Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Broncos Cut DE Courtney Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: March 19, 2007, 05:07:26 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BRONCOS CUT CAVITY SAM

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Denver Broncos have cut defensive end Courtney Brown.

Brown, to whom we lovingly refer to refer as "Cavity Sam" because off his extensive history of injuries and surgical procedures, was the first overall pick in the 2000 draft.

It could be the end of the line for Brown, who when healthy has been effective.  The problem is that he's rarely been at full strength.

Should the Bucs go after Courtney Brown.  He played under Larry Coyer in Denver.  I haven't heard very much about him.  Is he any good?  Would he be a good signing?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 19, 2007, 05:10:35 PM

Brown has been solid when he's been healthy.  But like PFT.com said, he's rarely been healthy.  It might be over for Brown.  If he did come here it wouldn't be for a big contract of course and might be a nice camp body worth a try.  Coyer would have as good a scouting report and opinion of the guy as anyone would.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 19, 2007, 05:14:23 PM

Time for another "BA special"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 19, 2007, 05:18:27 PM

People say he plays well he's not dinged when but that's not even true. He played zero games this season but in 2005 he played 14 games and managed all of 24 tackles and 2 sacks so I'm not sure that counts as "playing well".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : March 19, 2007, 05:19:17 PM

I wonder if he can play DT?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 19, 2007, 06:01:19 PM

I could see us signing him for vet minimum. For a training camp body at least.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 19, 2007, 07:06:06 PM

hell, if we signed kenny smith and gave wadsworth a tryout this guy is worth a look.  you know allen and gruden's  FA motto "Give us your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,  The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.  Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me......"  ;)  We'd give any broken down vet or even guys who have been out of the league for multiple years a shot. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 19, 2007, 07:07:42 PM

lets sign Peter Boulware too

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 19, 2007, 07:22:16 PM

Give the guy a vet minimum deal, bring him into TC, and then if he still sucks let him go. Definitely worth a look IMHO.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#9 : March 19, 2007, 07:32:53 PM

WE NEED TO SIGN THIS GUY TO REPLACE GREG SPIRES

#10 : March 19, 2007, 07:34:38 PM

Its pointless, the guy has never been healthy and never will be. Even IF he were to somehow be aquired by the Bucs and make the team, he would get injured right away.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 19, 2007, 08:16:28 PM

if we had time for the likes of sammy morris, juran bolden, ike hilliard, david boston, chris hovan, and darrell russell, we've got time for this guy.

the bucs will leave this one almost entirely to coyers discretion i think, but personally i'd rather we sign him for the minimum than Undrafted Rookie Joe Blow from Wahoo State as the 100th guy on our roster.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 19, 2007, 08:31:26 PM

Looks like this is the reason the Broncos released Brown.

NFL | Brown failed physical
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:46:00 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports unrestricted free-agent DE Courtney L. Brown failed his physical this past weekend before being released by the Denver Broncos.

Doesn't totally mean the Bucs couldn't sign him if they felt he was worth a look.  Just last off season they signed Fonoti only days after his agreed to deal with the Raiders was voided after he failed their physical.

#13 : March 19, 2007, 08:53:28 PM

He sucks,don't bother

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#14 : March 19, 2007, 09:37:18 PM

I would like us to give him a try.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Broncos Cut DE Courtney Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools