Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 07, 2011, 08:29:27 AM

With another good draft, the Bucs will earn the right to be mentioned as a possible contender for the Superbowl, that's all we can ask for at this point.  Freeman is the main reason for this, Dominik just needs to continue to build the team around him. 

Did you hear what Clay Matthews said on the postgame.  "Our job is to get turnovers and get the ball back to Rodgers."  Every turnover lead to points.  Sound familiar?  We need to continue to add impact players to the defense to get the ball back for #5

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#16 : February 07, 2011, 09:16:23 AM

You are crazy...

We got our butts WHOOPED by the team that just lost the Super Bowl.
With Charlie Batch at QB.
in Week 3 before the influx of young talent really came on. By the end of the year they could have played on the field with any team even with the **CENSORED**ty run D led by Ruud because Free could have overcome it.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 09, 2011, 04:25:05 AM

You are crazy...

in Week 3 before the influx of young talent really came on. By the end of the year they could have played on the field with any team even with the **CENSORED**ty run D led by Ruud because Free could have overcome it.

I disagree - we were decimated and save for Seattle and New Orleans - we were no match for either Chicago, or Green Bay.

I think if the Bucs had relied on LeGarrette Blount more in the Pittsburgh game we could have made it closer - but it would not have changed the outcome.

I agree the poster who credited talent acquisition for the teams success last year - a very large part of that sustained success was due to talent - but also more weight should be given our preferential schedule, and to our rookie playmakers - making plays when needed. This team is really missing only one key element to address on defense - but will not get better next season without that pass rushing DE. We cannot expect to incurr the same number of injuries next season and still field a winning team. The schedule will be one for a team that finished 10-6 - this seasons schedule was due to the previous seasons 3-13 mark - there will be a noticeable change. If we get the DE we need - we should be more than competitive - if not, it's going to feel to some as if we stepped backwards.

Every other need is in the area of depth - our offense is in need of a consistent/healthy offensive line - and understanding that "The Soldja" is still going strong, his limited practice availability means we need to begin making plans for a pressure-release, pass-catching, TE to assist Freeman continued development.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#18 : February 09, 2011, 04:33:00 AM

Your crazy LOL, untill we can get off the field on third down we'll average nine wins

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 09, 2011, 07:19:26 AM

You are crazy...

I disagree - we were decimated and save for Seattle and New Orleans - we were no match for either Chicago, or Green Bay.

Agree with Green Bay, disagree with Chicago.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 10, 2011, 12:12:57 AM

Sorry Hate - that defense in Chicago was good, but our offense could have figured it out (although by then our bench-strength would have had trouble) - but the Chicago offense would have exposed our defense. I don't think those two match-ups would have played-out in our favor. To this point the Chicago running game and passing attack was playing at an elite level.

Green Bay is so strong on both sides of the ball it made Chicago look pedestrian - but they are not.

If we get a pass-rushing RDE, I think we can play with anyone, but don't sell Chicago short - that was a very good team.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 10, 2011, 08:09:38 AM

Until the bucs D can get off the field on third down and stop the run and pressure the opponents QB - well the SB is hard to see from here.  Not saying it couldn't happen with the way Dominick seems to find players - just saying it is hard to see. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 10, 2011, 08:17:07 AM

well last year Chaz said he smelled playoffs and we fell just short.  this year he says Super Bowl so I'm thinking we make the playoffs.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 10, 2011, 09:17:56 AM

You are crazy...

I think if the Bucs had relied on LeGarrette Blount more in the Pittsburgh game we could have made it closer - but it would not have changed the outcome.

I agree the poster who credited talent acquisition for the teams success last year - a very large part of that sustained success was due to talent - but also more weight should be given our preferential schedule, and to our rookie playmakers - making plays when needed. This team is really missing only one key element to address on defense - but will not get better next season without that pass rushing DE. We cannot expect to incurr the same number of injuries next season and still field a winning team. The schedule will be one for a team that finished 10-6 - this seasons schedule was due to the previous seasons 3-13 mark - there will be a noticeable change. If we get the DE we need - we should be more than competitive - if not, it's going to feel to some as if we stepped backwards.

Every other need is in the area of depth - our offense is in need of a consistent/healthy offensive line - and understanding that "The Soldja" is still going strong, his limited practice availability means we need to begin making plans for a pressure-release, pass-catching, TE to assist Freeman continued development.

With the exception of 2 games the schedule was identical with the rest of the division. The Bucs suffered 2 blowout losses and won the rematch with the Saints. The highest rated QB in the last quarter of the season was Josh Freeman. Blount racked up over a thousand yards after missing nearly a third of the season, and he did it behind a patchwork OL. The odds are against losing 8 starters to IR two years in a row, and the experience gained by the backups is an advantage for the future. The return of those starters makes the team stronger, and Dominik has already demonstrated the franchise's unique ability to turn team weaknesses into team strengths. I am confident that pattern will continue and I like the adjustments made to the coaching staff. This team was still competitive and winning with PS players filling the voids. Josh Freeman is important, but I believe the coaching and talent is good enough to win most of their games without him. With him they can beat anybody, and the Defense will play catch up this year. The offense will be better, but the Defense will make major strides. I honestly believe the Bucs will win the division. The league has arranged the Saints schedule so that (outside of the division) the only "tough" road game that they have is the Packers, and they'll probably play that one in September.

Age and injuries are catching up with the Saints and fowlgoons. The Bucs might have a little concern for injuries, but they have already proven they can adjust.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 11, 2011, 01:57:32 AM

1sparky - don't get me wrong, this season was a fantastic coaching job, of guys that pretty much no one ever heard of (on the offensive line, the defensive line, the secondary and at running back) - and we played the schedule that was in front of us.

But come on, you have to recognoze the total number of teams we played that did not have a winning record!? This was a 3-13 schedule and we'll be playing a 10-6 schedule next year - big difference. We can play with anyone, but it will be a lot harder to recover from the type and number of injuries we faced last year.

I absolutely expect our Bucs to play well, I know Freeman and the offense will be prepared - I hope to see the defense much improved.

That last item is the most important...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 11, 2011, 12:50:45 PM

1sparky - don't get me wrong, this season was a fantastic coaching job, of guys that pretty much no one ever heard of (on the offensive line, the defensive line, the secondary and at running back) - and we played the schedule that was in front of us.

But come on, you have to recognoze the total number of teams we played that did not have a winning record!? This was a 3-13 schedule and we'll be playing a 10-6 schedule next year - big difference. We can play with anyone, but it will be a lot harder to recover from the type and number of injuries we faced last year.

I absolutely expect our Bucs to play well, I know Freeman and the offense will be prepared - I hope to see the defense much improved.

That last item is the most important...

We played the exact same schedule that the other teams in our division did. Only two games were determined by our ranking in '09. In that regard we only moved up one spot and that's not going to result in a huge leap in difficulty. The Saints and fowlgoons won a few more games than we did because they had veteran teams and fewer injuries. The rosters they started the season with were pretty much the same as when they lost in the playoffs. The Bucs were no where near the same team, and they WON their last game. The Bucs finished on a positive note. They know they can compete and win, even when key players can only watch.

I fully well understand that our team has issues, but I am confident they will be addressed. For once our offense is ahead of our defense. What we are looking at is the possibility that we will soon have a balance of strength between the two. We've never really had that before. The 2011 team will have more talent on both sides of the ball, than any other in franchise history. They will once again be the youngest team in the league, and they have great coaches who have already proven they can prepare them to play like seasoned veterans.

The Bucs have this advantage over the other teams in the division. They are a much better team than the Panthers and they don't know what their limitations are. The Saints and fowlgoons DO know what their limitations are, and they also know the Bucs are rapidly gaining on them. The Saints have lost their last two home games to the Bucs. The fowlgoons know they were lucky to escape with two victories, and their luck will soon run out. The youngest team in the league is about to get better.

The fowlgoons finished with the best record in the NFC. How often did you hear anyone question their strength of schedule? Did the two teams that they played, that we didn't, really make that much of a difference? I don't believe so, and I don't think it will next year either.

The Bucs showed up pretty well and have the most potential for greater things. IMO, the Saints and fowlgoons have already peaked. I believe the tougher schedule will be harder on them.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#26 : February 28, 2011, 12:20:10 AM

well last year Chaz said he smelled playoffs and we fell just short.  this year he says Super Bowl so I'm thinking we make the playoffs.

You gota believe man! Superbowl bound bucs in 2011!!!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 28, 2011, 01:15:22 AM

I'll go with you as far as the playooffs Chaz!

...now, once you get there...anything can happen....!

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 28, 2011, 01:23:11 AM

I'll go with you as far as the playooffs Chaz!

...now, once you get there...anything can happen....!

YEAH!!! Love the sig btw man, idk if i've ever told you!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 28, 2011, 02:09:03 AM

Appreciate it - it is courtesy of the artist formerly known as Incognito...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools