Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who I would like to see us take « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dpc1192

Starter

#15 : March 19, 2007, 03:12:53 PM

I hope we get both Merriweather AND Thomas!

1- Calvin Johnson/ Joe Thomas
2a- Kalil, Johnson, or Spencer
2b- Merriweather
3- Thomas

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#16 : March 19, 2007, 03:13:51 PM

That's the ideal draft.  I just don't see Merriweather falling that far.

#17 : March 19, 2007, 03:25:44 PM

1) Calvin Johnson
2a) Charles Johnson
2b) Rufus Alexander
3) Marcus Thomas
4) Samson Satele
5) JD Nelson
7) Yamon Figurs

Great Offensive/Defensive draft
addrssses WR/KR/C/DE/DT/DB/LB

PR has 3312 members......I think it would be super if they all started 27 threads each with their mock drafts.   ::)

#18 : March 19, 2007, 03:36:58 PM

1) Calvin Johnson
2a) Charles Johnson
2b) Rufus Alexander
3) Marcus Thomas
4) Samson Satele
5) JD Nelson
7) Yamon Figurs

Great Offensive/Defensive draft
addrssses WR/KR/C/DE/DT/DB/LB

PR has 3312 members......I think it would be super if they all started 27 threads each with their mock drafts. ::)

And all probably wrong...like mine usually are

BucLord

Starter

#19 : March 19, 2007, 03:44:19 PM

Okoye is not WORTH the 4th overall pick, that would be a huge mistake taking him there

The Buccs might disagree with your scouting report.

Well considering our overall draft grade the last 5 years as been about a c-

They may want to listen to me

Traded 21st overall pick and 2nd-round pick to Buffalo for 14th overall pick in 2001 for Pinata Walker.. Is he still playing? We drafted 9 players, only 2 are on this team, a very bad LT and an average DT in Wyms

We drafted 8 players in 2002.. only 1 is on this team, and a very average safety

In 2003 we drafted 6 players, only 1 is here Simms.. and he got beat out by a 37 year old backup

in 2004 we drafted 8 players, we currently have only 2 players, a bust in Michael Clyton and a average safety in Will Allen

in 2005 we drafted 12 players, only 5 on on this team , a RB @ #5 who looks to be following the path of Clayton, guy cant stay healthy and has only 7 TD's in 2 years? He dont get it done in 2007 and he will clearly be a bust. Ruud has been a major dissapointment. Alex Smith.. only pick we made so far worth a damn.. good pick..an Buenning guard.. absolute garbage...nothing more than a backup, Nicholson? garbage player.. has'nt shown he has what it takes.. career backup at best

In 2006, jurys still out so I'll give that draft a free pass

So lets take a look back since 2001, 5 years of drafting

Heres the breakdown

43 players have been drafted

11 players are on this team from those draft   11

And not one has made the pro-bowl and the only player I see that has a possibility of turning it around is Caddy.. Clayton is not a #1 or #2 WR.. he's at best a 3rd WR

So outta 43 players.. we lucked out and got 1 worth a damn

So yeah, they really out to listen to me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 19, 2007, 06:22:26 PM

give me Anthony Spencer and Aaron Rouse after the CJ pick and im happy

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#21 : March 19, 2007, 06:25:51 PM

With Satele's size and this center class, I wouldn't be on him making it out of day 1. I actually think he'll be a 2nd rounder.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 19, 2007, 06:31:21 PM

Wont happen

Russell, Johnson and Thomas will go 1,2,3.... not necessarly in thar order, or with those teams, but those 3 players will be the 1st 3 taken next month

Bank it.

Heres mine

#4 - Brady Quinn.. Franchise QB thats well rounded and has worked under an NFL system. 1 year behind Garcia and we plug him in. Lets all be honest here. We have crap at QB and I dont see us winning more than 7 games this year. After another losing season at least will have something to look forward to in 2008. You guys might not like the pick, but if we pass on him and 2 years from now when we have the same QB problems which we will, you all are gonna come screaming we shoulda takenk him, stop thinking about drafting "Now", The draft is about the future. Brady Quinn is the best player #4. And we might not ever get another shot at taking a franchise QB again.

#35 Brandon Merriweather - S - Miami This guy is 1st rd talent, and if not for the brawl he's a mid 1st rd'er. We are soon gonna be in a heap of crap in regards to our secondary after this season. We have no one at safety and aging CB's. Brandon is a stud safety, a Ed Reed type guy that can play Safety and CB, much like the Raiders Ashomugha. Good solid pick here for us.

#64 - Daymeion Hughes - CB Solid CB, watched him play alot. Love this kids play. He will fit in right with Merriweather to complete half of our secondary for the future

#68 - Samson Satele - Center Big strong center, will be Quinns center and a guy that will anchor our middle OL for years

#99 Marcus Thomas - DT This kid is a complete stud, and if not for peeeing hot for a little hippy lettuce, he goes late rd 1. Absolute steal for the Bucs.

Marcus Thomas won't be there at 64, let alone 99.

Not Quinn at 4.  He's not worth that pick.  He isn't a top 5 QB, he's just one of the top 2 QB's in a very weak QB draft.  Trade down if CJ and JT are off the board (as is most likely).  If you can't trade down then it's Adams, Anderson, Okoye, Branch, or Carricker.  Linemen that high, not DBs that high.  If your stuck at 4 without the one you hoped for, you pick who you can.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 19, 2007, 06:40:13 PM

If you are thinking we will get Quinn... wow.. im speachless.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#24 : March 19, 2007, 07:03:56 PM

If we are at #4 with no JT or CJ on the board, then we will either pick Gaines Adams, or trade out.  There is no chance in hell that we take Quinn.

BucLord

Starter

#25 : March 19, 2007, 07:51:40 PM

Theres not one defensive player thats worth the #4 overall pick

If any of these defensive players were in any other draft they'd be 2nd rd picks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 19, 2007, 08:04:26 PM

If we are at #4 with no JT or CJ on the board, then we will either pick Gaines Adams, or trade out.  There is no chance in hell that we take Quinn.

Trading is easier said than done.

Theres not one defensive player thats worth the #4 overall pick

If any of these defensive players were in any other draft they'd be 2nd rd picks

It's the QBs that should be in rd 2 in any other draft. 

#27 : March 19, 2007, 08:20:25 PM

1.Calvin Johnson
2a.Ryan Kalil
2b.Tim Crowder
3.Marcus Thomas
I only have three rounds because after that I dont know who i would like

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#28 : March 19, 2007, 10:16:23 PM

I would love to have both of them here.  We are going to need leaders when DB leaves.  I have said before that I believe Marcus Thomas is the next Warren Sapp.  A great player with an attitude.

I have said it before, Thomas has officially reached Mike Williams level overrated-ness.

#29 : March 20, 2007, 10:23:35 AM

I would love to have both of them here. We are going to need leaders when DB leaves. I have said before that I believe Marcus Thomas is the next Warren Sapp. A great player with an attitude.

I have said it before, Thomas has officially reached Mike Williams level overrated-ness.

Difference is we would have wasted a first rounder on Mike
Marcus is only a third....lot less risk with a ton of potential reward.

That ,my friend, seperates the risk from the hype....If Marcus poops on himself so what its a third round pick
If we would have drafted Mike Williams and he performed for us like he did the Lions....we waste a first rounder.

The hype surrounded MT is the fact that the guy was slotted to be the #1 DT in this draft....to get him in the third round is beyond a steal. He has 4.7 speed and once ran a 4.5 for a DT...he is a pass rusher....he is a run stopper....he put up great numbers verses an SEC schedule...he is everything you want in a tackle. Except for the weed...if he can get past his first test clean he will be ok for the year

I dont believe Marcus=Sapp in Sapp's prime. However looking at both coming into the league as a rookie they have similar features and Marcus can develop into a GREAT tackle.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who I would like to see us take « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools