Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Introducing your 2011 starting corner backs!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: January 18, 2011, 09:49:04 AM

Aquib Talib

&

Myron Lewis

Myron Lewis showed some real improvement last year and in my opinion will earn the starting job. He has shown that he is able to make plays on the ball much like our CB on the other side. This offseason will allow him to become more consistent and work his way into the starting role with Ronde our full time nickel back.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 18, 2011, 09:53:33 AM

I am assuming this is upon Barber not returning. But Lewis will have an uphill battle as he stills has EJ Biggers, who preformed well and above what most expected standing in front of his way.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 18, 2011, 10:53:42 AM

I thought EJ Biggers played very well considering this was really his rookie year.  I think he earned one of those starting spots

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 18, 2011, 11:32:00 AM

Let the best man win between Biggers and Lewis. Competition is a good thing. IMO, Lewis will have to really show something because Biggers has the experience factor over him.

Chaos

Starter
#4 : January 18, 2011, 12:10:23 PM

Biggers is not starter caliber IMO... Lewis I havent seen enough of yet!!

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 18, 2011, 12:14:18 PM

How isn't Biggers starter quality? Explain this.. He did pretty well filling in, in his "rookie" year.

Chaos

Starter
#6 : January 18, 2011, 12:33:18 PM

How isn't Biggers starter quality? Explain this.. He did pretty well filling in, in his "rookie" year.

yes he did do pretty well "filling in", he's a good player, and he is a keeper, but there is a huge difference between filling and and being #1, biggers has clumsy feet and has a problem with getting tangled up or making cuts....I have seen the guy fall atleast 10 or 15 this season after trying to switch direction.....Can he be starter material? Absolutely, but he needs work, and with Ronde coming back im sure he will improve.  Even though I haven't seen alot of Lewis, i believe he has better feet and can switch direction quicker and with more ease
: January 18, 2011, 12:35:23 PM Chaos

Chaos

Starter
#7 : January 18, 2011, 12:41:28 PM

since Ronde decided to stay does that mean this thread should read...2012 starting CB's?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 18, 2011, 01:55:05 PM

since Ronde decided to stay does that mean this thread should read...2012 starting CB's?

I don't think it will matter. We have not seen much of Lewis but he was starting to get some more playing time at the end of the year and I saw him make several really nice plays. I think if he gets more consistent that he will be able to step into that 2nd CB slot. Just my thought on the guy. I think Ronde will be a full time nickelback for us next year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Chaos

Starter
#9 : January 18, 2011, 03:30:44 PM

I don't think it will matter. We have not seen much of Lewis but he was starting to get some more playing time at the end of the year and I saw him make several really nice plays. I think if he gets more consistent that he will be able to step into that 2nd CB slot. Just my thought on the guy. I think Ronde will be a full time nickelback for us next year.

i agree, from what i've seen Lewis is better than biggers, and with the way Mack plays the Nikel i wouldnt be suprised to see ronde playing there more often

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 18, 2011, 03:49:46 PM

Been saying it for a while, Biggers is good but I think he has maxed out already. he is a good to very good nickle/reserve CB. I see Lewis much like I did Barber after his first year. I think he will be much improved next year.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

TheQ

Starter

#11 : January 18, 2011, 04:22:10 PM

IF there is a season and they can get off season work in OTAs, then the CB position looks to be in good shape.
Right now, it doesn't look like they are going to get the CBA done anytime soon and the offseason for teams will be greatly affected.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 18, 2011, 04:24:44 PM

Myron Lewis showed some real improvement last year and in my opinion will earn the starting job. He has shown that he is able to make plays on the ball much like our CB on the other side. This offseason will allow him to become more consistent and work his way into the starting role with Ronde our full time nickel back.

He did?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 18, 2011, 05:27:05 PM

He did?

towards the end of the year, yes he did. His coverage was pretty good and he made a few plays on the ball. That horrible PI call against whosyourmamma, he had perfect coverage. The last few games, he looked smooth out there. Biggers doesnt look as smooth and he played all year. Give him this offseason, i think theyll be closer to starting than Biggers unless Biggers cleans up his game.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 18, 2011, 06:28:15 PM

He did?

towards the end of the year, yes he did. His coverage was pretty good and he made a few plays on the ball. That horrible PI call against whosyourmamma, he had perfect coverage. The last few games, he looked smooth out there. Biggers doesnt look as smooth and he played all year. Give him this offseason, i think theyll be closer to starting than Biggers unless Biggers cleans up his game.

+1 - emphatically as I think about it.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Introducing your 2011 starting corner backs!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools