Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interview with Bowers ... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #15 : May 20, 2011, 11:53:15 AM »

Hell. yes.    :)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #16 : May 20, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »

Talkin’ Clemson Tradition, Recruiting and Da’Quan Bowers with Dabo Swinney
By Adam Kramer   May. 20, 2011
Source:  http://tinyurl.com/6fgje4s

After talking with Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen yesterday, Clemson’s Dabo Swinney was next to pull up a chair with 3 Guys in a Garage to take a little college football in the heart of the offseason.

Coach Swinney has been with the Tigers since 2003, but in 2008 he took over the head coaching position following Tommy Bowden’s resignation. In that time, Clemson had gone 19-15 overall, although things are looking up thanks to a monster recruiting class that will hit the field in 2011.

Dabo touched on this class, (which Rivals ranked 8th overall), and a little about his recruiting goals in general. Coach Swinney also explained what changes he incorporated to the program once he took over in 2008 and talked quite about Da’Quan Bowers’ tumble in the NFL Draft last month.

“It’s unfortunate how it all happened and I think there was some misinformation out there. And next thing you know people start with the ‘they must know something we don’t know’ and he slid down a little bit,” said Swinney. “We feel like he’s a top five player in the country and I think Tampa got a great steal there. Over the new couple years there’s going to be a lot of teams that will have to explain why they passed on Da’Quan Bowers.”

Good stuff there, hope Dabo is 100% correct.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #17 : May 20, 2011, 01:29:35 PM »

Da'bo. Love it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #18 : May 20, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »

Over the new couple years there’s going to be a lot of teams that will have to explain why they passed on Da’Quan Bowers.”

That kinda talk makes me giddy!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #19 : May 20, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »

Da'bo. Love it.
+1.

LABuc

Starter

« #20 : May 20, 2011, 11:53:05 PM »

Da'bo. Love it.

Not looking to steal you idea here, but what about D'Bo?
Like Debo in the movie Friday?

Lol @ 1:10

« : May 20, 2011, 11:54:58 PM LABuc »

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #21 : May 21, 2011, 05:15:13 AM »

Here is Bowers video of the interview.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/09000d5d81fe982d/Bowers-on-the-mend
after that video ends it goes to another one about Flacco and Freeman being in the top 100.  Nice things were said about Josh. 

This is a pretty good clip on Bowers. 

TB5219

Starter
« #22 : May 25, 2011, 01:03:23 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Reggie Bush have the "real" (not "minor") micro-fracture surgery done and come back to have his best stats as a Pro?

\"When you find yourself in a position of strength, a position of power or authority, you can go one way or the other. You can be a man built for others, which is all about effort and empathy. Or you can just walk around acting like your better than everyone else, which is basically arrogance and indifference about the world around you.\"
- Joe Ehrmann

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #23 : May 25, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »

So that minute and a half interview was the full one that they had on NFL Network..?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #24 : May 25, 2011, 05:53:36 PM »

I've said this before, as I'm sure many others have: I don't think there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind this kid was going to be able to play, and play well, and soon. The concern was always his longevity (which I'm not worried about tbh) .

But ya, I'm very excited too lol.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interview with Bowers ... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools