Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not a fan of Bloomberg, but this is the correct approach « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#105 : Yesterday at 05:35:20 AM

4. An overreaching lobby that is partially responsible for 1-3 above. (As I have been posting for months, legislation is almost always overreaction, but the refusal to agree to any restrictions makes complaining pointless)

Btw, if I am a race car driver with a spotless driving record, I am still subject to driving restrictions, right?
: Yesterday at 06:21:11 AM VinBucFan

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#106 : Yesterday at 10:42:42 AM

We will just have to agree to disagree. As I said earlier, I believe there should be universal background checks and that loopholes should be closed in regards to private sellers and gun shows. An assault rifle ban, magazine restrictions, confiscation, etc. is not the answer. And it simply punishes the law abiding citizens. Vin, do you even own any firearms? Have you ever fired one?

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#107 : Yesterday at 10:50:17 AM

4. An overreaching lobby that is partially responsible for 1-3 above. (As I have been posting for months, legislation is almost always overreaction, but the refusal to agree to any restrictions makes complaining pointless)

Btw, if I am a race car driver with a spotless driving record, I am still subject to driving restrictions, right?

That's ridiculous. And I agree that legislation can be an overreaction, but both sides are guilty in not being able to compromise. But, I guess because "my side" won't agree to certain bans or restrictions, complaining is pointless.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#108 : Yesterday at 05:56:38 PM

We will just have to agree to disagree. As I said earlier, I believe there should be universal background checks and that loopholes should be closed in regards to private sellers and gun shows. An assault rifle ban, magazine restrictions, confiscation, etc. is not the answer. And it simply punishes the law abiding citizens. Vin, do you even own any firearms? Have you ever fired one?

I do. I actually grew up shooting competition pistols (because of an Uncle on the Marine Corp pistol team) and shooting various rifles. I am fine with agreeing to disagree.

"Law abiding citizens" have to deal with evolving laws and will no doubt be "victims" of casting their lots with a gun maker lobby.

Thanks for the convo.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#109 : Yesterday at 06:04:02 PM

That's ridiculous. And I agree that legislation can be an overreaction, but both sides are guilty in not being able to compromise. But, I guess because "my side" won't agree to certain bans or restrictions, complaining is pointless.

How many gun owners in the US?
300 million guns
That is gross overreaching for profits at a cost of 30,000 lives a year (roughly)

But just ignore that math and think about this: after Columbine, Wayne said he was for background checks at gun shows. After Sandy Hook, he said he was not. What changed? Nothing in the logic of universal background checks, that's for sure.

Only "gun logic" says you can contain cows in a square field with a three-sided fence. What difference does it make that I have to submit to a background check at WalMart when I can just buy the gun online or from a private seller or by waking across the street from a gun show? It's profits and not the 2nd Am that leads to that absurd "logic"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#110 : Yesterday at 07:19:12 PM

Bloomberg is a modern day Nazi . My honest opinion ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#111 : Yesterday at 08:22:26 PM

I am not a fan even if I agree with him on this issue

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#112 : Yesterday at 09:09:53 PM

Hard to believe his goals now, having listened to his prior goals which surely seemed my more drastic. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#113 : Yesterday at 10:58:43 PM

Hard to believe his goals now, having listened to his prior goals which surely seemed my more drastic.

Fearmonger.....er

;)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#114 : Yesterday at 11:40:50 PM

I'd bet Durango wouldn't even look at that as an insult...I mean, we all know that the Holocaust never happened, right?

http://expeltheparasite.com/2013/10/28/the-holocaust-hoax-it-never-happened/

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not a fan of Bloomberg, but this is the correct approach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools