Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I wanted to win it on defense"...thats a bunch of garbage! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Snook

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 19, 2010, 11:41:53 PM

Let me summarize:

When you have not stopped the Lions all day, and you just allowed the Redskins to drive the length of the field last week - a field goal by the Bucs is almost guaranteeing the game goes in overtime. The Lions were almost certain to drive the distance necessary to at least get in field goal range.

But if you man up - and try to grab a playoff birth with your strongest unit - and go for a TD - and call normal plays, passing or running:

They have a chance to assure themselves at least overtime - and force the Lions to score a TD;

If they do not score a TD, they still get a field goal and simply give the Lions a little more time;

And if at worst you turn the ball over - you still have to stop them from getting a field goal.....

Compare what the Bucs did with what the Lions did at the end of regulation. They were going for the jugular - trying to win the game in regulation rather than force overtime....

Quite simply, for a team desparately trying to get into the playoffs - you DO NOT play safe and assume your D can do what they had failed to do all day.....

It was a serious coaching error. Hopefully Raheem learns from this - and realizes that to be a winner in the NFL - you have to be aggressive and play to your strengths - which in this case is CLEARLY the offensive side of the ball.

Two of the things Raheem said when he was hired....

"We're gonna be agressive."

"We're gonna score touchdowns."

He did neither on the final drive.  He's a coward.  And an idiot.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#46 : December 19, 2010, 11:47:42 PM

The lions win on the road breaking an nfl record losing road streak what an embarrassment. >:(
Also letting a no name QB like stanton win is also embarassing...

I also recall letting no name QB's Gray, Rosenfels ( earlier in time), and now stanton! Win games against Tampa!

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 19, 2010, 11:50:11 PM

The lions win on the road breaking an nfl record losing road streak what an embarrassment. >:(
Also letting a no name QB like stanton win is also embarassing...

I also recall letting no name QB's Gray, Rosenfels ( earlier in time), and now stanton! Win games against Tampa!

Blame it on the injuries!!!

But this team is showing improvement so let's all be happy and joyful!!!

(sarcasm intended)

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#48 : December 20, 2010, 12:01:26 AM

Just make sure to put the blame in the right place.  Blame Raheem for the poor effort on tackling and bad defensive play calls but I've yet to see anyone prove to me that in those offensive situations Raheem takes over for Olson.  Just doesn't seem that way to me.  So if you want to be mad about the play calling when we had the ball you should at least put an equal amount on the OC.   

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#49 : December 20, 2010, 12:04:03 AM

Olson has always been a medicre oc.... If he gets Head coach consideration I would feel sorry for that team, that hired him.
: December 20, 2010, 12:05:37 AM Kjun85

Snook

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 20, 2010, 12:05:04 AM

Olson is a terrible has always been in my mind a medicre oc.... If he gets Head coach consideration I would feel sorry for that team.

+1

awitron

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 20, 2010, 12:07:05 AM

You guys all of a sudden want this team to be something they arent and go for the TD in that situation. The offense all year has been about limiting mistakes by staying out of those situations, and that is what we did again today. Is it frustrating? Thats for you to decide. Based on what this team has done all year, its how they have gotten by and its what we live by. In a season or two, were going to be faced with that same decision with these same group of players, but with more experience. And thats when you all will get your wish. Until then, this is the teams identity and its been this way all season.

And I'm the one being told to watch more games.
: December 20, 2010, 12:08:40 AM awitron

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#52 : December 20, 2010, 12:48:26 AM

You guys all of a sudden want this team to be something they arent and go for the TD in that situation. The offense all year has been about limiting mistakes by staying out of those situations, and that is what we did again today. Is it frustrating? Thats for you to decide. Based on what this team has done all year, its how they have gotten by and its what we live by. In a season or two, were going to be faced with that same decision with these same group of players, but with more experience. And thats when you all will get your wish. Until then, this is the teams identity and its been this way all season.

And I'm the one being told to watch more games.

Dude, that was fine when you had Gerald McCoy, Cody Grimm, Aqib Talib, Quincy Black.....

But with all the injuries and the way the defense has been playing the last few weeks, you just cannot leave it in the hands of that unit. You have to go with your strongest unit and give those playmakers a chance to win the game.

Seriously, the way this team has been playing - logically....come on!!! Who do you want to win the game for you..... Freeman, Winslow, Williams and Benn,,,,, or Okam, Myron Lewis, Lynch and a gimpy Dakota Watson????

I mean - I cannot believe this is even an argument. The question should be what game are YOU watching????

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 20, 2010, 02:20:45 AM

Rah is lost his damn mind. The defense gave up a potential Game Tying TD but we won luckily, a week prior. And yet his D failed to step up yet again. I really don't know if this dude will learn from his stupid mistakes.

italianbuc23

Rookie

#54 : December 20, 2010, 02:43:36 AM

when you have a chance to score 7 you score 7...you dont come to the press interview and imply yeah we coulda scored and went up 7 but i wanted test the D thats been getting burnt  all day and see if we can win on D...save those tests for preseason not when the playoffs are on the line...just bothered me the way he said it in the interview...yeah just wanted to win it on D today.....like he woke up this morning and said you know what i feel like winning on D today no matter what happends........you win anyway you can.. dont pick which way you wanna win because thats how you feel at the timecome on. go for the TD..thats like saying yeah i let them score and tie the game with 2 minutes left because i wanted to win it on offense...

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#55 : December 20, 2010, 09:09:12 AM

So all offseason Raheem keeps saying "It's all about #5" I think he said this 9,456,789 times during the OTA's, and Pre Season yet, YET, he leaves it up to the subpar defense to close out the game? He coached scared, when he should have put the pressure on Detroit and their suspect QB. Coaching cost the Bucs in this game, for all the great things Raheem has done this season his decision yesterday may've cost the Bucs the playoffs.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I wanted to win it on defense"...thats a bunch of garbage! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools