Boards > College Football Board

BCS Conferences

(1/15) > >>

Biggs3535:
Here are the last 8 years of bowl games and the performances of the BCS conferences:

Conference     10/11          TOTAL       Winning %             Championships

SEC                      5-5              41-24            63%       6-LSU (split), FLA, LSU, FLA, ALA, AUB (5 in a row)
Big East                4-2              26-16            62%
PAC 10                  2-2             26-18            59%              2-USC (one split)
Big 12                    3-5             30-32            48%                      1-Texas
ACC                       4-5             30-32            48%
Big 10                    3-5              22-36            38%

Do people really still buy the "perception" b/s about the SEC, after 5 National Championships in a row?

bradentonian:
I still don't understand that crap about a "split" championship for USC.  They are in the BCS system and didn't win the BCS championship game.  How can they have a championship?

TBayXXXVII:
Funny how the SEC is only 1 game better than the Big East for the best winning pct, yet people still think the Big East doesn't deserve a BCS bid.

TBayXXXVII:

--- Quote from: Biggs3535 on January 11, 2011, 12:54:01 PM ---Here are the last 8 years of bowl games and the performances of the BCS conferences:

Conference     10/11          TOTAL       Winning %             Championships

SEC                      5-5              41-24            63%       6-LSU (split), FLA, LSU, FLA, ALA, AUB (5 in a row)
Big East                4-2              26-16            62%
PAC 10                  2-2             26-18            59%              2-USC (one split)
Big 12                    3-5             30-32            48%                      1-Texas
ACC                       4-5             30-32            48%
Big 10                    3-5              22-36            38%

Do people really still buy the "perception" b/s about the SEC, after 5 National Championships in a row?

--- End quote ---

It's about jealousy.  The SEC is like the Yankees.  They have the biggest player payroll so the other guys Big 10 (Red Sox), Big 12 (Mets), whine and complain.

bradentonian:

--- Quote from: TBayXXXVII on January 11, 2011, 01:08:15 PM ---Funny how the SEC is only 1 game better than the Big East for the best winning pct, yet people still think the Big East doesn't deserve a BCS bid.

--- End quote ---

They certainly didn't this year.  AQ is a stupid system.

afitzgerald66:

--- Quote from: bradentonian on January 11, 2011, 01:18:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: TBayXXXVII on January 11, 2011, 01:08:15 PM ---Funny how the SEC is only 1 game better than the Big East for the best winning pct, yet people still think the Big East doesn't deserve a BCS bid.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
They're just the Seahawks of college football this year.  Too bad they couldn't have won like them, too.

TBayXXXVII:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

This year isn't the first time it's been raised.  People have been saying this ever since Miami, BC, and VA Tech left.

afitzgerald66:

--- Quote from: TBayXXXVII on January 11, 2011, 01:58:53 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

This year isn't the first time it's been raised.  People have been saying this ever since Miami, BC, and VA Tech left.

--- End quote ---

Am I the only one who has seen the ACC's BCS game record?  2-11 or something like that?  The BE is batting .500, I think.  I see 6-6 but dunno if it's counting UCONN.

Biggs3535:

--- End quote ---

When you break down the Big East, it isn't quite as impressive as the 4-2 looks.

BE #1 (UConn) lost to Big 12 #1 (Oklahoma) by 28 points
BE #2 (WVU) lost to ACC #4 (NC State) by 16 points
BE #3 (Pitt) beat SEC #10 (Kentucky) by 17 points
BE #4 (Syracuse) beat Big 12 #7 (Kansas State) by 2 points
BE #5 (USF) beat ACC #8 (Clemson) by 5 points
BE #6 (Louisville) beat Conf. USA #5 (S. Miss) by 3 points

I mean it isn't good when you signature victory is the Co-Conference Champion beating the #10 team in the SEC.

Biggs3535:

--- Quote from: bradentonian on January 11, 2011, 01:02:59 PM ---I still don't understand that crap about a "split" championship for USC.  They are in the BCS system and didn't win the BCS championship game.  How can they have a championship?

--- End quote ---

They were the AP champs, but I suppose you are right for the sake of this thread.  LSU was the BCS champs that year.

I would edit it if this board didn't suck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version