Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gene signs a new deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

STERN11354

Starter

#15 : June 02, 2011, 12:19:26 PM

Also from VA.  Question: What radio station broadcasts the bucs games?  Now that I have a fancy phone with radio apps and all that.   Sprint used to have NFL football partnership and you would just click an icon at gametime and get the feed but they switched to partner with verizon last year and made me sad. It was my road link.  Anyway, tried to find on buccaneers.com what stations hosts the games but couldn't find it.  Thanks in advance. I should be able to figure this out by October when the season starts.

If you got SiriusXM you can listen to all the Bucs games on there.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 02, 2011, 05:51:41 PM

"WE COULD SEE HISTORY!!!! FIFTY! FORTY! RUN MICHAEL RUN MICHAEL RUN MICHAEL RUN! TOUCHDOWN TAMPA BAY! THERE IT IS!" - Gene, after the Bucs' first kickoff return for a touchdown.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : June 02, 2011, 06:20:13 PM

His predecessor wasn't bad either-Mark Champion.

Better imo - knows all the player's names.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 02, 2011, 06:23:30 PM

I'm from VA so I haven't heard much from Gene except for highlight reels and dvd's. Anyone know where his broadcast can be heard during the games, even if it's a paysite?

I used NFL Field Pass the last few seasons - the internet stream by WQYK (FM) and WDAE (AM) were always blocked for the games. Guess the NFL requires that. I forget what I paid but couldn't be more than $30/season. Well worth it in my opinion. I was overseas - not sure if USA has access though.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 02, 2011, 06:28:25 PM

Yea, the internet streams were blocked last year which really, really sucked! Used to listen online all the time -- only way I knew Matt Bryant made that field goal! Thinking about getting the NFL Field Pass but don't know if it will play on my Android smart phone.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 03, 2011, 07:11:14 AM

Worth the $ to pay NFL.com to listen, imo. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 03, 2011, 08:09:44 AM

His predecessor wasn't bad either-Mark Champion.

Not many remember that guy, but you're right he wasn't bad at all...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : June 03, 2011, 10:29:25 AM

Champion was really good actually.  Although Gene is a bit better.   I think Champion is still calling Pistons games in Detroit - but I think the Lions replaced him as their announcer around 2005.   He went to the Lions at a good time because he was the announcer who called all of Barry Sanders runs.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 03, 2011, 10:44:51 AM

No doubt Gene is the man.  But there is no drop off on the radio.  We are blessed in each sport with guys who have good, distinctive voices and know how to entertain as well as set the scene with their words...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 03, 2011, 01:18:19 PM

Radio dial:  Here in Tampa is WFLA 103.5.  I dunno if that helps you in VA tho.  I believe its an NBC affiliate.

Love GD too.  I listened to him most of last year during blackout.  If you close your eyes you can almost imagine seeing the game the way he calls it.  And Dave Moore is a huge improvement over the last color guy.  I love him too!!!  The radio broadcast is good as it gets with those two guys.

Agree he should be in ring of honor when he leaves.  Very good idea.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 03, 2011, 04:26:18 PM

GENE  I don't have a man crush on ya but I think you would be the closest I would ever get to one...OBD

JDog

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 03, 2011, 09:04:43 PM

And Dave Moore is a huge improvement over the last color guy. 

Hardy Nickerson just wasn't cut out to be a broadcaster.

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#27 : June 03, 2011, 09:19:27 PM

I am lucky enough to have met and chatted with him on a number of occasions.  He's a great guy, sincerely interested in what you have to say.  Anyone ever noticed that he's said "Touchdown FSU" for a bucs game MAYBE once!  Ever.

That's pretty hard to not do.

He's exceptional.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 03, 2011, 10:22:39 PM

I've heard him call "FSU" during Buc games then correct himself.   But not very often.   You are right, he's exceptional.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 04, 2011, 12:46:06 AM

What's everybody's favorite Gene call? :)

"FREEMAN ROLLING RIGHT ROLLING RIGHT ROLLING RIGHT THROWS! IT IIIIIIIS *CAUGHT*! JOSH FREEMAN, FINDING A RECIEVER, THREADING A NEEDLE!"/"JOSH FREEMAN DOES HIS MAGIC THING!!!" is my favorite of this era that i've heard so far.

and if we're talkibng Gruden Era...

"IT IIIIIS......GOOOOOOOD!! GOOOOOD!!!! GOOOOOD!!! BUCS, BEAT, THE EAGLES!!!! WOOOOOOW!!!!" 8)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gene signs a new deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools