Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Next year we wil be loaded! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Tom Voodoo

Rookie

#15 : January 01, 2011, 10:33:34 PM

You'd hope so.  We need an outside pass rusher and a playmaker and LB.  Don't particularly care which LB we'd replace any combination of the two that remain would look much better with at least one solid playmaker.

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way related to the former poster Java, I carried this name over from the TBBB and don\\\'t want to change it as I use it in almost every online setting.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 01, 2011, 10:36:34 PM

You'd hope so.  We need an outside pass rusher and a playmaker and LB.  Don't particularly care which LB we'd replace any combination of the two that remain would look much better with at least one solid playmaker.

Very true! Don't forget the o-line! lol

Tom Voodoo

Rookie

#17 : January 01, 2011, 10:52:44 PM

True, and there are some very solid prospects on the offensive line, one of those road graders from Wisconsin could be very nice, or O'Dowd from USC.  I think free agency will be very important for the Bucs this year, maybe they can snag a potential playmaker like Kiwi, but see this front office's track record, I have faith that someone I've never heard of will come in and put up double digit sacks next year.  For some reason I just truly believe that.

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way related to the former poster Java, I carried this name over from the TBBB and don\\\'t want to change it as I use it in almost every online setting.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 01, 2011, 11:11:33 PM

Center is a concern - Faine can't stay healthy and Zuttah can't snap the ball in shotgun (isn't a great blocker either imo)
Guard - if Joseph isn't re-signed - Larsen isn't the guy I don't believe, Hardeman has potential. 
Tackle - actually might be solid with Penn, Lee, and Dotson...

DE is the crying need - for a pass rusher
LB - every member of this group has some warts if you will.  Perhaps McKenzie is the medicine this group needs - if not McKenzie then a MLB is still needed.

The gap of position needs has narrowed - now to see if between the draft and FA the bucs can fill it, and of course there is the question as to whether or not there will be a season.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 01, 2011, 11:17:00 PM

Center is a concern - Faine can't stay healthy and Zuttah can't snap the ball in shotgun (isn't a great blocker either imo)
Guard - if Joseph isn't re-signed - Larsen isn't the guy I don't believe, Hardeman has potential. 

LB - every member of this group has some warts if you will.  Perhaps McKenzie is the medicine this group needs - if not McKenzie then a MLB is still needed.

The gap of position needs has narrowed - now to see if between the draft and FA the bucs can fill it, and of course there is the question as to whether or not there will be a season.

This sums it up

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2011, 12:31:18 AM

The team is a few important pieces away in my opinion to being a very strong team. It wont be long until we beat the good teams. Consider this season a step in the right direction. Next offseason they just need to build on that and the year after as well. At that point the team should be ready to be at least division contenders.

westcoastbuc

Second String

#21 : January 02, 2011, 08:47:44 AM

funny thing is, the way we have just plugged in "the Next Guy" on the depth chart, and it has worked, I'd say we don't need much in FA.  We need to re-sign Joseph I think, but with next years schedule (which I don't see as being that hard) we have a lot to look forward too.

WestCoastBuc~

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 02, 2011, 08:52:28 AM

The insertion of the 'next guy' works on teams ranked 9-32, if you're facing the teams that you need to beat to be considered in the 'elite' group you sure want to keep the 'next guy' use to a minimum.  JMVHO.

Right now for the bucs to step into the top 8 in the league the line play has to improve - both offensive and defensive - just my view.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DiSalvo

Starter

#23 : January 02, 2011, 08:53:41 AM

The offensive line really hasn't been that bad down the stretch . We are running the ball , and Freeman is getting blitzed constantly but is alive after every game. Let these guys keep playing together as a unit and they would be good enough to win games with ,  I believe.  Address the defensive needs 1st.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 02, 2011, 09:15:51 AM

The Dline does have the more immediate need - no doubt.  My point was more directed towards becoming one of the elite teams - and that will require being able to run and pass block effectively to allow Freeman to run the offense - and not have to rely so much on his individual talent and 'stay alive. 

In the same breath - the bucs front 7 need to be able to stop the run and pressure passers.  Three and outs to allow an O that is effective against the better defenses ... well that is the dream.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 02, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

There's no reason to re-sign Davin. You can't see any difference with or without him. Replace yes, resign no. I'm not sure how good Lee is either. He's no worse than Trueflag but then again that's not aiming very high now is it? The whole line could be replaced and I'd never shed a tear over that "strength" of the team going away. While it is exciting to see Freeman escaping god knows how many sacks a game it'd be even better to see him sitting comfortably in the pocket.

DE is a higher priority but linemen should be in vogue across the board.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 02, 2011, 09:36:06 AM

This year was amazing and promising, but to expect next year to be a huge improvement over this one is a mistake in my eyes. Going into a season expecting 12 wins is just setting yourself up for a let down. We are likely going to have rookies at some key spots on offense and defense, and a few of our 2nd year guys could find themselves in the sophomore slump. There will be a learning curve for those guys. I just think sticking with the race to 10 is a smart expectation for next year....and every year really. If you are the first team in your division to get to 10 wins, you are going to the playoffs 99% of the time. That needs to be the goal every year.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Next year we wil be loaded! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools