Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 2

westcoastbuc

Second String

: January 07, 2011, 08:37:00 AM

.Is he signed through next year?  I think he is a real good backup QB, someone who have learned from both Freeman, and Raheem.  I hope we keep him.

WestCoastBuc~

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 07, 2011, 09:07:42 AM

Josh Johnson Quarterback 7/25/2008: Signed a four-year contract. 2009: $426,833, 2010: $511,833, 2011: $596,833, 2012: Free Agent

What's really interesting though...

Harbaugh loves Josh Johnson from his SDSU days...

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some smoke around Dominik  trading Johnson to whatever team Harbaugh signs with...

Don't get me wrong, I love JJ in his role now, but we can find another backup for the right price and I think he deserves a shot as a starter - somewhere.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 07, 2011, 09:10:15 AM

Gruden is also a potential trade partner for JJ. Although I would rather keep him on the team, odds are he walks next year anyways looking for a starting gig.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

westcoastbuc

Second String

#3 : January 07, 2011, 09:12:16 AM

but he is signed through next year, which is good.

WestCoastBuc~

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 07, 2011, 09:21:03 AM

but he is signed through next year, which is good.
trade bait
Good as in we have a decent backup your right, but this off season is the only one he is trade bait.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#5 : January 07, 2011, 09:43:18 AM

Does anyone think its a stretch to package Johnson, Quincy Black, maybe cadillac or/an WR for the 49er's first round pick? With the 7th pick we land our guy, Robert Quinn. With the 20th pick, now we could go a number of ways, Janoris Jenkins, Derrick Sherrod, maybe Von miller slips a little, or maybe even another DE

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : January 07, 2011, 09:46:07 AM

I actually liked the way the Bucs used Caddy in the second half of the season once Blount started to get a lot of carries. He's outstanding as a blocker and receiver - especially in 3rd down situations. I hope the Buc keep him - good work ethic and team player IMO.

JJ is expendable. Rudy Carpenter isn't a bad backup. Just hope Freeman stays healthy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 07, 2011, 09:47:30 AM

Does anyone think its a stretch to package Johnson, Quincy Black, maybe cadillac or/an WR for the 49er's first round pick? With the 7th pick we land our guy, Robert Quinn. With the 20th pick, now we could go a number of ways, Janoris Jenkins, Derrick Sherrod, maybe Von miller slips a little, or maybe even another DE

That wouldn't even fly on Madden. Everyone likes JJ and he is a decent back up. He got a few reps this year and show some confidence throwing the ball.

The harbaugh thing is an interesting angle. I really do wonder if Harbaugh would have enough confidence in JJ to pull a R. Morris and hitch his wagon to JJ?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

champkind

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 07, 2011, 09:49:36 AM

Does anyone think its a stretch to package Johnson, Quincy Black, maybe cadillac or/an WR for the 49er's first round pick?

Seriously? I am not sure "stretch" is quite the word...

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 07, 2011, 11:11:00 AM

Good backups are hard to find, I hope we keep him.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : January 07, 2011, 11:20:40 AM

Good backups are hard to find, I hope we keep him.

Guess you're right. Morris has dubbed Johnson as our career backup - so probably won't see him being traded for draft choices.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 07, 2011, 11:29:49 AM

Normally you don't pay a backup QB what JJ might be able to demand from a QB desperate team. On the other hand, and no one has mentioned this part yet, the Bucs do need to get to that salary cap floor, here is a good place to put that money.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 07, 2011, 11:41:47 AM

Normally you don't pay a backup QB what JJ might be able to demand from a QB desperate team. On the other hand, and no one has mentioned this part yet, the Bucs do need to get to that salary cap floor, here is a good place to put that money.

I like the way you think. I believe the Bucs can compete and win if they had to rely on JJ. Not so much if they had to go with Carpenter.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 07, 2011, 11:59:10 AM

A lot of it has to do with whats in JJ's head.  It would be good if he was totally happy being Freemans backup forever.  But usually pro athletes are not wired that way.  He may fancy himself being a starting QB in the league, and he is just waiting for his chance to get out of here.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#14 : January 07, 2011, 12:10:14 PM

I may be overvaluing, but I think he is worth a 2nd at worst.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools