Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Introducing your 2011 starting corner backs!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 18, 2011, 06:38:33 PM

Myron Lewis showed some real improvement last year and in my opinion will earn the starting job. He has shown that he is able to make plays on the ball much like our CB on the other side. This offseason will allow him to become more consistent and work his way into the starting role with Ronde our full time nickel back.

He did?

towards the end of the year, yes he did. His coverage was pretty good and he made a few plays on the ball. That horrible PI call against whosyourmamma, he had perfect coverage. The last few games, he looked smooth out there. Biggers doesnt look as smooth and he played all year. Give him this offseason, i think theyll be closer to starting than Biggers unless Biggers cleans up his game.

+1 - emphatically as I think about it.

He did at least as good as Barber did his first year. Remember that, when everyone was calling him a total bust?

Barbers 1st year consisted of 4 tackles, and that's it.
Lewis first year 9 tackles and 3 pass defended

And like Barber, I think his year 2 will be monster in comparison.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#16 : January 18, 2011, 07:22:01 PM

Biggers might be our best man cover corner already. He's just terrible taking on blockers and at tackling because he's so weak. I remember his big game in preseason, he looked like a young Ronde making plays on the ball and making hits. Well the hits were an anomaly, he's terrible in that aspect.

All things considered, Lewis will be the #4 corner on opening day. He hasn't shown anything that would put him ahead of Ronde or Biggers. At all.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 18, 2011, 07:30:43 PM

Biggers might be our best man cover corner already. He's just terrible taking on blockers and at tackling because he's so weak. I remember his big game in preseason, he looked like a young Ronde making plays on the ball and making hits. Well the hits were an anomaly, he's terrible in that aspect.

All things considered, Lewis will be the #4 corner on opening day. He hasn't shown anything that would put him ahead of Ronde or Biggers. At all.

He was a rookie... We shall see!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 18, 2011, 07:41:44 PM

If one eliminates Talib - perhaps he is the best or the rest - or maybe behind Ronde.  And the gap between Biggers and Lewis narrowed significantly as Lewis was able to get on the field regularly for both practice and games as the season ended.  He (Lewis) showed speed, closing burst, good ball awareness and the ability to tackle once he was somewhat recovered and prepared. 

In comparison to both Ronde and Biggers he is faster, with better closing burst.  Insofar as tackling - he is more than adept.  And he has size - better size than either Ronde or Biggers.  Ronde will likely be the starter due to his knowledge, but I think Lewis will move past Biggers assuming Lewis can stay healthy, participate in off season, and TC.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 18, 2011, 08:04:03 PM

If one eliminates Talib - perhaps he is the best or the rest - or maybe behind Ronde.  And the gap between Biggers and Lewis narrowed significantly as Lewis was able to get on the field regularly for both practice and games as the season ended.  He (Lewis) showed speed, closing burst, good ball awareness and the ability to tackle once he was somewhat recovered and prepared. 

In comparison to both Ronde and Biggers he is faster, with better closing burst.  Insofar as tackling - he is more than adept.  And he has size - better size than either Ronde or Biggers.  Ronde will likely be the starter due to his knowledge, but I think Lewis will move past Biggers assuming Lewis can stay healthy, participate in off season, and TC.

Thats what i meant ^ LOL...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 18, 2011, 08:05:41 PM

Barber and Talib will be the starters nextyear.  Talib is a stud.  And Ronde is a player who gets in position, and actually can make a difference, unlike some guys who get in position and become dust.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 18, 2011, 08:17:03 PM

Thats what i meant ^ LOL...
well next time maybe expand past 'He's a rookie... we shall see" LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 18, 2011, 08:17:56 PM

Barber and Talib will be the starters nextyear.  Talib is a stud.  And Ronde is a player who gets in position, and actually can make a difference, unlike some guys who get in position and become dust.
If Lewis stays healthy it will be a smooth in season transition to his starting at CB. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 18, 2011, 08:18:25 PM

Yeah well.. we all know I cant type what im thinking.. Ill leave that to you. :)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 18, 2011, 08:38:53 PM

You're just a man of few words - you coming over for the Sunday afternoon g2g?  I know the drive is a bear - but .. always good to have you there.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 18, 2011, 10:22:40 PM

I just saw the post yesterday,, I have to check schedule, Gonna try for sure,

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 18, 2011, 10:45:14 PM

If Lewis stays healthy it will be a smooth in season transition to his starting at CB.
I hope so.

I have faith in Raheem and his ability to squeeze talent out of players.

Which is why I disliked Sabby so much.  Cause he sucked as an NFL player, trying to do things his way...

Ronde and Talib are a very very solid set of cornerbacks.

Run that Cover 2, and watch it happen.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#27 : January 18, 2011, 11:06:00 PM

Talib would be his only competition, and he makes most of his plays in zone coverage by jumping routes. I think he's good in man as well, but we've seen him get burned several times there. I expected Biggers to get burned as well, but he was nearly always in position down the field and often made a play on the ball and provided consistent tight coverage.

It was good to see Lewis get some time on the field, but lets not forget that he was behind Mack on the depth chart until he was injured. I do think he helped himself by not totally sucking once he got on the field, but I didn't see anything that showed he should be playing ahead of Talib, Barber, or Biggers in the slightest.

Lewis is not faster than Biggers. EJ ran a 4.32 40. Lewis is definitely a bigger, more physical presence on the outside....and he was actually a good blitzer in college as well. But he has a lot to prove in training camp and preseason to get the nickel job. Biggers jumped out of nowhere himself last year to earn that job, and played pretty well all season with the exception of tackling.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 18, 2011, 11:10:19 PM

Talib would be his only competition, and he makes most of his plays in zone coverage by jumping routes. I think he's good in man as well, but we've seen him get burned several times there. I expected Biggers to get burned as well, but he was nearly always in position down the field and often made a play on the ball and provided consistent tight coverage.

It was good to see Lewis get some time on the field, but lets not forget that he was behind Mack on the depth chart until he was injured. I do think he helped himself by not totally sucking once he got on the field, but I didn't see anything that showed he should be playing ahead of Talib, Barber, or Biggers in the slightest.

Lewis is not faster than Biggers. EJ ran a 4.32 40. Lewis is definitely a bigger, more physical presence on the outside....and he was actually a good blitzer in college as well. But he has a lot to prove in training camp and preseason to get the nickel job. Biggers jumped out of nowhere himself last year to earn that job, and played pretty well all season with the exception of tackling.

Just curious, why is it that Biggers was able to come out of nowhere, but Lewis can't even come out of somewhere? What if Lewis has the same improvement that Biggers had from last year to this? Or maybe even the improvement that Barber had between his 1st and 2nd years.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#29 : January 18, 2011, 11:14:15 PM

Just curious, why is it that Biggers was able to come out of nowhere, but Lewis can't even come out of somewhere? What if Lewis has the same improvement that Biggers had from last year to this? Or maybe even the improvement that Barber had between his 1st and 2nd years.

He could, but IMO it's just as likely that Biggers is the one that makes that jump....only he already has the job. They were both basically rookies this year....only difference is Biggers had his head in the playbook after going on IR last year.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Introducing your 2011 starting corner backs!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools