Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How big was our loss to Detroit! « previous next »
Page: 1

westcoastbuc

Second String

: December 26, 2010, 07:29:55 PM

Our loss was huge!  A game we needed to win for us to make the playoffs.

WestCoastBuc~

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 26, 2010, 07:31:58 PM

It's history.  Just be thankful we beat the Bengals, Rams, Cardinals, and Redskins.  One slip in each of those, and we're a 5-win team.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 26, 2010, 08:14:44 PM

Still cant believe we lost to Detroit. Pathetic.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 26, 2010, 08:18:04 PM

It's costly, but we didn't need to win if we can take care of business against NO and a couple cards fall the right way for us...

jeanclaud

Starter

#4 : December 26, 2010, 08:19:28 PM

You guys are such jokers. I do however love that the standard has been raised. An offseason to recover + another Dominick draft = a damn dangerous Buc team.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 26, 2010, 09:17:21 PM

No bigger than the other 5 losses. They all count the same.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 26, 2010, 10:08:04 PM

A tough loss, but.... this just in... Detroit is a team on the rise, IMO. They beat the Dolphins in Miami today, after Miami had beaten the Jets in New York the week before... We were oh so close to beating the Falcons and the Ravens too...

GoBucsYo

Second String

#7 : December 26, 2010, 10:10:52 PM

Detroit was one of two teams the Bucs played all year who had a losing record but weren't at their weakest the week the Bucs played them other than the Rams.   The Bucs squeeked out the win against the Rams and lost to the Lions.   Not a bad bit of luck if you ask me.   

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 26, 2010, 10:17:23 PM

A tough loss, but.... this just in... Detroit is a team on the rise, IMO. They beat the Dolphins in Miami today, after Miami had beaten the Jets in New York the week before... We were oh so close to beating the Falcons and the Ravens too...

Detroit has been rebuilding since 1957. They've had many promising rosters over the past 5 decades but none ever panned out.

I'll believe that they are good when they win a playoff game which they've only done twice since 1955.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 26, 2010, 10:20:24 PM

Its perceived as worse because of their road loss history...if that had come after they won in Miami I don't think we'd be taking it so hard.

That said...it did suck losing to flippin Detroit.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 26, 2010, 10:23:35 PM

Detroit has been rebuilding since 1957. They've had many promising rosters over the past 5 decades but none ever panned out.

I'll believe that they are good when they win a playoff game which they've only done twice since 1955.

Must be killing you to see such a bright future with these young players and coach.

GoBucsYo

Second String

#11 : December 26, 2010, 10:26:56 PM

Its perceived as worse because of their road loss history

That's true.   For whatever reason, those teams with records like that really struggle to get  the monkey off their back.  Once it's off, they win on the road (or whatever their streak was) again with frequency.  Kind of like the Bucs and their lack of a kickoff return for a TD streak.  Once they got one, they got others.   The Lions beating the Bucs on the road was a bigger deal than I thought before.   You are right.   That loss was one for the ages.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 26, 2010, 10:28:10 PM

Must be killing you to see such a bright future with these young players and coach.

If it wasnt for a cupcake schedule against the pathetic NFC West then it might not look as bright.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How big was our loss to Detroit! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools