Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The only way we can win the last two games. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 22, 2010, 05:03:37 PM

Blount should of had 25+ carries and 200+ yards last week.

Yes!

We should have just pounded it and make them stop Blount, they clearly could not.
: December 22, 2010, 05:10:23 PM BucNY

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 22, 2010, 05:05:08 PM

It's acutally really simple... if the Saints have something to play for, the Bucs will lose.

Disagree. I actually think this could end up being a trap game for the Saints. A lot of people already have them written into the playoffs with permanent ink. Hopefully the Saints think so too.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#17 : December 22, 2010, 05:25:17 PM

The only way we can win the last two games is lean on Josh Freeman.  Let him make the plays.  The QB-WR combo is our biggest weapon right now and we have to use it.  The defense is gassed and rashed with injuries, to try to run the ball and 'pound the rock'  won't work.  Let Freeman and his bunch of WR's play ball!
Totally agree. We drafted #5 for games like these, turn him loose.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : December 22, 2010, 05:25:55 PM

It's acutally really simple... if the Saints have something to play for, the Bucs will lose.

Disagree. I actually think this could end up being a trap game for the Saints. A lot of people already have them written into the playoffs with permanent ink. Hopefully the Saints think so too.
Uh what? You think a win or go home game for the Saints would be a trap game?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

RollThatBlount

Rookie

#19 : December 22, 2010, 05:57:27 PM

Honestly, I think this game rests on our offensive gameplan. We really need Olsen to step up and call a good game to keep the Saints on their heels.

RollThatBlount

Rookie

#20 : December 22, 2010, 05:58:30 PM

But, at the same time, I really hope our team doesn't take Seattle for granted. We need a big win to have some confidence going into our final game.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 22, 2010, 06:03:46 PM

Gonna need all O the next two games... Let em loose.. Nothing to lose. Gonna need to score lots of points the next two weeks.. If Olsen and Morris accept that fact and let it go.. we have a shot at both games... If Morris doesnt learn from last week and plans on winning on D we will lilkely lose both games..

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 22, 2010, 07:21:20 PM

Offense is this team's strength, they need to score and score often to have a chance to win out.

Who would of thought we'd ever say that? ha

Hopefully this is the last year we say that!. I'm not knocking the offense, I'm just hoping the defense steps up and we become a force of both sides of the ball!

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 24, 2010, 12:42:58 AM

Offense is this team's strength, they need to score and score often to have a chance to win out.

Who would of thought we'd ever say that? ha

Hopefully this is the last year we say that!. I'm not knocking the offense, I'm just hoping the defense steps up and we become a force of both sides of the ball!

Agreed!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 24, 2010, 02:53:37 AM

Yeah, kind of like last year when we played them in NO.

Oh, wait.

You'd be better off not watching the game if the Saints have something to play for.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 25, 2010, 01:55:05 PM

I disagree.

Tampa (imo) needs to

A) Pound the rock, over and over again. Don't be hesitant because of injuries or 3rd down situations, revel in them. Tampa is 9th in league for Running. Whether or not JF "sets" the run up, it HAS to be done without fear and quickly.

B) Stop allowing defenses to read bland schemes. If caddy is in, it's pass. If Blount is in, it's run.. My 9 year old could figure that out, NFL defenses will read it too. Gotta mix it up more.

C) Take points whenever they can get them! Do NOT settle for a fieldgoal and lean on the defense in close scoring situations. Without McCoy, they will run on Tampa. "They" being anyone.

D) Control the clock as well as manage time/timeouts. Rah has blown a few, but it happens (waiting for halftime clock to close out while nearly in FG range. Might have gotten FG.). But it can't the next 2 games or Tampa is surely out.

E) They will HAVE to rest in on Freeman's on-field decisions. Within the two-minute drill he's damn-near unstoppable. Those calls are made at the line by JF. Why not let him have more, if not, full control? Seems like he would be ready for it, and a logical choice. If this ticks off GO, then so be it. He can "oversee" if he likes.  :P

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 25, 2010, 05:17:10 PM

Need to run the ball in NO to keep Brees off the field. But when the opportunity is there, bombs away for Free. That secondary can be thrown on.

Hope it's a relevant game.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 25, 2010, 06:05:17 PM

Need to run the ball in NO to keep Brees off the field. But when the opportunity is there, bombs away for Free. That secondary can be thrown on.

Hope it's a relevant game.

Hopefully they are thinking Seahawks unlike us. Then the relevance will matter.
: December 25, 2010, 06:13:52 PM Bschucher
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The only way we can win the last two games. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools