Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I might have been wrong! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: July 14, 2011, 12:52:41 PM

I'm the first to admit it when I am wrong. I wanted us to pass on McCoy and take Brandon Graham last year. I thought Graham was the bees knees and would make a great RE for us, and we could grab Price in the 2nd round. If we would have done that we'd have two guys on IR with their careers in question. Price had a major hip surgery that no player has ever had before and is still experiencing pain 7 months later, and then today I read that Brandon Graham not only had surgery to repair his ACL repaired, but it turns out he had a 2nd micro fracture surgery on his knee. He isn't expected to be ready to play until mid season at the earliest and the longevity of his career is in question. Sucks.

Anyways....I was wrong. Glad we got McCoy.  :-X

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820c4981/article/report-eagles-graham-had-december-microfracture-surgery?module=HP11_headline_stack

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=footballpost&page=nfl/indexpic.htm

Draft Aaron Donald

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 14, 2011, 12:54:30 PM

I like how everything turned out for our team. Last year I wanted us to take Berry. Glad we didn't. Glad we have McCoy, Price, Bowers, Clayborn and along with Grimm at the safety position.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 14, 2011, 01:10:38 PM

So "might have been"(title)   or  "I was wrong" (text)

;)

I am happy you were wrong.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 14, 2011, 01:12:39 PM

So "might have been"(title)   or  "I was wrong" (text)

;)

I am happy you were wrong.

Well you can't write off Brandon Graham and mark McCoy down as the better player just yet. The odds say I was most likely wrong though.

Draft Aaron Donald

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 14, 2011, 04:52:48 PM

Eh, you can't do that to yourself man. It's called the injury "bug" for a reason. It just pops up out of nowhere and bites ya. Hell, I didn't want Suh because of knee issues and surgeries.... Still, I could be right though. He might have a great career like he's had for two more seasons, then bust that leg again and McCoy becomes the better pick overall, who knows?  ::)

Besides, some players have injuries earlier in their careers and then go on to do well. Others happen to have them later on. You were looking at statistics, character, etc, how are you going to know if Price is going to get a hip injury the next season? I know the answer to that. You're not.

McCoy will be gold if even one of the new DE's are even half their billing. I'm pretty confident in that line of logic.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 14, 2011, 05:06:48 PM

gee, I was ok with McCoy at #3, although I liked Suh much much more, and wanted Dunlap with one of the 2nds.  we would be in good shape today and could of used one of those first 2 DE picks on another position.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 14, 2011, 05:07:50 PM

I like how everything turned out for our team. Last year I wanted us to take Berry. Glad we didn't. Glad we have McCoy, Price, Bowers, Clayborn and along with Grimm at the safety position.

Berry ended his rookie season in Honolulu.  McCoy ended his on IR.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#7 : July 14, 2011, 05:11:29 PM

Berry ended his rookie season in Honolulu.  McCoy ended his on IR.

So? Derek Anderson wen to the Pro Bowl once.

Berry is a good player, but he didn't really outperform Grimm who was drafted around 200 picks later.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 14, 2011, 05:15:36 PM

I'll take Cody Grimm in the 7th round over berry in the 1st round EVERY time.

Draft Aaron Donald

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 14, 2011, 05:17:59 PM

Berry is the next Ed Reed. Grimm is good but he won't ever be elite. I only wanted Berry if McCoy was gone. Berry is a guy that you can just scheme your whole defense around. He does everything well but our DT'ssucked so bad we had no choice but to take MCCoy. Not complaining here just wanted Berry but I knew we couldn't get him because our situation on the dline was a mess.
: July 14, 2011, 05:20:20 PM Detrimental

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 14, 2011, 05:19:04 PM

just saying Berry wouldn't have been a wasted pick which was being implied.  when is the last time a regular starter of ours made the pro bowl?  and please, I like Grimm a lot and especially his value but to compare him to Berry is ridiculous.  he'll probably end up being a 8 time pro bowler.  I doubt Grimm will ever make one.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 14, 2011, 05:21:31 PM

just saying Berry wouldn't have been a wasted pick which was being implied.

I think you inferred that, because it wasn't implied.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 14, 2011, 05:28:51 PM

well "wasted pick" might be a little strong but it was implied that we our better off taking McCoy.  That might end up being the case and as a fan of this team I hope so but no one can say at this point in time that it is true.  Berry had the better rookie season by a wide margin.

Cerious

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 14, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

gee, I was ok with McCoy at #3, although I liked Suh much much more, and wanted Dunlap with one of the 2nds.  we would be in good shape today and could of used one of those first 2 DE picks on another position.

That would have been a good haul in hindsight. McCoy and Dunlap would have allowed us to take an OLineman or CB and then Bowers in the second this year, not that I'm mad at the Clayborn selection.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 14, 2011, 05:55:13 PM

Taking safeties or running backs in the 1st round is stupid. If you do, then the guy better be the next Ed Reed or Adrian Peterson. Anything less and you just wasted a pick. You can find good safeties and running backs in the mid and late rounds.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I might have been wrong! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools