Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#135 : January 10, 2013, 02:50:52 PM

Somebody needs to solve the "problem" of TA&M being above Florida in the rankings.  They both have the same record, Florida played the tougher schedule, and Florida beat them in their home stadium.  That is an outright injustice!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#136 : January 10, 2013, 04:25:52 PM

Somebody needs to solve the "problem" of TA&M being above Florida in the rankings.  They both have the same record, Florida played the tougher schedule, and Florida beat them in their home stadium.  That is an outright injustice!

I don't see any injustice. TA&M won their bowl game UF crapped the bed.

Besides records, SOS, etc. are just objective facts. Rankings are subjective opinions. My subjective opinion is that UF is a little better on D than TA&M but TA&M is enormously better at QB, WR, OL and offense in general.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#137 : January 10, 2013, 05:00:35 PM

I don't see any injustice.

Sorry, I forget to use correct font color in my original post as I was applying the absurd logic Olaf is trying use against Florida.

It's perfectly acceptable for TA&M to be ranked above Florida, just like it's perfectly acceptable for Florida to be ranked above Louisville.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#138 : January 11, 2013, 11:49:09 AM

Sure it is except for the part about Lousville spanking the Gators at the end of the season a week ago on a neutral field and the Gators winning by a field goal at the beginning of the season 4 months ago.   Other than that it is a perfect analogy.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#139 : January 11, 2013, 11:50:22 AM

Oh it definitely isn't rocket surgery.  The problem is obvious.

And the problem will be solved starting in 2014

to some extent yes

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#140 : January 11, 2013, 02:28:35 PM

Sure it is except for the part about Lousville spanking the Gators at the end of the season a week ago on a neutral field and the Gators winning by a field goal at the beginning of the season 4 months ago.   Other than that it is a perfect analogy.

In case you are unaware - and by the absurd logic you are trying to apply, you are - what happened in the last week of games isn't the only factor that goes into the rankings.

Unfortunately for you and the absurd logic you are trying to apply, it is a perfectly inconvenient analogy.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#141 : January 11, 2013, 10:33:07 PM

whole lotta crazy going on in this thread

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#142 : January 13, 2013, 01:22:58 PM

yes it is absurd to think that what happens on the neutral field between two teams with the same record at the end of the season should hold more weight in the end of the season rankings than what conference a team plays in ..... I apologize for my absurdity .....  ::)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#143 : January 13, 2013, 05:20:56 PM

yes it is absurd to think that what happens on the neutral field between two teams with the same record at the end of the season should hold more weight in the end of the season rankings than what conference a team plays in ..... I apologize for my absurdity .....  ::)

I accept your apology.  The important thing is that you realize your error so it won't happen again in the future.   8)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#144 : January 13, 2013, 06:55:36 PM

yes, terrible to think we should put more weight in what happens on the field rather than sportswriters perceptions .........  Go Notre Dame, clearly the best team in the country   ;)
: January 13, 2013, 06:57:54 PM olafberserker

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#145 : January 16, 2013, 09:02:27 AM

Which game meant more to both teams? The one where if you win you get a chance at the conference championship and maybe the national championship or the one where everyone is thinking about declaring for the NFL the next day?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#146 : January 18, 2013, 08:13:50 AM

the whole concept of rankings is flawed and always will be...   How can any ranking be accurate when it changes every week? Football rankings formulated like a rigged beauty contest are certainly open to ridicule.

With the current flawed system and the way rankings are determined Florida being ranked below A&M makes perfect sense.   Can't wait until a real 16 team playoff is put into effect. That will stop the nonsense to an extent.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Conferences « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools