Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I wanted to win it on defense"...thats a bunch of garbage! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 19, 2010, 09:00:16 PM

You know, this isn't rocket science. If you can score a touchdown, you do it. If not you settle for the field goal and let your D win it ( well, in our case...hope they win it.

Yep, always, always, always try for as many points as you can and only settle for field goals if you have to. Look at the Patriots last week against the Bears. Only seconds left in the first half with a big lead and 50 yards away from the end zone. Take a knee? Heck no, Brady lofts a TD pass for another 7 before half. Never take your foot off the pedal if you can help it.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 19, 2010, 09:01:07 PM

That's your Coach of the Year!

I think that he's done a very good job this year...especially with the injuries.

Coaches ( yes, good ones ) are always being questioned, Andy Reid, Bellichick, Tomlin, etc...so I don't feel the least bit threatened by your quote.

Would you crap yourself if he did get Coach of the Year?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 19, 2010, 09:04:30 PM

He's definitely got a shot at it. Todd Haley with the Chiefs also is a strong candidate.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 19, 2010, 09:09:36 PM

I don't care if you have the 85 bears defense and the 08 lions offense.....you play to win.

I don't think anybody doubted that we were going to lose once we saw what our 3 plays were....it was destined for failure.

When everyone watching has the same gut feeling about an obviously bad strategy....you know it was the wrong thing to do. Hopefully morris will go watch the patriots tonight....maybe he'll learn what bellichick would do in a situation like that

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 19, 2010, 09:14:50 PM

Morris said he wants to score Td's, not be a riverboat gambler. This team is not a finished product. It's all about process. -Getting this team to be accountable on all sides of the ball, and learning smart football.

I'd like to think that I'd have done the same thing on o with the three straight runs to try to get first, if not field goal and play D. GET THE POINTS. It's a good philosophy to follow, and more often than not, the right call to make.

You have to believe in the process, and commit to what you think gives your team the best chance. If Free threw a pick at that point it would have been very regrettable.

Call it what you will. IMVHO,  Morris made the right call from a statistical and process related realm. It just did not work out.

I'm certainly not going to be a clown and act like Morris has not done a magnificent job this year.

Go BUCS!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 19, 2010, 09:16:10 PM

Would you crap yourself if he did get Coach of the Year?

Won't have to worry about it.

0-5 against winning teams. No playoffs. No statement wins. Bottom half of the league in most statistical categories.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 19, 2010, 09:30:06 PM

Morris said he wants to score Td's, not be a riverboat gambler. This team is not a finished product. It's all about process. -Getting this team to be accountable on all sides of the ball, and learning smart football.

I'd like to think that I'd have done the same thing on o with the three straight runs to try to get first, if not field goal and play D. GET THE POINTS. It's a good philosophy to follow, and more often than not, the right call to make.

You have to believe in the process, and commit to what you think gives your team the best chance. If Free threw a pick at that point it would have been very regrettable.

Call it what you will. IMVHO,  Morris made the right call from a statistical and process related realm. It just did not work out.

I'm certainly not going to be a clown and act like Morris has not done a magnificent job this year.

Go BUCS!!

You're a dolt

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 19, 2010, 09:41:29 PM

"Mentality before reality."

Rah likes saying that....and this is proof that he truly believes it. He has the mentality that his team should be able to make the stop at the end of the game. That didn't work out today, but it tells me that he has a vision for the team and that one day, that will be the reality. Until then, it's just another painful loss.

"He has the mentality that his team should be able to make the stop at the end of the game. That didn't work out today..."

That hasn't worked out the last 3 weeks. He's garbage and he may have cost this team a chance at the playoffs.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 19, 2010, 09:45:16 PM

Go BUCS!!

You're a dolt

I second that...this guy seems clueless when he posts garbage like this.

westcoastbuc

Second String

#24 : December 19, 2010, 09:53:19 PM

there is absolutely no way a team like the Steelers would even play for the field goal, and they have a great defense.  That has to be the worst play calling all year, to QB sneak on the shot-gun on a 3rd down.  That play, right there ruined our playoff chances.  I know we probably wouldn't have gone far, if we made it, but to not put your faith on the right arm of #5 is inexcusable!  We played to lose today, and thats what we did.

WestCoastBuc~

awitron

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 19, 2010, 09:56:08 PM

Oh please, shut this **CENSORED** up. Had we "went for the throat" and had a turnover rather than the lead at the end of the 4th, you guys would be killing him for that.

It was the correct call. Period.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 19, 2010, 09:57:06 PM

Why is everyone killing the call and NOT the execution?

Is Raheem STILL a scapegoat?

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 19, 2010, 09:59:34 PM

Oh please, shut this **CENSORED** up. Had we "went for the throat" and had a turnover rather than the lead at the end of the 4th, you guys would be killing him for that.

Yeah, maybe we should never pass it. It could be an interception. Or run it...could fumble.

We should just kneel it the whole game. We'll be turnover free!!!

Goddammit, go outside and get some fresh air

awitron

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 19, 2010, 10:01:54 PM

Yeah, maybe we should never pass it. It could be an interception. Or run it...could fumble.

We should just kneel it the whole game. We'll be turnover free!!!

Goddammit, go outside and get some fresh air

You do realize the entire offense is young and its on Olson to protect them from mistakes, right?

It was conservative but it was the right call to make. We had the chance to take the lead and put it in the defense's hands to make a stop.

Chaos

Starter
#29 : December 19, 2010, 10:04:28 PM

If he wanted to "win it on defense"  then maybe he shouldn't have put Elbert Mack on Calvin johnson!!! I wouldnt put Elbert Mack on Ike hilliard!!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I wanted to win it on defense"...thats a bunch of garbage! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools