Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB question? « previous next »
Page: 1

wildbuc99

Rookie

: March 20, 2007, 04:38:23 PM

Ok I have a question for my fellow Buc fans and wanted to get some different opinions on our QB situation. This may have already been discussed in PR's new magazine, if it has please forgive me I'm not an insider, yet. Anyway, what do you guys think will happen since we have added Garcia and Plummer to our roster? Who will be the 3 QB's on our active roster, IF Plummer decides to play, Im not sure a trade will happen so fast. If Gruden and company think Plummer will help this team win then why not keep him? Do you think Grads or McCown will be able to stay on the practice team without another team signing them? Just curious what you guys think.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : March 20, 2007, 04:43:41 PM

I think that the Bucs QB roster will be this:

Active Roster
Jeff Garcia
Chris Simms
Bruce Gradkowski

Practice Squad
Eugene Bruce

I don't think that Plummer will play this year and I think that Luke McCown will be one of the final cuts heading into the regular season.  Luke McCown and Bruce Gradkowski will probally battle for the 3rd string spot in the preseason.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 20, 2007, 04:45:45 PM

I agree with Cadillac, about what I would think the opening day look will be. But if Plummer were to play, what are the odds of a 4th spot on the roster for Gradkowski. I like Simms being the opening day starter.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 20, 2007, 04:46:46 PM

I think they will look into who has more trade potential between Simms and Plummer. Then keep Gradkowski as the 3. Grads has a lot of people from around the league that were impressed with him last year for a rookie on a bad team. Nationally he is better regarded than by the fans in Tampa. I also believe that Gruden and Allen have more faith in him than we as fans do.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : March 20, 2007, 04:48:45 PM

I agree with Cadillac, about what I would think the opening day look will be. But if Plummer were to play, what are the odds of a 4th spot on the roster for Gradkowski. I like Simms being the opening day starter.

If Plummer decides to play, the Bucs may have to cut Bruce Gradkowski and Luke McCown because it is unlikely that we keep 4 quarterbacks on our active roster.  Gruden never kept 4 QBs on one of his rosters before.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#5 : March 20, 2007, 04:50:42 PM

I think they will look into who has more trade potential between Simms and Plummer. Then keep Gradkowski as the 3. Grads has a lot of people from around the league that were impressed with him last year for a rookie on a bad team. Nationally he is better regarded than by the fans in Tampa. I also believe that Gruden and Allen have more faith in him than we as fans do.

I don't think that we should trade Simms because he has been in our system for many years and he knows our offense.  Plummer would make more sense to trade becuase he hasn't been in our system and he's not familiar with our system and he's older than Chris Simms.

wildbuc99

Rookie

#6 : March 20, 2007, 04:51:18 PM

Id like the QB situation to play out with us keeping Simms, Garcia, and Grads on the active roster. I think that Gruden likes the idea of molding Grads to much to take the risk of placing him on the practice squad. McCown will probably be a final cut, and here is hoping that Plummer is traded and we get a mid round pick for him

devasher

Starter
#7 : March 20, 2007, 04:53:44 PM

I'll agree with the Cadillac, though you don't want to rule out Luke McCown just yet. The team, particularly Coach Hackett was very high on this kid pre-injury.

The 3rd spot will depend on whether Grads has improved from his experience last year or been shaken by it. From what I know of him I'd say he'll be better for it.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#8 : March 20, 2007, 04:53:49 PM

Id like the QB situation to play out with us keeping Simms, Garcia, and Grads on the active roster. I think that Gruden likes the idea of molding Grads to much to take the risk of placing him on the practice squad. McCown will probably be a final cut, and here is hoping that Plummer is traded and we get a mid round pick for him

I don't think that we are allowed to put Gradkowski on the practice squad because he has already started 10 games with us.  I'm not quite sure of the rules though.  If we can put Gradkowski on the practice squad, he would be picked up immediately.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 20, 2007, 04:54:49 PM

Chris Simms in my opinion has a Buccaneer logo tattoed on his forehead. He's not going anywhere. (Me hopes)

bucs1

Practice Squad
#10 : March 20, 2007, 04:55:17 PM

I'll agree with the Cadillac, though you don't want to rule out Luke McCown just yet. The team, particularly Coach Hackett was very high on this kid pre-injury.

The 3rd spot will depend on whether Grads has improved from his experience last year or been shaken by it. From what I know of him I'd say he'll be better for it.

That's a good point about McCown.  I think that the 3rd string QB job is up for grabs.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#11 : March 20, 2007, 04:58:24 PM

Chris Simms in my opinion has a Buccaneer logo tattoed on his forehead. He's not going anywhere. (Me hopes)

I don't think Simms is going anywhere either.  If he doesn't get any playing time in the next two years though, I think that he would want to explore free agency and see what's out there.  Although, I don't think that he will want to leave Tampa because I think that he loves the city of Tampa and is commited to the Buccaneers.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB question? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools