Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Adam Schefter says about the Bucs. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

westcoastbuc

Second String

: January 08, 2011, 08:41:00 AM

7. Bright future: Perhaps no team is better positioned for the future than Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers boast the league's best rookie wide receiver, the league's best rookie running back and one of the game's best young quarterbacks. Mike Williams had 11 touchdown receptions, more than any rookie receiver except Randy Moss, who had a league-record 17 in 1998. Running back LeGarrette Blount ran for 1,007 yards despite being deactivated the first two games of the season and three of the first five. Quarterback Josh Freeman beat playoff teams New Orleans and Seattle in the season's final two weeks while completing 42 of 52 passes for 492 yards, seven touchdowns, no interceptions and a passer rating of 145.7. Here, though, might be the most jaw-dropping numbers: Williams is 23 years old, Blount is 24 and Freeman doesn't turn 23 until next week. In one year, Tampa Bay has built a team that can last for a decade.

I just hope the CBA gets done.....PLEASE!

WestCoastBuc~

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2011, 08:48:19 AM

"Tampa Bay has built a team that can last for a decade."

As opposed to our old teams that could only last 12 games.

westcoastbuc

Second String

#2 : January 08, 2011, 08:53:47 AM

Funny thing most people don't realize is even though Williams and Blount are very young, Freeman is younger than both of them.

WestCoastBuc~

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 08, 2011, 08:59:18 AM

Quote from: Adam Schefter
In one year, Tampa Bay has built a team that can last for a decade.

Stop drinking the kool-aid, Adam.  That can't be true because the Bucs haven't overpaid for other team's trash in FA.  Only when the cheap, disrespectful owners get on board is when this team can build a contender.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : January 08, 2011, 09:03:31 AM

Quote from: Adam Schefter
In one year, Tampa Bay has built a team that can last for a decade.

Stop drinking the kool-aid, Adam.  That can't be true because the Bucs haven't overpaid for other team's trash in FA.  Only when the cheap, disrespectful owners get on board is when this team can build a contender.
We also need to hire an old white re-tread coach.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 08, 2011, 09:07:58 AM

It's nice to believe that will be the case, but again, you need some luck for that to happen. Who's gonna get the serious injuries? Who will hold up for a decade? A whole league passed on Tom Brady several times. Teams missed on Brett Favre. Johnny Unitas got cut. Joe Montana lasted until the third round.
'The Bucs had their top three picks all wind up on IR. So this group could last awhile, but understand that under the last regime they whiffed on many FAs, whiffed on a lot of draft picks, but hit on some that simply didn't last.
You have to hit on the talent, but maybe even more significantly hit on the durability.

In Verner We Trust

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 08, 2011, 09:20:17 AM

You have to hit on the talent, but maybe even more significantly hit on the durability.
Exactly

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 08, 2011, 09:22:00 AM

There really are some angry people on these forums.  :P :P :P

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

watson

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 08, 2011, 09:26:18 AM

It's nice to believe that will be the case, but again, you need some luck for that to happen. Who's gonna get the serious injuries? Who will hold up for a decade? A whole league passed on Tom Brady several times. Teams missed on Brett Favre. Johnny Unitas got cut. Joe Montana lasted until the third round.
'The Bucs had their top three picks all wind up on IR. So this group could last awhile, but understand that under the last regime they whiffed on many FAs, whiffed on a lot of draft picks, but hit on some that simply didn't last.
I really like what the Bucs are doing, but it is WAY TOO EARLY to start labeling them as the next super star team that will be around for 10 or more years.  An ACL, torn patellar, etc can change the prognosis in an instant.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 08, 2011, 09:27:34 AM

Convenient memories - or perhaps selective memories Sepe.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2011, 10:33:11 AM

is any one team remotely the same from 10 years ago? no....I'd say that there may only be 3 people at most who've stayed together over the last 10 years, and i couldn't even name them right now

This team will be completely different in 3 years....just like the team from 3 years ago is completely different than now

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 08, 2011, 11:37:03 AM

is any one team remotely the same from 10 years ago? no....I'd say that there may only be 3 people at most who've stayed together over the last 10 years, and i couldn't even name them right now

This team will be completely different in 3 years....just like the team from 3 years ago is completely different than now

The point Schefter is making is that if you have a trio of elite players at the skill positions, you have the framework to be a contender for a decade. Just look at Indy (Manning, Harrison, James) or Dallas (Aikman, Irvin, Smith) for prime examples.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 08, 2011, 12:04:34 PM

The 70's Steelers are the model: Ham, Lambert, Blount, Greene, Greenwood, Bradshaw, Harris, Stallworth, Swann. If we can keep eight or nine guys together for seven or eight years, the results will speak for themselves.

In Verner We Trust

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 08, 2011, 12:04:54 PM

I believe, in this case, you will be proven wrong, at least in one key aspect. Freeman, Blount, and Mike Williams, will be here. I would include Briscoe and Benn, as well. The Defense will have McCoy, Price, Grimm, Talib, and (of course) Barber, Obviously there will be changes made to the roster every year, but the key guys will stay as long as the team still wants them. That's the difference, It's still a business, but these guys want to play for Raheem. He has created an environment that supersedes the money. They know that performance trumps draft status, and every man has an equal opportunity to play in the games. PS players don't get that chance on most other teams. They are coached up in emergency situations. The Bucs prepare every man to be ready to start. Nobody is left out. The only thing that counts here is performance. They don't want to be the weak link, because they know weak links don't last on this roster.

Raheem can relate to anyone. The players love and respect him. They will do whatever is within their power to stay on his team. The core of this team will still be here in 2020.

This team is special. A team this young is not supposed to win 10 games and set franchise records.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 08, 2011, 12:10:54 PM

The point Schefter is making is that if you have a trio of elite players at the skill positions, you have the framework to be a contender for a decade. Just look at Indy (Manning, Harrison, James) or Dallas (Aikman, Irvin, Smith) for prime examples.

Do not try to spin a positive outlook on this team going forward. There are far to many here  that like to shoot holes in that idea. I firmly believe the Bucs have the "triplets" and then some on this team for offense. Im flat out thrilled for things to come the next several years... if anyone isnt... they are blind or just plain miserable.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Adam Schefter says about the Bucs. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools