Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If you think this team isn't capable of beating a team with a winning record, « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nubcake

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2010, 09:31:25 PM

you're an idiot.

Period. Simply looking at the team's record against winning opponents and assuming that the team can't beat anyone with a winning record or is below average is just as stupid as all the Hawaii fans a few years ago who were whining about not getting to play for the national title game(and then promptly got obliterated by Georgia). You have to look at the quality of the opponents. The teams we've played aren't just teams with winning records, they're all Super Bowl contenders. Their combined record after tonight will be 36-12.

Those aren't good teams. They're elite teams. Losing to them doesn't make us bad or unable to beat winning teams, it just makes us a team that isn't elite yet. Which is news to absolutely no one. And if you think this team is unable to beat someone like Jacksonville or Kansas City(both teams with winning records), you're something a little stronger than an idiot. This team has played Baltimore and Atlanta(twice) within one possession, and against Atlanta they had a good chance to win both times. Because they weren't able to, they aren't elite. And that's all that it means.

Bottom line is, the Bucs are a good team. Not a great team, but not a bad team. All of the Falcons fans I've talked to will agree and actually hope that we don't sneak into the playoffs. So anyone here who wants to continue to hang on to some silly notion that the Bucs failing will expose Raheem and Dominick which will lead to the Glazers magically realizing the error of their ways and bringing back Gruden so he can begin to recreate the dynasty that he never actually started might want to use a little logic first. In the same way that we can't assume we're a great team because we've beaten 7 bad/mediocre teams, we also can't assume we're a bad team because we've lost 5 times to Super Bowl contending teams.

There's still some season left to be played. Let's let it play out before jumping to any baseless conclusions. Because as we've all learned many times this season(some more than others), that's never a wise idea.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : December 05, 2010, 09:38:17 PM

blah, blah, blah

0-5

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 05, 2010, 09:40:16 PM

blah, blah, blah

0-5

Oh don't worry, we already knew you're one of the idiots.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#3 : December 05, 2010, 09:40:50 PM

blah, blah, blah

0-5
Hope your not a father. All you see is failure

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 05, 2010, 09:43:48 PM

0-5 is simply a statistic. It's incredible how it makes the little girls cry.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#5 : December 05, 2010, 09:45:17 PM

lmao thats calling the kettle black

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 05, 2010, 09:48:58 PM

0-5 against top 10 TEAMS. WTF, what's the point of even bringing that stat up?

Did you HONESTLY think before the season started we even had a chance to win the games vs PITT, BAL, ATL, and NO? I thought we'd split with ATL and lose to all those teams but who honestly gives a **CENSORED** about the 5 losses against the upper tier teams. Even if we just 1 or 2 of them, we still aren't even a top 10 team regardless. In order to be a top 10 team, you have to beat top 10 teams consistently.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : December 05, 2010, 09:55:26 PM

blah, blah, blah

0-5

Jeez what a surprise.... I shoulda known you would be around to celebrate the loss, seeing as how you are not a Bucs fan.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 05, 2010, 09:56:06 PM

And one that people illogically use to form asinine arguments about the team's actual skill level. But by all means, continue to pretend that people are merely mentioning the record and nothing more, it only serves to further expose your idiocy.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 05, 2010, 09:59:41 PM

Illuminator and cyberude are fu              ck budies ..

Illuminator you su ck donkey balls...

Nubcake well said..   

This team is going to be crazy good next year...

another draft and get the injured players back..   

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 05, 2010, 10:00:38 PM

Kind of an important statistic though so this thread is idiotic. Bottom line, 0-5 against good teams. Who cares if people "think they can beat them" or not.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 05, 2010, 10:01:24 PM

And one that people illogically use to form asinine arguments about the team's actual skill level. But by all means, continue to pretend that people are merely mentioning the record and nothing more, it only serves to further expose your idiocy.

I use it to call this team average and I don't think I'm far off in that assessment. 

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#12 : December 05, 2010, 10:01:42 PM

Illuminator and cyberude are fu              ck budies ..

Illuminator you su ck donkey balls...
dont give away the ending to their 2 man peep show they spent alot of time practicing

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 05, 2010, 10:03:55 PM

Kind of an important statistic though so this thread is idiotic. Bottom line, 0-5 against good teams. Who cares if people "think they can beat them" or not.

It's the opinion of a few people on this board, so I'm addressing it. That's what people do on message boards, they post opinions and address others. Perhaps you're on the wrong website? There's got to be a "merely post stats that anyone could easily just google in 10 seconds here.com" site somewhere that's calling you.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 05, 2010, 10:04:26 PM

blah, blah, blah

0-5

Jeez what a surprise.... I shoulda known you would be around to celebrate the loss, seeing as how you are not a Bucs fan.

Yes, knowing a statistical fact is exactly the same as 'celebrating a loss.' Every time we've played a winning team, we've lost. Not really sure why you want to blame me for that. I'm not making this stuff up you know. It's not my opinion, it's not speculation, it's just a simple fact. But if you're really desperate to remain oblivious to this particular fact, go ahead and attack anyone who points it out. Maybe that will somehow magically change the facts...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If you think this team isn't capable of beating a team with a winning record, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools