Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: if Driskel pans out we're BCS Title bound « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 07, 2011, 03:57:47 PM

Really only the small speed backs like Demps and Rainey and two-way quarterbacks like Burton and Reed are strictly spread players. All the rest of the players were heavily recruited by FSU, Miami, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and all the top non-spread teams.

true, and Brantley was never a spread QB. He is much better suited for a 3-5 step drop and throw.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 07, 2011, 06:16:37 PM

brantley was criminally misused. he never got rythm or built any comfort level on the field. when i say that players dont fit the pro system i meant more their development. the only position you guys dont really have was fullback and a running back that can run between the tackles. mack brown should fill that role now that he's redshirted and you guys did pick up that kid from tampa at FB. i dont think your recievers  really run that great of routes and i think that comes down to development. it seems like outside of one or two guys, most of the receivers are 6 foot and under burners. it seems like you like a big physical 6 ft 2 guy to work a defense and get physical

Runole

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 07, 2011, 09:03:03 PM

I am not sure Driskel is a traditional QB but certainly UF has a few years to find out.  Next year's offense will depend on Brantley more than anything on offense.

I agree  Dex  I have severe questions concerning the marriage of Weis to Muschamp.    Muschamp I think is one of the new emerging young stars on the coaching scene.  Weis is a huge egotistical horse's arse IMO that is rather stuck on himself.    Personally, I think it is a far worse potential marriage than Shannon and  Whipple.

Another question?  How long does Weis even stay?  He is starting to remind me of Parcells.

I guess as long as Muschamp follows Charlie's orders everything will be smooth sailing. :o

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 08, 2011, 11:26:27 AM

Brantley's problems go way beyond the spread offense.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 08, 2011, 01:28:25 PM

Yup.  From the shoulders up, he's awful.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 13, 2011, 11:10:54 AM

Another question?  How long does Weis even stay? 

i think he stays at least 3 years to be with his son.  after that, who really wants to hire a 60 year old with health issues as their HC?  i could see a jump back to the NFL, but only as an OC.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 13, 2011, 12:18:13 PM

i agree to a point.  coming out of HS i wasnt very high on the guy, but later i was sold on his yellow jersey workouts.  i think he can be a competent QB in the right system.  he has the talent, but i believe he just gets rattled very easily.  i think he will be the best option transitioning to weis' system.  UF will struggle on O this coming year, but i believe that the offense can definitely succeed in college.

i think the power struggle issue is just opponents hoping for their best.  i dont see a conflict.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 13, 2011, 03:57:11 PM

GT, I'm very hopeful that Weis can turn Brantley into a legit QB.  Brantley can make all of the throws, and look what Weis did with Tom Brady, Brady Quinn, and Matt Cassel.  Cassel was a sack machine before Weis got to KC, and now Cassel is much, much better in that department.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 13, 2011, 04:23:17 PM

competent to legit, thats all im hoping for.  i dont think a freshman can/should start for weis.

UF's season could be very bad by standards, or very very good.  they have plenty of talent, they just have to buy in.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 13, 2011, 07:32:36 PM

defense is probabyl going to have to carry you this year. youve got some offensive pieces but unless some of the guys from last year and this recruiting class step up its gonna be painful. debose and the other receivers just werent good last year and if they keep having drops you are gonna be hating life. i dont know if youve got the players yet for a pro style running game either. its going to be interesting to see how your season pans it. i think it will be boom or bust. hopefully boom and then bust when we come to the swamp at the end of the year

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 13, 2011, 08:24:32 PM

defense is probabyl going to have to carry you this year. youve got some offensive pieces but unless some of the guys from last year and this recruiting class step up its gonna be painful. debose and the other receivers just werent good last year and if they keep having drops you are gonna be hating life. i dont know if youve got the players yet for a pro style running game either. its going to be interesting to see how your season pans it. i think it will be boom or bust. hopefully boom and then bust when we come to the swamp at the end of the year
James Wilder JR for HEISMAN in 2014

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 13, 2011, 09:34:54 PM

not sure if sarcasm but i hope so. he will probly end up at linebacker though. devonte freeman will be nasty good though. im not tryin to be a jerk. im being serious. your defense should be really good. im just not sure about your Offense. too many questions, qb, rb, oline, wr?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 13, 2011, 10:18:04 PM

qb is certainly a question.  i dont think rb is.  between demps, gillislee, mack brown, blakely, and possibly rainey i dont see any issues toting the rock.  wr shouldnt be a problem either.  there is plenty of talent there to work with.  i think deonte thompson is really the main wr with a drops issue and its a concentration issue, not skill.  ol could be a question mark, but barring injuries (a la patchan, wilson, young) they should have enough guys as well.

but i definitely agree.  defense should be a strength until the offense can catch up.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 14, 2011, 03:27:34 PM

i agree to a point.  coming out of HS i wasnt very high on the guy, but later i was sold on his yellow jersey workouts.  i think he can be a competent QB in the right system.  he has the talent, but i believe he just gets rattled very easily.  i think he will be the best option transitioning to weis' system.  UF will struggle on O this coming year, but i believe that the offense can definitely succeed in college.

i think the power struggle issue is just opponents hoping for their best.  i dont see a conflict.

Charlie sure lasted a long time at Kansas City. ???   Hey he and Muschamp may go together like Cream and Sugar.   I just have my doubts.   Kind of like Chuck Amato being great buddies with Jimbo Fisher... 

Of course your right!! :o   What happened at FSU and Miami most certainly couldn't happen at UF... ;) :D

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 14, 2011, 03:34:20 PM

not sure if sarcasm but i hope so. he will probly end up at linebacker though. devonte freeman will be nasty good though. im not tryin to be a jerk. im being serious. your defense should be really good. im just not sure about your Offense. too many questions, qb, rb, oline, wr?

Nope... Wilder and Freeman IMO will do an excellent impression of Richardson and  Ingram at Alabama.

Wilder is the best "BIG" back recruited by FSU since Sammie Smith far more instinctive than Greg Jones.  Anyone that saw his dad play knows Jr is a spitting image of his dad.     No LB for the kid at FSU. IMO   This is of course based on comments by Jimbo and James.  Of course other fans, coaches, and scouts may have a different opinion, but I think I will stick to those that truly count.  I still remember those same people stating Warrick Dunn was too small to play RB , and Derrick Brooks would ultimately play safety.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: if Driskel pans out we're BCS Title bound « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools