Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I wanted to win it on defense"...thats a bunch of garbage! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 19, 2010, 10:05:00 PM

The defense has 7 starters out! They were gassed. We had Preston Parker playing safety on a number of plays.

Yet that unit is going to stop Megatron and Best from getting in field goal range?

Are you serious?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 19, 2010, 10:08:44 PM

Oh please, shut this **CENSORED** up. Had we "went for the throat" and had a turnover rather than the lead at the end of the 4th, you guys would be killing him for that.

It was the correct call. Period.

Personally I wouldn't be 'killing him' for that, but better luck next time!!!

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 19, 2010, 10:10:09 PM

Oh please, shut this **CENSORED** up. Had we "went for the throat" and had a turnover rather than the lead at the end of the 4th, you guys would be killing him for that.

Yeah, maybe we should never pass it. It could be an interception. Or run it...could fumble.

We should just kneel it the whole game. We'll be turnover free!!!

Goddammit, go outside and get some fresh air

You do realize the entire offense is young and its on Olson to protect them from mistakes, right?

It was conservative but it was the right call to make. We had the chance to take the lead and put it in the defense's hands to make a stop.

"We had the chance to take the lead and put it in the defense's hands to make a stop."

And if you don't understand why that was the wrong call based on that logic, please stop posting and watch more FB.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 19, 2010, 10:25:53 PM

Yeah, maybe we should never pass it. It could be an interception. Or run it...could fumble.

You do realize the entire offense is young and its on Olson to protect them from mistakes, right?

It was conservative but it was the right call to make. We had the chance to take the lead and put it in the defense's hands to make a stop.

"We had the chance to take the lead and put it in the defense's hands to make a stop."

And if you don't understand why that was the wrong call based on that logic, please stop posting and watch more FB.

Are you confused easily?

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 19, 2010, 10:28:03 PM

Are you confused easily?

Do you understand that you don't put the game on a defense that is worse than the one THAT BLEW LATE LEADS THE PAST 2 WEEKS and one THAT WAS GETTING TORCHED ALL DAY BY A 3RD STRING QB?

Like I said, watch more, post less...thanks!!!

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 19, 2010, 10:39:42 PM

This is a losing philosophy.

Why the hell would you play for the FG when you the defense will have to make a stop anyway?

It makes no logical sense. Whether you play for a FG or TD, the defense will still have to go out there. So why not play for the TD?

Make all the excuses you want, it was the wrong decision.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 19, 2010, 10:44:53 PM

I don't care what anyone says, the guy has done an outstanding job considering the youth movement and key injuries.  It didn't help that we were playing a Lions team who is very hungry, very good, and getting better.  They beat a quality Packers team last week, and came to Tampa and stole a win from us; Kudos to them.

italianbuc23

Rookie

#37 : December 19, 2010, 10:46:54 PM

I don't care what anyone says, the guy has done an outstanding job considering the youth movement and key injuries.  It didn't help that we were playing a Lions team who is very hungry, very good, and getting better.  They beat a quality Packers team last week, and came to Tampa and stole a win from us; Kudos to them.
def didnt steal that one we got our butts kicked on D all  game along

STRICK-9

Starter

#38 : December 19, 2010, 10:49:13 PM

I am sorry but this guy is a Rah-Tard!

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

awitron

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 19, 2010, 10:50:40 PM

Ohhhhh the watch more post less argument, very cute.

You make it seem as if a TD was a sure thing and we were lighting up the scoreboard. Its called having confidence in your team and trusting that if they are given a 3 point lead with a little over a minute to go and the other team doesnt have any timeouts, you can win that game. It was the right call.

Give the Lions some credit. They earned this win. Every single coach in the league would play that scenario out the same way if he were in Raheem's shoes.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 19, 2010, 10:55:02 PM

protect them from mistakes? Oh jeez. What kind of nanny state are you living in?

Should we have protected him from mistakes on that TD pass to mike williams....or how about on every comeback drive he's had so far....should we have protected them there?

All he's doing is protecting them from winning

westcoastbuc

Second String

#41 : December 19, 2010, 11:04:08 PM

This is a losing philosophy.

Why the hell would you play for the FG when you the defense will have to make a stop anyway?

It makes no logical sense. Whether you play for a FG or TD, the defense will still have to go out there. So why not play for the TD?

Make all the excuses you want, it was the wrong decision.
100% agree with this, we would have had to make a stop no matter what, why not try for a touchdown.  Freeman doesn't turn the ball over, if it wasn't there he throws it out the back of the endzone.  Horrible call, played to lose.

WestCoastBuc~

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 19, 2010, 11:17:25 PM

Ohhhhh the watch more post less argument, very cute.

You make it seem as if a TD was a sure thing and we were lighting up the scoreboard. Its called having confidence in your team and trusting that if they are given a 3 point lead with a little over a minute to go and the other team doesnt have any timeouts, you can win that game. It was the right call.

Give the Lions some credit. They earned this win. Every single coach in the league would play that scenario out the same way if he were in Raheem's shoes.

"Every single coach in the league would play that scenario out the same way if he were in Raheem's shoes."

And you know this how?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 19, 2010, 11:21:10 PM

"Its called having confidence in your team and trusting that if they are given a 3 point lead with a little over a minute to go and the other team doesnt have any timeouts, you can win that game. It was the right call."

Confidence is usually something that is gained through EXCELLENT PRIOR PERFORMANCE. Considering that wasn't the case with this defense AT LEAST OVER THE PAST 3 WEEKS, that logic is flawed.

Also, since when 1:39 is 'a little' over a minute?

traew01

Pro Bowler

#44 : December 19, 2010, 11:37:36 PM

Let me summarize:

When you have not stopped the Lions all day, and you just allowed the Redskins to drive the length of the field last week - a field goal by the Bucs is almost guaranteeing the game goes in overtime. The Lions were almost certain to drive the distance necessary to at least get in field goal range.

But if you man up - and try to grab a playoff birth with your strongest unit - and go for a TD - and call normal plays, passing or running:

They have a chance to assure themselves at least overtime - and force the Lions to score a TD;

If they do not score a TD, they still get a field goal and simply give the Lions a little more time;

And if at worst you turn the ball over - you still have to stop them from getting a field goal.....

Compare what the Bucs did with what the Lions did at the end of regulation. They were going for the jugular - trying to win the game in regulation rather than force overtime....

Quite simply, for a team desparately trying to get into the playoffs - you DO NOT play safe and assume your D can do what they had failed to do all day.....

It was a serious coaching error. Hopefully Raheem learns from this - and realizes that to be a winner in the NFL - you have to be aggressive and play to your strengths - which in this case is CLEARLY the offensive side of the ball.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I wanted to win it on defense"...thats a bunch of garbage! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools