Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Introducing your 2011 starting corner backs!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 18, 2011, 11:40:58 PM

Just curious, why is it that Biggers was able to come out of nowhere, but Lewis can't even come out of somewhere? What if Lewis has the same improvement that Biggers had from last year to this? Or maybe even the improvement that Barber had between his 1st and 2nd years.

He could, but IMO it's just as likely that Biggers is the one that makes that jump....only he already has the job. They were both basically rookies this year....only difference is Biggers had his head in the playbook after going on IR last year.

No they weren't both basically rookies. Biggers had two complete training camp, OTA's plus a years worth of film study over Lewis. Going into TC this year, Lewis had to learn the playbook, Biggers didn't, HUGE advantage. Not even close to being on the same scale.

And yes, Biggers made a huge improvement over the little that we saw last year. And I think that is his improvement. He is a quality nickle. Would love to be wrong and see him as the starter but I still think Lewis will make the same type of improvement Biggers did and that barber did and surpass Biggers. Besides, unless something happens (injury, he's moved to safety, gets old overnight) Barber is playing just fine and is still, and will continue to be the actual starter.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

blackthoughtz

Starter

#31 : January 19, 2011, 01:32:07 AM

I hope the 2nd CB will be Nnamdi

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 19, 2011, 02:13:42 AM

yeah, Barber and Talib are the starters, but i count nickel back as a starter bieng that they play about 50% of the snaps. Especially in todays passing NFL. Lewis IMO, has a lot more potential than Biggers. Like many said, it seems as if hes hit his ceiling already. I saw for the most part, the same player all year with Biggers...meaning I didnt see much improvement form start to finish. IMO he played at the same level all year. Lewis is already better than Mack. Mack got playing time due to STs work and knowing the playbook, not because of athleticism or skills.

Mack is a STer that can play some CB when needed and nothing more. Lewis is a CB.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 19, 2011, 03:22:40 AM

yeah, Barber and Talib are the starters, but i count nickel back as a starter bieng that they play about 50% of the snaps. Especially in todays passing NFL. Lewis IMO, has a lot more potential than Biggers. Like many said, it seems as if hes hit his ceiling already. I saw for the most part, the same player all year with Biggers...meaning I didnt see much improvement form start to finish. IMO he played at the same level all year. Lewis is already better than Mack. Mack got playing time due to STs work and knowing the playbook, not because of athleticism or skills.

Mack is a STer that can play some CB when needed and nothing more. Lewis is a CB.

Very well stated.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 19, 2011, 09:45:33 AM

Myron Lewis showed some real improvement last year and in my opinion will earn the starting job. He has shown that he is able to make plays on the ball much like our CB on the other side. This offseason will allow him to become more consistent and work his way into the starting role with Ronde our full time nickel back.

He did?

towards the end of the year, yes he did. His coverage was pretty good and he made a few plays on the ball. That horrible PI call against whosyourmamma, he had perfect coverage. The last few games, he looked smooth out there. Biggers doesnt look as smooth and he played all year. Give him this offseason, i think theyll be closer to starting than Biggers unless Biggers cleans up his game.

He Certainly did. Towards the end of the year we saw more of Mr. Lewis. I have a funny su**CENSORED**ion that Morris is reading him to step in next year. We all saw him make a very nice play on a go route vs. Megatron. He has the kind of ability. He needs to improve, a lot, mainly in the consistency department but he has everything it takes.

I tend to think that Biggers is close to maxed out in the potential category. Lewis was put alone in man coverage which tells me Morris has faith in him. He looked like a rookie at times but also showed me why we drafted him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 19, 2011, 09:49:42 AM

i'll take you guys word on it.  wasn't really focusing on him but I just remember him getting burned/penalized a few times.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Introducing your 2011 starting corner backs!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools