Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin - Part II? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 29 30 31

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #450 : Today at 06:36:49 AM »

There are plenty of facts to suggest that he used unnecessary force. We have unarmed for one. We have walking away from the conflict for 2. We have not a threat to the community for three. The guy firing, and missing, a target on an urban street is a bigger threat to the civilian population.
but it wasn't known he was unarmed, was it?  Walking away from conflict is great for a civilian problem, but inexcusable from a law conflict.  Didn't this guy allegedly rob a store?  That's certainly a threat to the community.

As for firing a weapon, that sounds like more of the gun discussion thread.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #451 : Today at 06:40:29 AM »

There are plenty of facts to suggest that he used unnecessary force. We have unarmed for one. We have walking away from the conflict for 2. We have not a threat to the community for three. The guy firing, and missing, a target on an urban street is a bigger threat to the civilian population.
but it wasn't known he was unarmed, was it?  Walking away from conflict is great for a civilian problem, but inexcusable from a law conflict.  Didn't this guy allegedly rob a store?  That's certainly a threat to the community.

As for firing a weapon, that sounds like more of the gun discussion thread.

A guy who tries to kill a cop with the cops gun = threat to community
The allegation is that he rushed the cop, not that he walked away

In short, Dal's "plenty" of facts ...well, not so much

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

« #452 : Today at 08:14:30 AM »

Got to hand it to Shawn731 he's getting crap thrown at him from all directions and remains cool as a cucumber.

I'm sorry, and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but are you really praising a man for keeping his cool while engaged in a polite give and take on an anonymous football message board while nestled safely in a comfy chair, with all the time in the world to choose his words? Meanwhile he is questioning a man who has had his head caved in by a not-so gentle giant as he wrestled for his gun in a life or death struggle, only to collect himself and still try to detain two criminals- then forced to make a split second decision to protect his life or take another when the same  same violent man (larger than Ian Beckles) charges him?

You may have a future writing for Hallmark but I doubt this message board is for you. However, let me offer you some thoughts on your concerns.

1. You don't have to remain anonymous, by all means I encourage you to reveal your identity. No one is stopping you. In fact you knew this forum is made up  entirely of anonymous posters and yet you decided to join anyway. Too late to complain about it now. But you're welcome to post whatever personal information about yourself you wish.

2. Don't read his posts, just skip over them. You seem distressed by his opinions. That might happen on message boards. Of course you knew this too when you joined but you suddenly seem effected by it, you've obviously formed an emotional attachment to your own point of view. That's never a good approach.

3. Don't assume facts. When the trial starts, the facts will be determined by a jury. Not through a guy that watches TV and posts anonymously on a message board.

4. If I decide to make a post about a guy that seems to keep his cool regardless if I think he's wrong or right, then I will. But, don't try and solicit deference or attempt to conscript me with bogus martyrdom. it has no bearing on the facts of this case and it has no bearing on me and with no disrespect intended it kind of makes you look foolish.

...okay, so yes you are, got it. 

By the way, that was a lot of words to say nothing of any substance or relevance.  I felt like I was reading a post from an adult on Charlie Brown.  Just a courteous tip, keep it short and sweet- you know like a Hallmark card...

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #453 : Today at 08:17:21 AM »

Got to hand it to Shawn731 he's getting crap thrown at him from all directions and remains cool as a cucumber.

I'm sorry, and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but are you really praising a man for keeping his cool while engaged in a polite give and take on an anonymous football message board while nestled safely in a comfy chair, with all the time in the world to choose his words? Meanwhile he is questioning a man who has had his head caved in by a not-so gentle giant as he wrestled for his gun in a life or death struggle, only to collect himself and still try to detain two criminals- then forced to make a split second decision to protect his life or take another when the same  same violent man (larger than Ian Beckles) charges him?

You may have a future writing for Hallmark but I doubt this message board is for you. However, let me offer you some thoughts on your concerns.

1. You don't have to remain anonymous, by all means I encourage you to reveal your identity. No one is stopping you. In fact you knew this forum is made up  entirely of anonymous posters and yet you decided to join anyway. Too late to complain about it now. But you're welcome to post whatever personal information about yourself you wish.

2. Don't read his posts, just skip over them. You seem distressed by his opinions. That might happen on message boards. Of course you knew this too when you joined but you suddenly seem effected by it, you've obviously formed an emotional attachment to your own point of view. That's never a good approach.

3. Don't assume facts. When the trial starts, the facts will be determined by a jury. Not through a guy that watches TV and posts anonymously on a message board.

4. If I decide to make a post about a guy that seems to keep his cool regardless if I think he's wrong or right, then I will. But, don't try and solicit deference or attempt to conscript me with bogus martyrdom. it has no bearing on the facts of this case and it has no bearing on me and with no disrespect intended it kind of makes you look foolish.

By the way, that was a lot of words to say nothing of any substance or relevance.  I felt like I was reading a post from an adult on Charlie Brown.  Just a courteous tip, keep it short and sweet- you know like a Hallmark card...

Lol

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #454 : Today at 12:26:26 PM »

Now here you and all the moron patrol will come back with "you shoot 'til the target is down" line of crap .

You're right. Shoot one time. If you hit your target (the person who just broke your face and tried to take your gun) and they continue your way in an aggressive manner, hand them your gun and immediately apologize. Give that person your wallet for compensation.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #455 : Today at 01:51:57 PM »

Now here you and all the moron patrol will come back with "you shoot 'til the target is down" line of crap .

You're right. Shoot one time. If you hit your target (the person who just broke your face and tried to take your gun) and they continue your way in an aggressive manner, hand them your gun and immediately apologize. Give that person your wallet for compensation.

If you go back and look at the full comment from Dal, you'll see that he never explains or offers an argument WHY he thinks its wrong for the "moron patrol" to believe that "you shoot 'til the target is down."  Instead, he just goes on to regurgitate an argument you can find online over and over again comparing the rate US cops use firearms, kill etc. to countries like Japan and the UK . .  . WHERE GUNS ARE BANNED. In the case of the Japan comparison, that means that when Dal pauses to think after calling  other people the "moron patrol" he uses his incredible brain power to  come up with the genius conclusion that cops are poorly trained in the US because cops in the US (where there are 310,000,000 guns in private hands) use their guns more than the cops in Japan (where there are essentially ZERO guns in the public hands) . . . . wow, that is shocking

???

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #456 : Today at 02:12:37 PM »

I don't know what you're complaining about. You quoted my original "short and sweet" version yourself. (Look above) Then asked for clarification, which I gave you. After you read that,  you stated you understood. 

But then complained it is was too long.  ::)

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #457 : Today at 02:15:18 PM »

CNN Source: Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson ‘Unequivocally’ Did Not Suffer Eye Socket Fracture

CNN on Thursday, citing an anonymous source close to the investigation, reported that Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson did not suffer a fractured eye socket prior to fatally shooting 18-year-old Michael Brown earlier this month. The report directly contradicts a recent Fox News story, which also cites an anonymous source “close to the [police] department’s top brass.”

CNN anchor Don Lemon reported on Thursday that Wilson did go to the hospital with swelling around his face and eyes, but an X-ray came back negative for a fracture to his orbital bone.
“That source says it is not true, at all, he did not have a torn eye socket,” Lemon said. “Unequivocally.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/21/cnn-source-ferguson-officer-darren-wilson-unequivocally-did-not-suffer-eye-socket-fracture/

Page: 1 ... 29 30 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin - Part II? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools