they wanted all along)...and there is Joe Thomas sitting in our lap

Gruden is going into this draft not worried about "the future" he wants to draft guys who will come in and possibly play from day one.

To take a Brady Quinn #4 would be suicide

psymun

Starter
« #3 : March 19, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »

1) Calvin Johnson
2a) Charles Johnson
2b) Rufus Alexander
3) Marcus Thomas
4) Samson Satele
5) JD Nelson
7) Yamon Figurs

So you want to draft a LB that ran a 4.8 and you think that Yamon is going to last until the 7th? Oh, and Victor Abiamiri, Anthony Spencer, and Tim Crowder are all better players than Charles Johnson...
Wont happen

Bank it.

Heres mine

And if Quinn is so great... then how the hell would we be able to get him at #4 when the Raiders, Browns, and Lions all need a QB, as well as half the teams that are within range to trade up in front of us? Daymeion Hughes would be nice, but we have other needs... Marcus Thomas is not going to last until the 4th round...

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #4 : March 19, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »

We won't get Quinn at 4.

« #5 : March 19, 2007, 11:44:29 AM »

1) Calvin Johnson
2a) Charles Johnson
2b) Rufus Alexander
3) Marcus Thomas
4) Samson Satele
5) JD Nelson
7) Yamon Figurs

So you want to draft a LB that ran a 4.8 and you think that Yamon is going to last until the 7th? Oh, and Victor Abiamiri, Anthony Spencer, and Tim Crowder are all better players than Charles Johnson...

If Rufus Alexander is SUCH a bad LB then why was th buzz out of the combine was ANY defense that runs a Tampa Two is a perfect fit for Rufus?

Also I would rather take a SEC defensive end any day any time any place over any defensive lineman in ANY other conference.
Before the end of the season both Moses and Johnson were projected in the top 10.

Charles Johnson may not be a "complete" DE yet but the guy has all the physical tools to be a great End. He personally shut down the spread option offense when they played Florida

"Perhaps a two-play sequence against Florida tells you most of what you need to know about Johnson. In the third quarter on second down, UF QB Chris Leak runs a speed option right at Johnson, who envelopes Leak before he can pitch for a loss. On the next play, the Gators tried to throw a tunnel screen to Johnson's side. The Dawg DE's momentum took him into the backfield too far to turn back to defend the screen, so he read Leak's eyes and knocked down the pass to keep the Gators off the scoreboard once again.

It's difficult to do those two plays justice with words, but they showed how quick he is and that he's got athletic skills to adapt to plays on the run. To me, he's not only a solid edge rusher, he's a playmaker - a guy who is consistently making something happen and getting hands on the ball or making a key tackle for a loss. He plays the run fine, not too concerned about how well he plays the run, but might be a little raw with his technique. He does take plays off on occasion, but not enough to warrant any worry at all.

Don't think that he can be a 3-4 outside backer, even though he is extremely quick and talented. I just don't see the fit at this point. But off the edge as a 4-3 rush end, bring it on. He's the guy. I believe that someone in the top 15 is really going to like this guy and his playmaking presence."

"Johnson is a big man with a ton of natural talent. He has an incredible burst off the edge of the line, and he displays excellent use of his hands and leverage much of the time. Even if he doesn't manage to take down a runner or quarterback, he'll push the pocket and disrupt the play. He also stands up well against the run, collapsing running lanes and forcing the runner to other defenders. Also, as big as he is already, his frame has the room to increase his weight possibly as high as 290 pounds without losing ability; a frightening thought given his already considerable power game."

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 19, 2007, 01:24:22 PM »

Rufus, even after the June signing and keeping Winborn?

« #7 : March 19, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »

Rufus, even after the June signing and keeping Winborn?

I think  Rufus will be a target by the bucs in this draft....I could be wrong and I may change it later and I was scratchng my head for a bit when I put it up....It wouldnt suprise me however to see th bucs reaching for a Marcus Thomas in round 2 and waiting to see if Rufus falls to them in round three.

In any way you look at it the motor the kid has will make him attractive to the Bucs staff

Stretchcaddy

Starter

« #8 : March 19, 2007, 02:46:45 PM »

1st rd..........I want to see CJ at that pick, but i dont see how a guy with his  talent will hear 3 teams pick 3 other players before a team finally calls his name. So my back up will be DT Okoye from Louisville. Yes that means we will trade back a few spots, but we will  stay in the top 10 and pick up an extra 2nd rd pick. I love the fact of having Calvin Johnson (6ft 5in 239lbs), on one side and Galloway on the other side of the field ,and clayton or stovall (6'5 225lbs) in the slot.  That would make those SS and FS stay back in coverage, and they cant stack the box  with those WR's lined up on the outside. Thats when our O-line will be able to do some good. Honestly we dont know how good or bad our line can be because  they spent the whole year trying block 8 and some 9 man fronts on every play, mainly because from day one of the season we did absolutley nothing from the Qb Posistion. Defenses had nothing to fear as far as the passing game, yeah we had galloway, but no one to get the ball to him.  Anyway with those WR out lined up, i think caddy will have his best year as a BUC,  having over 1200 yards rushing and about 300 yards receiving. Yes i know he has had trouble catching balls in the past  but i think he will change that around this year, ofcourse with a few drops sprinkled thru their (habits are hard to break)lol..........But our Oline will only have to block 4, 5 or at most 6 man fronts. Thats a big difference.

But if we get Okoye, along with Merriweather with the 2a pick and our defense will be reborn.
A speech written to Bruce Allen and for the pewter nation:
Time:2:35pm

" If Okoye and Brandon Merriweather wears pewter and red this upcoming season, our defense will be reborn.  Rice on one end and Kevin carter on the other and hovan and okoye disrupting the pocket. If they try a quick draw, Ruud will be their to close the door because its his time to showcase his game. If they do a quick slant June and brooks are going the other way with the ball for a td. With  Cato June at the ROLB pos. and Derrick Brooks at the LOLB pos.  Yes i know they say that  June  is competing for nece postion, but i think if they want to maximize our LB core abilties they need to that  move Brooks. Brooks is still  very good  but he has lost  a step. I think he could actually go the pro bowl as a starter if he moved to the LOLB pos.  And have June dropping back deep coverage  at brooks old postion. I would put ruud  at th MLB. I think he  will shut the run down , he is a lil suspect in coverage so far, but its his time ,  I think he will play with a big chip, and he plays mean. Let him play a full season with brooks to get that experience, just in case brooks retire at seanson end , he would have had  a full season with alot of wisdom on his right side. Ronde will do his thing, and if kelly is healthy, i hope we keep him, he is underated in our defense. That brings us to our Future. Our franchise Safety. The New Playmaker. Brandon Merriweather. This guy will be great addition to our secondary, he is a ball hawk and a game changer. Those 2 picks alone will.......................................It will rise us back the top of the NFL and reclaim what the entire NFL  knows is ours. The Top Defense, The mastry of Kiffin schemes. The Most elecrticfying dominating, smothering , confusing, career ender (AKili Smith,etc.)  defense of all time.........lol...just trying to do something different....... ;D

BucLord

Starter

« #9 : March 19, 2007, 02:55:32 PM »

Okoye is not WORTH the 4th overall pick, that would be a huge mistake taking him there

They'll be teams sending good offers to move up, I heard Denver is hot after Peterson. If CJ and JT are gone, I serioulsy consider any offers if not.. Take Brady Quinn.. He's the safest pick at 4....

In other words, he'll pay divdends... Nothing worse than pick a bust at #4. This pick is sooooooooooo crucial in our long term success.. We have got to make damn sure we get an impact player. The only player left after CJ and Russell and Joe Thomas is Brady Quin.. granted, not a "need now" guy.. but eventually he will be.

Even though he probably we'll sit a year.. if we draft Quinn.. We will have eliminated all desperate measures to get a QB in a couple of years.. Our QB.. the most important position of the entire team is now fixed, locked in place and ready to go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

dpc1192

Starter

« #10 : March 19, 2007, 02:57:48 PM »

I'm happy if we get
Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas
Yamon Figurs
Merriweather or Weddle
Marcus Thomas
Abiamiri or Johnson

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #11 : March 19, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »

I think Marcus Thomas is the 2nd best DT in this draft behind Amobi Okoye.  If it weren't for the incident at Florida, he would be a surefire first round pick.  Same thing for Brandon Merriweather as far as the first round goes.

1.  Calvin Johnson
2.  Ryan Kalil/ Brandon Merriweather (whoever is available)
2b.  ?  (don't know much about prospects at this spot)
3.  Marcus Thomas

dpc1192

Starter

« #12 : March 19, 2007, 03:03:07 PM »

We need some spark on our team anyways. Maybe a guy like Thomas or Merriweather could fire up the team.

You wouldn't want Ray Lewis on your team because of his incidents with the law?

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #13 : March 19, 2007, 03:06:08 PM »

I agree completely.  That's why I'm saying that it's stupid that alot of teams will pass on those two players with first round talent, just because of their other non-game related issues.

I would love to have both of them here.  We are going to need leaders when DB leaves.  I have said before that I believe Marcus Thomas is the next Warren Sapp.  A great player with an attitude.

« #14 : March 19, 2007, 03:07:25 PM »

Okoye is not WORTH the 4th overall pick, that would be a huge mistake taking him there

The Buccs might disagree with your scouting report.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who I would like to see us take « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools