Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could 2011 be the year for a non-BCS team? « previous next »
Page: 1

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
: May 30, 2011, 11:57:20 AM

I think this could be the year. Why? Because of disarray at many of the power BCS conferences.

The Big 10+: OSU is reeling with more off field distractions than imaginable. Wisconsin lost a lot of players to the draft. Iowa lost their QB and I don't see PSU or Mich avoiding 2 losses.
The SEC: Cam Newton is a Panther so forget Auburn, Bama lost their QB and others, LSU never had a QB, UF-new HC, I don't see UGa or SC going all the way.
PAC 10+: Oregon could repeat. USC has another year of sanctions. Stanford??
Big 12-:Oklahoma is the early favorite, Texas is rebuilding, forget the rest.
ACC: FSU is starting a new QB but he is experienced. Still they have a tough schedule with Ok and Florida OOC. The rest of the conference is meh
Big East: LOL. WVU might go 10-2 but I think anything less than 12-0 won't cut it, and I don't see that happening.

So if Ok AND Oregon/Stanford lose 2 games, a BSU/TCU/other with a 12-0 or 11-1 record could get in. I just can't see a non-BCS school being passed over for a 2 loss team THIS YEAR. Not after several years of non-BCS teams finishing in the top 5.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 31, 2011, 10:03:14 AM

Everyone seems to be jumping on Oklahoma this year.  I'd love to see them play a non automatic school in the title game because recently "Big Game" Bob doesn't seem to be able to handle BCS games very well.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 07, 2011, 02:57:03 AM

TCU lost Andy Dalton so who knows what happens there. Oregon has a shot at going back to the big game. Stanford? I'm not so sure about them losing Harbaugh could be costly. Would love to see Boise State in the NC title game against Oklahoma

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could 2011 be the year for a non-BCS team? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools