Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Crowder @ UT « previous next »
Page: 1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

: March 20, 2007, 05:47:28 AM

IMO Crowder is very similar to former Longhorn DE Cory Redding who now plays for the Detroit LIons.  Marinelli successfully converted him last year to UT.  Crowder should be available at#35.  Could he be an Under Tackle for us?  Just a thought.  If we can't get CJ or JT in the 1st a combination of Gaines Adams at DE and Crowder at UT really intrigues me.  Or would drafting Carricker in the first to play UT and a DE in the 2nd be better?  Like to hear your opinions on this.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#1 : March 20, 2007, 09:04:58 AM

I actually like the idea. Crowder is one of the bigger DEs in this years draft, but his combine agility test results were fantastic. No one expected him to show that type of explosiveness. I think with proper coaching he could make the switch or at lest play UT on passing downs.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 20, 2007, 09:23:51 AM

I think the Marinelli/Redding thing and what we did with Carriker at the Senior Bowl shows that is a direction that teams with the Tampa 2 scheme might start experimenting more with to try and get that pass rush DT that is so hard to find. Plus you figure guys like Wyms and Jackson (both who whom we DE's IIRC when drafted) show we've got that propensity.

You figure it also gives you options, you draft a guy like Crowder, try him at UT and if he doesn't work you can always flop him back out to DE.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 20, 2007, 09:25:52 AM

Maybe but don't expect a 2nd round pick to come in and start right away for Monte. Look how long it took for White and Ruud.  Even Booger a 1st rounder did not come in and start right away. Maybe now a 1st rounder would start, but not a 2nd rounder.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 20, 2007, 09:38:55 AM

Guys like RayMac and Ikaika Alama-Francis might be better fits for that role.  Assuming we don't take Carriker, of course.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 20, 2007, 10:18:43 AM

Maybe but don't expect a 2nd round pick to come in and start right away for Monte. Look how long it took for White and Ruud.  Even Booger a 1st rounder did not come in and start right away. Maybe now a 1st rounder would start, but not a 2nd rounder.

Those guys were backing up solid starters. There's nothing like that at UT right now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 20, 2007, 10:50:41 AM

I would expect any DL we draft to be a rotational player in year 1 and assume the job next year rather it is a DT or DE we draft.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 20, 2007, 10:58:19 AM

Those guys were backing up solid starters. There's nothing like that at UT right now.

I agree, but I think that's the reason we signed Carter

sma2680

Practice Squad

#8 : March 20, 2007, 12:33:34 PM

It took several years for Redding to get that way.  He was there during my four years at UT, and he was much thinner and more athletic when he first came into the league.  He looked like Simeon.  However, Redding wasn't much of a player until last year when Marinelli got a hold of him. 

As for Crowder, he is a very good player.  He doesn't get a lot of hype, but he is solid in many aspects.  He is definitely a DE.  I think he would be a perfect complimentary DE.  Not sure he could dominate as the only good DE on a team, but if another good DE was on the other side, I think it would be similar to what the bears have with Alex Brown and Adewale Ogunleye.  In fact he reminds me of Ogunleye. 

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 20, 2007, 12:36:07 PM

Wasn't Redding a dissappointment for the most part at UT? I thought he came out of HS as the best defensive player in the country.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 20, 2007, 12:39:09 PM

I really like Crowder but I don't know if he could be moved inside. It may or may not work. You are talking about Redding doing well, maybe Crowder could, but maybe he can't.

The Lions stumbled on to Redding guys. Redding was 1st team all universe coming out of HS and really did not produce to the level that UT had hoped. He played end for 3 year in Det and registered 4 sacks or something and then blamo he moved inside after picking up some weight and they found him. He is more of a miracle find than anything. Had he not played so well inside this year with some people out of the way (Rodgers) you may have never heard of Redding.

Baghead #2

sma2680

Practice Squad

#11 : March 20, 2007, 12:56:18 PM

Wasn't Redding a dissappointment for the most part at UT? I thought he came out of HS as the best defensive player in the country.

Yeah he was a disappointment in that he was HS defensive player of the year coming in, but he was a good player at UT.  Just didn't turn into that guy really dominant guy who ended up being a high first round pick.  He did start all 4 years, just as Crowder did.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 20, 2007, 01:06:52 PM

Crowder would be terrible at 2a, but he'll be there in R3 most likely.

#13 : March 20, 2007, 06:10:08 PM

Give me Crowder at 2b,then he can replace Spires.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 20, 2007, 06:26:45 PM

I like Crowder with the Colts' pick in the second but I fear he had too good of a combine to last that long. I don't think his play in college shows he's worth the #35 pick and I'm not in favor of bulking him up to play inside.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Crowder @ UT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools