Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Evans better than Sammy Watkins... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#15 : April 11, 2014, 10:57:38 PM

Evans on the out side, Vjax in the slot

Vincent actually lined up quite a bit in the slot last season.  And Evans is not exactly Usain Bolt.  And either is Vincent.  So adding a speed guy would be a great fit.   IMO
Yeah VJ would do even better this year in the slot if we were to add Evans. A speed guy can be had with our 3rd. I hope we get John Brown or Martavis Bryant. I also like Jarvis Landry. Landry is slower but dude is an awesome player.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 12, 2014, 07:46:51 AM

I think Evans would be a better fit for the Rams than Sammy. They could use a big body #1 to go with their speedy little guys like Tavon.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

seanbassak

Starter

#17 : April 12, 2014, 10:45:47 AM

I'll take either, please and thank you.

\\\\\\\"Not living, just killing time\\\\\\\"

atlbuc

Second String

#18 : Today at 09:44:57 AM

If you look at the NFL's Top Receivers, the list would look like something below:
Calvin Johnson
A.J. Green
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Brandon Marshall
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones
Josh Gordon
Demaryius Thomas

All of these are receivers that Def. Coordinators have to game-plan for, and they have some size/strength characteristics in common.

In general, they're 6'3" or taller
If not, they have really long arms ...somewhere in the 34-inch range (Dez Bryant/Andre Johnson are about 6'2" with long arms)
additionally, they have really good vertical jumps...some 38 - inches range
and they're really physical in the contested catches

The receiver who really fits the mold of top receiver using these measurables is ....Mike Evans. Sammy Watkins will really be breaking the mold of the prototype "Top Receiver" if he's successful in the NFL. Because of this, I feel there's a good chance that Evans may be picked higher than Watkins....he just fits the mold better than Watkins.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : Today at 10:11:29 AM

It will be interesting to see it play out. How does Evans' speed compare to the guys in that list?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : Today at 10:13:48 AM

It will be interesting to see it play out. How does Evans' speed compare to the guys in that list?

Evans is essentially the same exact speed as Marshall.

Good speed to be for a guy his size , not freakish like Megatron , and not slow either like Larry Fitz.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#21 : Today at 10:14:17 AM

Evans is essentially the same exact speed as Marshall.

Good speed to be for a guy his size , not freakish like Megatron , and not slow either like Larry Fitz.

Thanks

10lbbass

Starter

#22 : Today at 10:59:15 AM

You can't go wrong with Evans.  He's managed to make JFF look solid for the past two seasons.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Evans better than Sammy Watkins... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools