Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who I would like to see us take « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : March 20, 2007, 10:30:40 AM

PR has 3312 members......I think it would be super if they all started 27 threads each with their mock drafts. ::)

And all probably wrong...like mine usually are

If you post enough you will have one nearly right.   ;)

All I would say is if we go O (CJ or JT) in the first the rest of the first day should be D.   I just have a feeling we will go O with the first two picks again, and that is getting old now.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#31 : March 20, 2007, 10:58:41 AM

All I would say is if we go O (CJ or JT) in the first the rest of the first day should be D.   I just have a feeling we will go O with the first two picks again, and that is getting old now.

That's pretty much the way it goes. There's nothing to build around on defense.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 20, 2007, 10:59:49 AM

I want Ginn.

BucLord

Starter

#33 : March 20, 2007, 11:09:53 AM

I want Ginn.

Calvin Jonson is here....

And Ginn Jr is....

Here....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

#34 : March 20, 2007, 11:15:36 AM

I want Ginn.

Calvin Jonson is here....

And Ginn Jr is....

Here....
:D

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#35 : March 20, 2007, 07:07:59 PM

Difference is we would have wasted a first rounder on Mike
Marcus is only a third....lot less risk with a ton of potential reward.

That ,my friend, seperates the risk from the hype....If Marcus poops on himself so what its a third round pick
If we would have drafted Mike Williams and he performed for us like he did the Lions....we waste a first rounder.

Not the point, I'm saying people's expectations of those players. People make Thomas out to be a HOF caliber DT (Sapp comparisons). The BMW bandwagon made it out to be Mike Williams was going to be a near-dominant WR and a huge matchup problem for anyone. The higher praise, I'd say, would be the comparisons to a guy who is a legend around here. I don't think either of them are going to be setting the world on fire anytime soon...

The hype surrounded MT is the fact that the guy was slotted to be the #1 DT in this draft....to get him in the third round is beyond a steal. He has 4.7 speed and once ran a 4.5 for a DT...he is a pass rusher....he is a run stopper....he put up great numbers verses an SEC schedule...he is everything you want in a tackle. Except for the weed...if he can get past his first test clean he will be ok for the year

The only thing worse than hearing you throw out 40 numbers that you don't back up with anything, is knowing that he cannot run near those numbers now. If Thomas can even reach the 4.8s ata favorable situation at his pro day, I'll eat my hat.

I dont believe Marcus=Sapp in Sapp's prime. However looking at both coming into the league as a rookie they have similar features and Marcus can develop into a GREAT tackle.

I don't see it...

psymun

Starter
#36 : March 20, 2007, 07:24:40 PM

Actually after seeing Alexander's Pro day... I'm back on his bandwagon...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who I would like to see us take « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools