Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#60 : January 05, 2013, 11:34:13 PM

It's amazing at how legit TAM became just by entering the SEC

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#61 : January 06, 2013, 12:07:56 AM

As a graduate of TAMU (albeit a 2%er and proud of it), if you had told me at the beginning of this season that TAMU would join the SEC and come out strong in the end, and have the 2nd highest points per game avg. in the history of the conference, I would have called you a fool and laughed.  All this after dumping Mike Sherman, to boot.  I am absolutely impressed, and after the dominant win in the Cotton Bowl, it is like the Aggies just took a big poop in the Longhorn's cheerios. 

How dumb does t.u. look now?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#62 : January 06, 2013, 10:04:20 AM

As a graduate of TAMU (albeit a 2%er and proud of it), if you had told me at the beginning of this season that TAMU would join the SEC and come out strong in the end, and have the 2nd highest points per game avg. in the history of the conference, I would have called you a fool and laughed.  All this after dumping Mike Sherman, to boot.  I am absolutely impressed, and after the dominant win in the Cotton Bowl, it is like the Aggies just took a big poop in the Longhorn's cheerios. 

How dumb does t.u. look now?

Kevin Sumlin is an excellent HC and offensive mind.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#63 : January 06, 2013, 01:49:11 PM

maybe those midtier teams shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 or even top 5 then

in that case you would need to move a few non-SEC teams up in the rankings.  whom do you suggest is ranked too low and not getting enough respect?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#64 : January 06, 2013, 01:50:03 PM

Kevin Sumlin is an excellent HC and offensive mind.

he's certainly impressed me.  he'll be alright, but i do wonder how much losing klingsbury will affect them.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#65 : January 06, 2013, 03:13:29 PM

in that case you would need to move a few non-SEC teams up in the rankings.  whom do you suggest is ranked too low and not getting enough respect?

I'm not sure of your point, but you can't say look at how great we are because we have 6 teams in the top ten and then question comparing a "midtier" SEC team to a "top tier" team in another conference.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#66 : January 06, 2013, 05:40:03 PM

actually, i think one certainly can pound their chest if they want when looking at the rankings toward the end of the season.  doesnt mean lsu will beat clemson everytime they play, doesnt mean texas a&m will beat oklahoma everytime.  no shame in second level SEC teams in competitive games with top teams in other conferences.  SEC can be great and still not win every game they play.  some folks certainly have trouble understanding things as a whole imo.

the SEC is dominant.  they play in the title game every year.  they win it every year.  they place in jan 1 bowls.  they compete and usually end up with a winning percentage i believe?  do they win them all?  no.  do they win a majority?  yes.

now if you want to argue the term dominant, they fine.  how about better?

but if you think those midtier teams shouldnt be ranked int he top 10 or even top 5 then you'd have to move other teams up to take their place...i was just curious who you had in mind.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#67 : January 06, 2013, 07:12:57 PM

I guess we could start with Louisville should have been ranked higher than Florida and Clemson higher than LSU.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#68 : January 06, 2013, 07:24:41 PM

I guess we could start with Louisville should have been ranked higher than Florida and Clemson higher than LSU.

That's absurd logic, and I'm pretty sure you know it.

Or maybe A&M should be ranked above Alabama.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#69 : January 06, 2013, 07:28:41 PM

yep so that means louisville>UF>A&M>Bama. by your logic louisville should now be given the national title. also FSU>Clemson>LSU>A&M>Bama apparently

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#70 : January 06, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

interesting thought .....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#71 : January 06, 2013, 07:43:47 PM

yep so that means louisville>UF>A&M>Bama. by your logic louisville should now be given the national title. also FSU>Clemson>LSU>A&M>Bama apparently

who said anything like that?  talk about trolling ......

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 06, 2013, 10:32:30 PM

do you want to address this statement or not?  which non-SEC teams would you move up into the top 10 or top 5 to take their place?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#73 : January 06, 2013, 11:09:06 PM

I love it, by this 6 degrees of BCS Bacon logic, we could probably give most teams out there a number 1 ranking.  This is fun!

It will be a great day when a playoff system is finally in place, and arguments like these, in this thread, will become less relevant and things will actually be settled on the field.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#74 : January 07, 2013, 08:08:27 AM

do you want to address this statement or not?  which non-SEC teams would you move up into the top 10 or top 5 to take their place?

I gave you 2, how many do you want?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools