Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOW takes major plunge Thursday on fears of another recession « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 06, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »

You don't have to worry. I'm pretty sure your job at McDonalds is pretty secure, no matter what the DOW does, unless you get **CENSORED**-canned from your job for being rude to the customers.
Like i said time and time again, I'd ask to compare W-2's but we've seen you puss out once already.....

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #16 : August 06, 2011, 12:03:14 PM »

with the S&P downgrade, I expect Monday to start with a sell off, but a bounce back. Now that the bad news is already out, the market will be less stressed. The anticipation of bad news is always worse than the news itself.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #17 : August 06, 2011, 02:15:33 PM »

Most of this "correction" was from European countries having problems, not our own. Some financial advisors have recommended using this downturn as a buying opportunity. Me? I'm content to sit and wait and see how this develops.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

« #18 : August 06, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »

Most of this "correction" was from European countries having problems, not our own. Some financial advisors have recommended using this downturn as a buying opportunity. Me? I'm content to sit and wait and see how this develops.

That is a pile of crap, Morgan.  Your messiah's Keynesian experiment has FAILED.  Entitlements for the weak, lazy, stupid and unproductive are killing our economy.  On 11-6-12 the worst president in U.S. history will be kicked out of office in a landslide.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #19 : August 06, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »

Okay, when a Communist country says "Beijing, which did not release any other official statement on the downgrade, called on Washington to make substantial cuts to its “gigantic military expenditure” and its “bloated social welfare” programs. " that's bad.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/business/global/china-a-big-creditor-says-us-has-only-itself-to-blame.html

Serious, China thinks our social welfare system is "bloated", China- of Mao Tse Tung and Cultural Revolution fame.

How can a Communist Country see this but our own Congress can't???????????????????????????????????

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : August 06, 2011, 10:29:54 PM »

Always appreciate sound advice - even is the source makes it a tad awkward. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #21 : August 06, 2011, 10:37:28 PM »

Okay, when a Communist country says "Beijing, which did not release any other official statement on the downgrade, called on Washington to make substantial cuts to its “gigantic military expenditure” and its “bloated social welfare” programs. " that's bad.

Okay, am I the only one to see right through Beijing on this .... ??

Weakened military + civil unrest = China's newest colony.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : August 06, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »

Well there is a defense to help avoid having to confront the obvious... I suspect using the truth helps masks their true intent?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #23 : August 08, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »

Most of this "correction" was from European countries having problems, not our own.

I'd like to think you are extremely naive, but I fear it's simply stupidity.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 08, 2011, 12:00:08 PM »

Bond rates are actually down though.  That suggests that investors are less worries about the debt than our weak fundamentals.  Of course, our politicians will probably respond with even more contractionary economic policy.  I'd say we were all Hoover Republicans, but he'd no doubt be accused of being a wild-eyed RINO these days.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 08, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »

Accused and convicted.

"Even so, New Dealer Rexford Tugwell[55] later remarked that although no one would say so at the time, "practically the whole New Deal was extrapolated from programs that Hoover started."

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 08, 2011, 12:58:19 PM »

True.  Hoover frequently gets more grief than he really deserves.

What, that's totally what you meant, right?  :p

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #27 : August 08, 2011, 05:37:18 PM »

The one "stock" I own is the ETF, FAZ. It was up 29% today, including after hours.

That's great!

Now if it can quadruple from this point, I'll be even! Long way to go.

I think that would take the Dow going down to between 8000-9000. Don't see that happening.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #28 : August 08, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »

That is a pile of crap, Morgan.  Your messiah's Keynesian experiment has FAILED.  Entitlements for the weak, lazy, stupid and unproductive are killing our economy.  On 11-6-12 the worst president in U.S. history will be kicked out of office in a landslide.

I'd find you several links to prove my point, but to tell the truth, you're not worth the time.

BTW, better find a way to get 97% of the Black voters who support Obama to change their minds.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : August 08, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »

Okay, am I the only one to see right through Beijing on this .... ??

Weakened military + civil unrest = China's newest colony.

Can see the military dig, but as far as the social welfare side...

These people are communists (allegedly) who, just like the Dems believe in equality and 'fairness'. That doesn't mean it has to be good, equally crap is good enough, just as long as everybody gets the same crap service/treatment. Oh, except for the elites that is. You know, the academics, professional politicians etc.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOW takes major plunge Thursday on fears of another recession « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools