Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#75 : January 07, 2013, 02:55:47 PM

oh wow, my bad.  didnt realize you really believed a team who lost to syracuse and uconn should be a top 5 team.  thought you were joking.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 07, 2013, 04:01:41 PM

I guess we could start with Louisville should have been ranked higher than Florida and Clemson higher than LSU.

That's absurd logic, and I'm pretty sure you know it.

Or maybe A&M should be ranked above Alabama.

yep so that means louisville>UF>A&M>Bama. by your logic louisville should now be given the national title. also FSU>Clemson>LSU>A&M>Bama apparently

I love it, by this 6 degrees of BCS Bacon logic, we could probably give most teams out there a number 1 ranking.  This is fun!

It will be a great day when a playoff system is finally in place, and arguments like these, in this thread, will become less relevant and things will actually be settled on the field.

i hope you didnt think i was being serious. i was making a joke about how ridiculous Olaf's comment about louiville being ranked ahead of florida was

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#77 : January 07, 2013, 05:39:51 PM

you're comment has nothing to do with my comment ..... and how exactly is it ridiculous to say that a team that dominates a team on a neutral field should be ranked ahead of the team they dominated? 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#78 : January 07, 2013, 05:42:37 PM

oh wow, my bad.  didnt realize you really believed a team who lost to syracuse and uconn should be a top 5 team.  thought you were joking.

who cares who they lost to, they dominated UF on a neutral field.  Either UF was vastly overrated at number 3 or Louisville was vastly underrated at 22.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#79 : January 07, 2013, 05:52:20 PM

who cares who they lost to, they dominated UF on a neutral field.  Either UF was vastly overrated at number 3 or Louisville was vastly underrated at 22.

and maybe fsu was vastly overrated as a #10 when they were dominated at home by UF?  college football is fluid.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#80 : January 07, 2013, 05:57:23 PM

maybe they were, but that is a rivalry game and wasn't UF ranked higher than FSU for most of the season.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#81 : January 07, 2013, 06:42:00 PM

and maybe fsu was vastly overrated as a #10 when they were dominated at home by UF?  college football is fluid.

i dont think we were vastly overrated. 10 was the correct rating with our body of work. i am surprised we didnt fall as far when we got beat but that has more to do with UF being ranked that high.

i think we can agree that UF was a tad bit overrated as was FSU. we can also probably agree that UF beats louisville at least 7 out of 10 times they play and FSU and UF would likely split it 5 of 5

any team can get up for 1 big time game. the Sugar bowl was Louisvilles national title and superbowl all wrapped up in 1 game. UF underestimated them and paid the price. we see upsets like this every single year. hell USF went to south bend and beat notre dame and then failed to make a bowl game. does anyone think USF was a better team than notre dame last year? upsets happen

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#82 : January 07, 2013, 08:11:32 PM

another worthless analogy ..... louisville didn't "upset" florida, they manhandled them and if florida wasn't ready to play then that is on them.  maybe we should put more midmajors in the BCS games if the BCS schools don't want to be there

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#83 : January 07, 2013, 08:19:38 PM

of course its on UF.  but they were both ranked where they should have been.  or we could say the Big East is a better than the SEC because of this game?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#84 : January 07, 2013, 08:29:26 PM

didn't say that and could care less which conference you say is the best.    did you go to the dex school of warped logic?

and no way UF was ever the 3rd best team in the country. Maybe the 3rd best team in the SEC although that could be debatable at the end of the season

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#85 : January 07, 2013, 09:27:21 PM

and no way UF was ever the 3rd best team in the country. Maybe the 3rd best team in the SEC although that could be debatable at the end of the season

UF wasnt pretty, but their only loss was 1 score game to the #3team in the BCS and the #6 team in the country.  where would you have ranked them before the bowl game?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#86 : January 07, 2013, 09:31:47 PM

They weren't and never were the 3rd best team in the country, end of story.  Louisville more than proved it once and for all in the Sugar Bowl.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#87 : January 07, 2013, 09:45:53 PM

again, you keep harping on UF (and others) being overrated.  but to move them down, you'd have to move up someone else.  then we'd just talk about how those teams were overrated.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#88 : January 07, 2013, 09:57:04 PM

we can debate who should be ranked where all night long.   that is why polls are stupid as an indicator of who is better than who and why it is a joke that the national champion isn't decided on the field rather than by sports reporters and computers.  what isn't debatable is that Louisiville, who was ranked 22, manhandled Florida, who was ranked 3 so either Florida isn't the 3rd best team in the country or Louisville is #2 ( we can all agree that 'Bama is #1)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#89 : January 07, 2013, 10:04:28 PM

how can we agree that bama is #1 after what TexasA&M did to them?

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools