Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Belichick wins AP Coach of the year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 02, 2011, 09:59:09 PM

^^^ Right on.

Interesting bit from the writer ..."Morris inherited a dumpster fire when he was named head coach in 2009."...   

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 02, 2011, 09:59:37 PM

You have got to be freakin' kidding me. Unbelievable. In a quarterback driven league, NE has one of the all-time best. Three teams that were absolutely awful last year were turned around by young coaches and they all but were ignored. Belichek got twice as many votes as the second-place guy? Ridiculous.

Yep. It's a bunch of crap.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 02, 2011, 10:01:26 PM

Interesting bit from the writer ..."Morris inherited a dumpster fire when he was named head coach in 2009."...

Its the absolute truth!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

smove28

Starter

#18 : February 02, 2011, 10:15:07 PM

This is the reason why we have to back our team. Writers figured if we do not believe in what Morris is doing by why should they.

This is an outrage. Raheem Morris is the coach of the year. I am actually surprised that there is not more outrage on this page, which could actually explain why the writers who voted for Belichick could get away with such a bullcrap vote. To use his coaching of a youthful team as the reason he won is a flat out insult to everyone here and our coach. What do Tampa fans on this page do, say that they can understand how a guy that has a first ballot hall of famer at QB deserves to win COY over our coach who had a younger team with a 2nd year QB that half the fans here didn't even want to draft in the first place.

This is the reason we get no respect in the national media. We do not back our guys. We should be raising hell instead of some of our fans actually agreeing with this idiocy.

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#19 : February 02, 2011, 10:23:27 PM

Bull**CENSORED**

+1, that's a striaght snub bullet to the chest! as much as i like the Pats. they have arguably the best QB, the best coach, and the best organization in the league! Billichek didn't do anything out of the usuall, they won a  third of their games like they usually do! he didn't pass any of his milestones ( did he? ) he shouldn't win unless they went undeafed ( from the top of the org. down to the players on the field their good enough to do it once every couple of years, their just that good ). no one expected us to win any games this year, i know i didn't! ( braise yourself ) i kinda rooted against us all season so we were garunteed a top player ( Patrick Peterson ) but then the first half of the season all those games i was on the fence about ( then my thoughts were honestly in our first eight games six were winnable but we'd bomb the second half of the season ) we won! then we continued to play good tho we let some games slip, a blind man could see we were winning off coaching alone ( and a little bit Freesus ). we were third last ( 29th ) in third down stops, we couldn't stop a turtle from moving the chains! but still managed to win 10 an almost make the wild card. come lay down Raheem an let me remove that 357 SNUB bullet from your chest. Your still Coach of the Year at Pewter Report! ABSOLUTLY   

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 02, 2011, 10:32:03 PM

LETS BURN DOWN GILLETE AND STRING UP BELICHEK

ALL HAIL SMOVE28

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 02, 2011, 10:34:07 PM

pretty sad when one of the tampa sports writers was pimping belicheat too

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 02, 2011, 10:42:31 PM

In terms of exceeding expectations Bellicheck was maybe 2-3 games over "expectations" while the Bucs and Chiefs were more like 5-5games over expectations. Never like the CoY voting, if it is the "Best Record" criteria just hand out that award on that basis.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 02, 2011, 10:44:29 PM

Raheem definitely should have won, but I'm happy that he was at least recognized by being 2nd in voting by a wide margin over Haley.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 02, 2011, 11:14:39 PM

Morris clearly should have been coach of the year ......by plenty.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 02, 2011, 11:36:09 PM

The media hates the Bucs. What makes anyone think Raheem had a chance in an AP vote anyway?

Had they given it to Raheem, a lot of people around the country would say, "Raheem who?" The Bucs were barely on TV. And the times that they were given a decent audience (Baltimore and Atlanta) they lost.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 02, 2011, 11:44:28 PM

The media hates the Bucs. What makes anyone think Raheem had a chance in an AP vote anyway?

Had they given it to Raheem, a lot of people around the country would say, "Raheem who?" The Bucs were barely on TV. And the times that they were given a decent audience (Baltimore and Atlanta) they lost.

They hate him so much he got more votes than Haley who also turned around an awful team and actually won his division. Seriously?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 03, 2011, 12:11:25 AM

You guys seemed confused.  I see posts about our seven-game turnaround, about how the media loves Belichick (really?), and posts about disrespect.

Raheem Morris did an outstanding job -- no one denies this, and his second-place finish shows that it didn't go unnoticed.  But Belichick finished the season with the NFL's best record.  They beat six playoff teams, and destroyed the Steelers in Pittsburgh.  Their leading rusher was BenJarvus Green-Ellis, a player who had 100 career carries going into the season.  Their offensive sparkplug was Danny Woodhead -- he of 64 career rushing yards -- a running back who hopped from the Jets to the Patriots during the season.  They cut their number one receiver, and replaced him with Deion Branch -- a castoff from offensively-challenged Seattle.  They used two rookie tight ends to create mismatches in the passing game.

If the Patriots finished 11-5, with a few questionable wins here-and-there, then sure, give the award to Raheem.  But they dominated the league during the last quarter of the season, and looked primed to take a fourth Super Bowl.  Considering what he had to work with in the offensive and defensive skill positions, I'm surprised the margin of victory wasn't bigger.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 03, 2011, 12:25:52 AM

The voters who paid attention to actual football gave Raheem some votes. If you live outside the Tampa Bay area, you have to hunt and make an effort to find news on the Bucs. Belichick on the other hand grabs the headlines win or lose all over the country.

That said, Belichick did accomplish a lot this year. His team was the #1 seed. And although he has Brady, the rest of the team was make-shift for the most part.

And yes Belichick also beat some dang good teams. The Pats STOMPED the Jets and Steelers in the regular season. Morris only beat 1 team with a winning record.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 03, 2011, 01:01:38 AM

The media loves him, didn't he win last year?

Since when?

Frankly, my only surprise is that McCarthy got no love at all.
Bellicheat has been abrasive and short with the media before.  He is not loved by the media at all.  I am not sure HATE is an appropriate word, but he certainly is no media darling...

Congrats to Rah for shoving two fistfuls of crow right into my mouth.  And I loved eating every bit of it.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Belichick wins AP Coach of the year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools