Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I might have been wrong! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 14, 2011, 06:00:57 PM

just saying Berry wouldn't have been a wasted pick which was being implied.  when is the last time a regular starter of ours made the pro bowl? and please, I like Grimm a lot and especially his value but to compare him to Berry is ridiculous.  he'll probably end up being a 8 time pro bowler.  I doubt Grimm will ever make one.

Based on what? The round they were drafted? Grimm played in 11 games, Berry all 16. You look at their numbers and Grimm would have been right with Berry in every category. If Aqib hadn't rolled up on Grimm's leg and ended his season early, they'd have damn near identical seasons. Sounds like you are basing your opinion on nothing but other unfounded opinions.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 14, 2011, 06:10:56 PM

just saying Berry wouldn't have been a wasted pick which was being implied.  when is the last time a regular starter of ours made the pro bowl? and please, I like Grimm a lot and especially his value but to compare him to Berry is ridiculous.  he'll probably end up being a 8 time pro bowler.  I doubt Grimm will ever make one.

Based on what? The round they were drafted? Grimm played in 11 games, Berry all 16. You look at their numbers and Grimm would have been right with Berry in every category. If Aqib hadn't rolled up on Grimm's leg and ended his season early, they'd have damn near identical seasons. Sounds like you are basing your opinion on nothing but other unfounded opinions.

Where's Google +1 when you need it?

+1

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 14, 2011, 06:57:03 PM

HEY!   Let's get back on topic about Jdub being wrong!   :)  lol...   

a.  might have been wrong
b.  was wrong
c.  most likely wrong.

Only one choice is permitted

(I keed dubs)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 14, 2011, 07:00:32 PM

HEY!   Let's get back on topic about Jdub being wrong!   :)  lol...   

a.  might have been wrong
b.  was wrong
c.  most likely wrong.

Only one choice is permitted

(I keed dubs)

c.
Brandon Graham played in a divsion that is still considered 'bootleg' by most scouts. the Big Ten just gets no love for good reason these days.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 14, 2011, 07:04:30 PM

Berry does more than Grimm. Berry is a playmaker in coverage, Grimm is solid but will never be better than Berry in that aspect. Berry does everything Grimm does AND more for that KC defense. Berry could play freakin CB in the NFL he wanted. He is truly a special player and does everything well. Grimm is a good player in his own right but doesn't have nearly the coverage ability, range or ball skills to be mentioned in the same league as Eric Berry.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 14, 2011, 07:24:37 PM

Berry does more than Grimm. Berry is a playmaker in coverage, Grimm is solid but will never be better than Berry in that aspect. Berry does everything Grimm does AND more for that KC defense. Berry could play freakin CB in the NFL he wanted. He is truly a special player and does everything well. Grimm is a good player in his own right but doesn't have nearly the coverage ability, range or ball skills to be mentioned in the same league as Eric Berry.

Yeah, but let's just leave it at the safety position. Grimm gives us most of what Berry does and we drafted him on the third day of the draft. It'd be nice to have a future 'Ed Reed'on the the team, but having a solid "Rod Woodson' back there does hurt us either!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 14, 2011, 07:59:18 PM

Rod Woodson? You're joke right? Grimm is a smaller version of John Lynch. Great run stopping ability but will never be a stud in coverage. I'm happy we got Grimm in 7th but lets not act like we got the better player. Better value for OUR team? Yes but that doesn't make him better than Berry. Who is already a top 10 safety in the league.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 14, 2011, 08:43:53 PM

Rod Woodson? You're joke right? Grimm is a smaller version of John Lynch. Great run stopping ability but will never be a stud in coverage. I'm happy we got Grimm in 7th but lets not act like we got the better player. Better value for OUR team? Yes but that doesn't make him better than Berry. Who is already a top 10 safety in the league.

I'm not joking. Rod Woodson was not the athlete that Ed Reed was at any point in his career. Rod was a hard hitting, instinctive safety. He made plays when he could and he used discipline and knowledge in diagnosing plays on the field. He wasn't a ball hawk or a player capable of making out of this world plays on the ball, but he was great in his own right, IMO. That's how I see Grimm if people are going to compare Berry to Reed. Neither youngster may be as good as what we compare them to, but each has traits of those that we project them into.
: July 14, 2011, 08:47:15 PM Cerious

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 14, 2011, 08:50:29 PM

heres another way to look at it....I would rather have McCoy and Grimm then  Berry and whatever there 7th pick was.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#24 : July 14, 2011, 08:55:43 PM

Grimm is a beast. Download last years season, wins and losses. Grimm showed up in every game he was in. Instinctive, hits like a truck, learns from his mistakes, and extremely coachable. His impact was noticed especially after he got hurt when everyone could tell the DB unit  lost a step. 1 Season does not a career make, this argument should be revisited in 2 more years. Based off last year Cody Grimm was a steal in the 7th round, if he can mirror his performance and stay healthy for all 16 games for '11 then I would say he is/will be a better pick FOR US then Berry would have been.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 14, 2011, 09:02:46 PM

Name the top 5 safeties from the 2010 draft. You wanna swear that Berry is better like it's written in stone...fine. Name the other 4 guys to round out the top 4 safeties from that draft. Just curious.

I'd say Eric Berry (5th), Earl Thomas (14th), Nate Allen (37th), and Cody Grimm (210th) look like the top four. I can't even name a 5th. Someone else could always rise up, but going off just their rookie campaigns....those are my top 4. Berry clearly had the best rookie season, followed by Earl Thomas...but they were both 1st rounders and were starters all through camp and all 16 games.

Basically, my opinion is we got one of the top four safeties in the draft...in the 7th round, and there is no telling from one rookie year which one of those four will have the best career. Grimm could be a one year wonder, so could any of the other three guys, but to say right now that Berry is going to be going to the Pro Bowl every year and Grimm will never be to one...well it's stupid and based on nothing. He may be a slow white kid taken in the 7th round, but he showed last year he is the real deal. Claiming that he could never be as good as Eric Berry or Rod Woodson is pretty ignorant after his one impressive rookie season. He could be anything from a one year wonder to a HoFer.

Considering he is a Buc, how about giving him the benefit of the doubt? Sheesh.

(sorry about the music)
: July 14, 2011, 09:09:47 PM JDouble

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 14, 2011, 09:40:59 PM

I'm not joking. Rod Woodson was not the athlete that Ed Reed was at any point in his career. Rod was a hard hitting, instinctive safety. He made plays when he could and he used discipline and knowledge in diagnosing plays on the field. He wasn't a ball hawk or a player capable of making out of this world plays on the ball, but he was great in his own right, IMO. That's how I see Grimm if people are going to compare Berry to Reed. Neither youngster may be as good as what we compare them to, but each has traits of those that we project them into.
I don't think many FS's that played this game are up to Ed Reed's athletic ability. Rod Woodson had 71 career interceptions. Grimm will be lucky to have 71 career pass deflections. Rod Woodson was a great athlete, a much much better athlete than Grimm. You must be talking about the other Woodson b/c Rod Woodson had the ability to play CB in the NFL too. His coverage skills were definitely nothing to sleep on. Grimm is a LB/SS hybrid, he's got a LONG way to go to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Woodson. Oh and FWIW, Rod Woodson came in 2nd in the NFL in the fastest NFL player contest only to lose to track star Darrell Green. Just throwing that out there........

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 14, 2011, 09:44:22 PM

Grimm is a beast. Download last years season, wins and losses. Grimm showed up in every game he was in. Instinctive, hits like a truck, learns from his mistakes, and extremely coachable. His impact was noticed especially after he got hurt when everyone could tell the DB unit  lost a step. 1 Season does not a career make, this argument should be revisited in 2 more years. Based off last year Cody Grimm was a steal in the 7th round, if he can mirror his performance and stay healthy for all 16 games for '11 then I would say he is/will be a better pick FOR US then Berry would have been.
LOL. That's basically what I already stated. And I watched all the games, he won't ever be the player Berry will be. Enough said.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 14, 2011, 09:46:25 PM

Your mom won't be as good as Berry.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 14, 2011, 09:50:45 PM

Your mom won't be as good as Berry.
Haha.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I might have been wrong! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools