Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fox Sports Take on the June signing « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: March 19, 2007, 12:39:54 PM

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/briandelucia/2007/03/18/June_Bolsters_Bucs_Cover2_and_More_NFL_Notes

Cato June fits the Tampa Bay scheme since he played in the same scheme with the Colts, but won’t be playing the weakside spot while Derrick Brooks remains a Buccaneer.  We’ll trust Monte Kiffin to fit June into his defense in the same mode of Sheldon Quarles.

June is a very good athlete who covers a lot of ground and makes a lot of plays, especially in pass coverage.  He’s not going to fill gaps and will miss a few tackles, leading to mixed reviews from most scouts and ultimately kept him out of the initial free agent hoopla since most evaluators view June as a system player.     

One area where June bolsters the Tampa Bay defense will be in the nickel alignments.  With Sheldon? Quarles facing a very uncertain future following an injury-ravaged season, they could have been faced with a significant problem when they are in their two-linebacker alignments on passing downs without signing June.  Brooks and June will make it difficult for opposing quarterbacks to find open areas in the intermediate passing game on third downs. 

With Brooks and June on the field at the same time, they’ll need another linebacker to handle the dirty work.  Barrett Ruud could get an opportunity to play on run downs.  Ruud has shown toughness and the ability to fight off blockers.

pretty fair analysis from FoxSports.......

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 19, 2007, 01:18:31 PM

pretty fair analysis from FoxSports.......

Fair and balanced???  :P

wildbuc99

Rookie

#2 : March 19, 2007, 01:28:26 PM

I just want to know who SHELDON is???

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 19, 2007, 08:29:25 PM

Who is Sheldon? Did we sign another LB??

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 19, 2007, 09:21:10 PM

Once a butt always a butt, eh T. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#5 : March 19, 2007, 09:26:09 PM

we do need another force at MLB imo, if one falls into the 3rd or 4th, i think we should grab one, or sign Draft...Ruud is good...but I dont think he is THAT good

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 19, 2007, 09:37:55 PM

Draft is going to be a Ram - the 3rd or 4th round should get us a back up for Ruud. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#7 : March 19, 2007, 09:50:33 PM

we do need another force at MLB imo, if one falls into the 3rd or 4th, i think we should grab one, or sign Draft...Ruud is good...but I dont think he is THAT good

What makes you say that?  Ruud has been backing up Shelton.  Shelton has been our best LB the last 2 years.  Ruud will do just fine.

#8 : March 19, 2007, 10:18:29 PM

No to Draft. I would love to see another LB, outside or inside drafted

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 19, 2007, 11:34:33 PM

Brooks, Ruud, Cato.

Unless a smallish Winborn can win the MBL spot.  Winborn can hit like a ton of bricks...

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#10 : March 20, 2007, 06:19:53 AM

Brooks, Ruud, Cato.

That`s the most likely line up, and the one I would feel the most comfortable with. Not a pressing need but I thing they may still draft a LB

superbuc

Practice Squad
#11 : March 20, 2007, 09:30:42 AM

not sure if it's been posted yet....Peter King had this to say:

4. I think the Bucs had no intention of entering free agency by going after Cato June, the best linebacker on the Colts. But with the market almost three weeks old, and the Colts showing no aggressiveness with June, they stole him for two years and $6 million on Saturday. The deal could grow to a third year with $3 million more. For a three-down player in a system that features the linebacker so prominently, I love this signing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/18/overtime/index.html

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#12 : March 20, 2007, 03:42:13 PM

I'm not comfortable going into the season with just Barrett Ruud at MLB.  What do we do if he gets hurt?  Without Quarles, we have no depth at MLB, like we do on the outside.

#13 : March 20, 2007, 04:49:57 PM

I see whatr yopur saying, but I am more than comfortable with Ruud at MLB and a 2nd day pick or June 1 FA as a backup MLB. Ruud will hold down the fort, it will not be difficult at all to find a backup MLB. They are a dime a dozen
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fox Sports Take on the June signing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools