Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#105 : January 08, 2013, 09:17:00 PM

tell me where you think UF should have been ranked on Jan 1 and who should have been in front of them?  oh wait, you wont.

An 11-1 team that the NCAA said played the toughest schedule on the country? 

What did that "toughest schedule in the country" get them on the field in the Sugar Bowl?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#106 : January 09, 2013, 09:57:20 AM

I don't have to answer your questions.    I list the teams I think should have been ranked ahead and you go through the list trying to disprove them.  It's irrelevant and I'm not interested in  your debate.    The fact is they were spanked on a neutral field by Louisville and they are STILL ranked 4 spots higher than them in the final poll.   And now the fact that Louisville lost during the season to a team that finished 5-7 apparently carries more weight than the fact that Louisville manhandled UF on the field.  Nope, no bias at all.  You are correct.

of course you dont, why should anyone in todays society have to actually defend their statements?

lets follow your logic though, should UF be ranked ahead of texas A&m in the final poll?  where's the bias now?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#107 : January 09, 2013, 10:54:07 AM

tell me where you think UF should have been ranked on Jan 1 and who should have been in front of them?  oh wait, you wont.

An 11-1 team that the NCAA said played the toughest schedule on the country? 

What did that "toughest schedule in the country" get them on the field in the Sugar Bowl?

Nothing.  It's not supposed to get you anything on the field, but it does get you something in the rankings.  The quicker you realize this, the quicker you can drop the absurd logic you are trying to apply.

lets follow your logic though, should UF be ranked ahead of texas A&m in the final poll?  where's the bias now?

When you apply this absurd logic, there are multiple of examples to prove it's absurdity.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#108 : January 09, 2013, 10:58:42 AM

Final Record:  6-3 (most wins and highest percentage) with a 7th straight BCS National Championship

#1 SEC (ALA) vs. #1 Independent (Notre Dame)      +28 win
#2 SEC (UGA) vs. #2 Big Ten (Nebraska)               +14 win
#3 SEC (FLA) vs.  #1 Big East (Louisville)               -10 loss
#4 SEC (LSU) vs.  #2 ACC (Clemson)                    -1 loss
#5 SEC (TAM) vs.  #2 Big 12 (Oklahoma)               +28 win
#6 SEC (USC) vs.  #3 Big Ten (Michigan)               +5 win
#7 SEC (VAN) vs.  #5 ACC (NC St.)                      +14 win

#8 SEC (MSU) vs.  #5 Big Ten (Northwestern)         -14 loss
#9 SEC (MISS) vs. #5 Big East (Pittsburgh)            +21 win

+85 point differential

Kiss the ring(s)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#109 : January 09, 2013, 11:09:23 AM

To give credit where it's due, the ACC had a good bowl season for a change.  Here is how they stacked up:

#1 ACC (FSU) vs. #1 MAC (NIU)           +21 win
#2 ACC (Clemson) vs. #4 SEC (LSU)   +1 win
#3 ACC (GT) vs. #5 PAC12 (USC)        +14 win
#4 ACC (VaTech) vs. #3 BEast (Rutg)    +3 win

#5 ACC (NCSt) vs. #7 SEC (Vandy)      -14 loss
#6 ACC (Duke) vs. #2 BEast (Cincy)     -14 loss

+11 point differential

And the Big Ten got it's arse whipped again this year, going 2-5 in their bowl games.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#110 : January 09, 2013, 11:56:54 AM

maybe those midtier teams shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 or even top 5 then

in that case you would need to move a few non-SEC teams up in the rankings.  whom do you suggest is ranked too low and not getting enough respect?

I'd say Oregon, Clemson and Stanford. Also OSU though not bowl eligible.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#111 : January 09, 2013, 12:10:03 PM

the fact that you are arguing whether UF was overrated or not is itself proof of the bias

was UF overrated when they beat TxA&M?  was UF overrated when they beat LSU?  was UF overrated when they beat USC?  was UF overrated when they beat FSU?  no bias here. 

I thought UF was over-rated based on mediocre offense and QB play.  I also think if UF had played TA&M in November or later, TA&M would have won. They got significantly better as the season rolled along while UF got better in a few areas but regressed or suffered injuries in others. I would have ranked UF under UGa, Oregon, TA&M and maybe Stanford

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#112 : January 09, 2013, 12:10:40 PM

I don't have to answer your questions.    I list the teams I think should have been ranked ahead and you go through the list trying to disprove them.  It's irrelevant and I'm not interested in  your debate.    The fact is they were spanked on a neutral field by Louisville and they are STILL ranked 4 spots higher than them in the final poll.   And now the fact that Louisville lost during the season to a team that finished 5-7 apparently carries more weight than the fact that Louisville manhandled UF on the field.  Nope, no bias at all.  You are correct.

of course you dont, why should anyone in todays society have to actually defend their statements?

Louisville 33 Florida 23.  There, statement defended.  Now defend Florida STILL being ranked 4 spots ahead of Lousiville .....

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#113 : January 09, 2013, 12:30:04 PM

Louisville 33 Florida 23.  There, statement defended.  Now defend Florida STILL being ranked 4 spots ahead of Lousiville .....

Geez, that's easy. UF fumbled away a game to highly ranked UGa and crapped the bed to ranked Louisville while Louisville crapped the bed against pathetic Syracuse and UConn. And while Strong did a much better job of motivating his team for the Sugar, there is no doubt that UF has FAAAAAR more talent on its roster.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#114 : January 09, 2013, 12:55:03 PM

I thought UF was over-rated based on mediocre offense and QB play.  I also think if UF had played TA&M in November or later, TA&M would have won. They got significantly better as the season rolled along while UF got better in a few areas but regressed or suffered injuries in others. I would have ranked UF under UGa, Oregon, TA&M and maybe Stanford

i think thats certainly fair.  UF never looked pretty, and was unimpressive in many of their wins.  but they still won.  i do think it would be tough to rank a 2 loss stanford over a 1 loss UF team, and i also think UF has a good case against a&m for obvious reasons.  i also believe that UF stomping fsu in tally is reason enough to deserve the ranking they had.  to that point, they looked like a team that sleptwalk though the gimmies, and came up big against the top tier.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#115 : January 09, 2013, 01:09:14 PM

i also think UF has a good case against a&m for obvious reasons. 

Because that was A&M's 1st game (and Manziel's) I really discount it. I believe A&M was a better team at the end of the season. Manziel was certainly enormously better at the end of the season.

as far as Stanford, both losses were close and the ND loss was in OT with a very questionable call. Plus they played a plenty tough schedule

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#116 : January 09, 2013, 01:50:31 PM

what obvious reason?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#117 : January 09, 2013, 01:52:05 PM

Geez, that's easy. UF fumbled away a game to highly ranked UGa and crapped the bed to ranked Louisville while Louisville crapped the bed against pathetic Syracuse and UConn. And while Strong did a much better job of motivating his team for the Sugar, there is no doubt that UF has FAAAAAR more talent on its roster.

so the talent on the roster in someone's opinion means more than what happens on a neutral field at the end of the season .....  just have to smh at rankings

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#118 : January 09, 2013, 02:16:16 PM

so the talent on the roster in someone's opinion means more than what happens on a neutral field at the end of the season .....  just have to smh at rankings

Who said it means more??????

I wrote that Louisville crapping the bed against TWO---2 completely pitiful opponents COMBINED with Florida's roster talent means more in ranking a team than a meaningless (for UF at least) game on a neutral site 5 weeks after the season is over.

Using your logic, Tampa is a better team than Atlanta cause Tampa beat them the last game IN ATLANTA

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#119 : January 09, 2013, 02:20:24 PM

Because that was A&M's 1st game (and Manziel's) I really discount it.

I don't know if that's fair, simply because A&M came out and kicked Florida's ass in the first half.  They were sharp.  But Florida made the adjustments and won the game in the second half, which is a credit to Florida.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools