Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Herman Cain't supporters « previous next »
Page: 1 2

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 28, 2011, 01:09:57 PM

He was supposed to anticipate institutional deception? 

Since "institutional deception" was a big part of what caused financial meltdown to begin with, yes.

It's not like some natural disaster caused the need for TARP, then the institutions lied. They lied and cheated and then melted down, so when we bailed them out, why wouldn't you expect them to go right back to lying and cheating some more?

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 28, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

BUT, everyone knew they could not trust the businessmen - the Congressional bill - written one way, the adjusted...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 28, 2011, 01:33:10 PM

it should have been written so that it couldn't be adjusted.

The real problem was McCain, Barry, and Bush all banging their shoes on the table yelling "this has to be passed NOW" and creating legislative panic that prevented discussion and debate.

Same tactic Pelosi, Reid and Barry used for HC

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 28, 2011, 06:17:31 PM

Agree with that - write it and spend is prescribed - or don't spend the money.  And that - along with lying through their teeth - is what Pelosi, Reed and Barry did to get that abomination passed into law.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Herman Cain't supporters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools