Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 28, 2011, 03:47:19 AM

1sparky - don't get me wrong, this season was a fantastic coaching job, of guys that pretty much no one ever heard of (on the offensive line, the defensive line, the secondary and at running back) - and we played the schedule that was in front of us.

But come on, you have to recognoze the total number of teams we played that did not have a winning record!? This was a 3-13 schedule and we'll be playing a 10-6 schedule next year - big difference. We can play with anyone, but it will be a lot harder to recover from the type and number of injuries we faced last year.

I absolutely expect our Bucs to play well, I know Freeman and the offense will be prepared - I hope to see the defense much improved.

That last item is the most important...

We played the exact same schedule that the other teams in our division did. Only two games were determined by our ranking in '09. In that regard we only moved up one spot and that's not going to result in a huge leap in difficulty. The Saints and fowlgoons won a few more games than we did because they had veteran teams and fewer injuries. The rosters they started the season with were pretty much the same as when they lost in the playoffs. The Bucs were no where near the same team, and they WON their last game. The Bucs finished on a positive note. They know they can compete and win, even when key players can only watch.

I fully well understand that our team has issues, but I am confident they will be addressed. For once our offense is ahead of our defense. What we are looking at is the possibility that we will soon have a balance of strength between the two. We've never really had that before. The 2011 team will have more talent on both sides of the ball, than any other in franchise history. They will once again be the youngest team in the league, and they have great coaches who have already proven they can prepare them to play like seasoned veterans.

The Bucs have this advantage over the other teams in the division. They are a much better team than the Panthers and they don't know what their limitations are. The Saints and fowlgoons DO know what their limitations are, and they also know the Bucs are rapidly gaining on them. The Saints have lost their last two home games to the Bucs. The fowlgoons know they were lucky to escape with two victories, and their luck will soon run out. The youngest team in the league is about to get better.

The fowlgoons finished with the best record in the NFC. How often did you hear anyone question their strength of schedule? Did the two teams that they played, that we didn't, really make that much of a difference? I don't believe so, and I don't think it will next year either.

The Bucs showed up pretty well and have the most potential for greater things. IMO, the Saints and fowlgoons have already peaked. I believe the tougher schedule will be harder on them.

Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber, Rice, Kelly, Quarles, and Spires disagree.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 28, 2011, 11:21:33 AM

Yeah I've seen this several times before where someone claims this is the "most talented roster the Bucs have ever had."

BULLCRAP!

2002 was the most talented roster in Buccaneer history.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 28, 2011, 12:21:31 PM

2002 had talent, 2011 has potential.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools