Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rate our coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 21, 2010, 10:22:23 AM

The highest this D has been ranked all year , against one of the easiest schedules imaginable , is 26th. Not much is changed  from when those three players were playing. They still sucked, last I checked. Truck over a small dog indeed....
They are currently ranked 20th in the NFL on defense and 20th in offense.  Check your facts sherlock.

Dude, go easy on short-bus riders.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 21, 2010, 10:26:58 AM

I think you need to break down the ratings in multiple areas.

As a Head Coach, I rate him at a 7 due to his inexperience which sometimes effects his decision making.

As a DC, I rate him at a 8.5.  He is till learning this job too, but after he took over the defense last year they began to play much better and although they still have problems with stopping the run (especially in the first half of games) they have played well considering their youth in so many positions.

As a Leader, I rate him at a 10.  Some may see this as high, but when you consider that he has kept this team highly motivated all year and has them playing at a level that not many thought they could you have to give him credit for his leadership skills.  It would be hard to show any time this season (and last) where the team didn't stick together and play hard for him.

JMHO

Good Post Watson.  I'd say the same things but drop him to a 7.5 as a coordinator (only because he's still experimenting, which costs us at times) and a 9 as a leader (because he's still got a lot to learn.

Overall - 7.8765675 and a leading candidate for Coach of the Year.

Very fair post

DiSalvo

Starter

#32 : December 21, 2010, 01:20:18 PM

I hate the fact that yesterday's game lowered my score, but I can't get over how idiotic it was to "play like a pu**y" at the end of the game. You have to look no further than last week to see this defense struggles at the end of games trying to hold onto the lead yet he decided to "let the defense win the game?" Yea, that makes sense Morris. I'm glad you decided to put the game on a bad defensive unit rather than on what is possibly your best player, #5.

There were also several games where the defense DID pull thru at the end of the game and win it for them. The Arizona and Cincinnati games come to mind.
Not THIS defense.

A McCoy-less, Talib-less, Grimm-less defense.

You take those guys out, and replace them with backups, and practice squad dudes, and you get the Lions driving all over you like big truck on small dog.

The highest this D has been ranked all year , against one of the easiest schedules imaginable , is 26th. Not much is changed  from when those three players were playing. They still sucked, last I checked. Truck over a small dog indeed....
They are currently ranked 20th in the NFL on defense and 20th in offense.  Check your facts sherlock.

I was talking about the run defense , sherlock. We were talking about getting "run over like a small dog " , not getting passed on, Sherlock.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 12, 2013, 02:33:35 PM

If there's one thing this fan base knows how to do, it's accurately assess a coaching staff.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 12, 2013, 02:35:32 PM

I wouldn't trade Rah for anyone. This is his team and they have good chemistry. They believe in him, so it really doesn't matter if fans do.
lol.  you also said the same about Freeman

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rate our coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools