Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Adam Schefter says about the Bucs. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 08, 2011, 12:12:17 PM

Funny thing most people don't realize is even though Williams and Blount are very young, Freeman is younger than both of them.

Also with the leadership and fire Freeman shows you would never think he was the youngest. Him yelling at Zuttah comes to mind, but I think Zuttah should grow up with his reaction to the qb getting his point across.

BuccaNova

Starter
#16 : January 08, 2011, 12:16:03 PM

That's the difference, It's still a business, but these guys want to play for Raheem. He has created an environment that supersedes the money. They know that performance trumps draft status, and every man has an equal opportunity to play in the games. PS players don't get that chance on most other teams. They are coached up in emergency situations. The Bucs prepare every man to be ready to start. Nobody is left out. The only thing that counts here is performance. They don't want to be the weak link, because they know weak links don't last on this roster.

I know comparing Rah to Belichick is premature and wrong in a lot of ways, accomplishments, experience, and style among them.  But I hope that I'm seeing what you've hit on here, which is an atmosphere of team, like what they have in New England. Definitely the next man up mentality. A place where your superstar will restructure his contract in order to free up resources for the team, if that's what it takes cause it's the rings that matter. If living in DC has taught me nothing else, it's that it's fine to have great players --you can take money and fill your team with great players, they aren't hard to find if you have cash-- but they are the kind of players that run to cash. A TEAM is better than 11 great players on the field at once. It's early, and maybe I'll be the crow-eater next year, but it feels like I'm seeing this here, and I'm hopin'....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 08, 2011, 12:31:07 PM

What a difference a season makes.

I agree with AS. We have the makings of a very good team for a long time. Can injuries happen? Of course. But why focus on that possibility? Waste of energy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 08, 2011, 12:40:43 PM

Sure there will be players that come and go, but to have success, its all about the core... more importantly, the QB. Luckily for us, we have the best young qb in the game and I'm ecstatic about there this team sits right now.

Gruden was right, "you ain't seen nuthin yet, Tampa!!"

-------------------------------------------------------

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 08, 2011, 01:07:01 PM

Our foundation is set we just have to build around it now. Really excited about the future of this team.

donny77

Starter
#20 : January 08, 2011, 01:09:26 PM

To be honest I wasn't going to vote for Williams for ROTY.  Thought Bradford deserved it for turning around the Rams so fast.  But, only Randy Moss scored more TDs his rookie year.  Mike's got my vote.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 08, 2011, 01:13:08 PM

This isn't about objectivity. It's about taking it for one of our own. Look at the power rankings, the Pro Bowl. We need to take it because no one's giving it to us.

In Verner We Trust

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 08, 2011, 01:44:39 PM

We have an elite (or near elite) core players on offense and defense.

This is not something the Bucs have ever had...   

Add some more talent in this draft (and hope they key in and produce like this years youngin's did) and this is going to be a contending team
for the next 5-7 years.

The bandwagon will be absolutely full,  the talking heads will blah blah blah all season long and those here who have stuck through thick and thin (again) will be
rewarded (are being rewarded) with an exciting, competitive team.

I said it before on several occasions - it's a good time to be a Buc fan.
: January 08, 2011, 01:48:56 PM blind melon

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 08, 2011, 01:49:42 PM

Bradford's accomplishments are quantitative, MW's are qualitative.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Adam Schefter says about the Bucs. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools