Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who gets cut at WR? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Buck N Up

Starter

#15 : August 07, 2011, 07:53:30 PM

Williams
Benn
Briscoe
Spurlock
Stroughter
Webber

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 07, 2011, 08:05:07 PM

Gant has been getting some good reports.   Might be a sleeper to make the squad.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 07, 2011, 08:08:12 PM

Williams/Benn/Briscoe/Spurlock/Stroughter/Parker

grotesktruth

Starter

#18 : August 07, 2011, 09:04:13 PM

Parker is a lock but Spurlock isn't? Uhh.....ok?

If we carry a 6th WR it will be whoever looks better in preseason, between Parker, Webber, Sanders, and Gant.

Bottom line is whoever the final 5 or 6 WRs are that make the final 53....they will all be better than Clayton or Stovall. :D

Webber imo has looked best in practice. At least at the viewable practices, esp. over Parker. I think we keep Sammie, he's looked solid, and imo will be around longer than Spurlock, though spurlock is getting the return/ #4 spot. We'll get a glimpse in the preseason who's going to make the plays.
And the bit about Briscoe being unproven, that's not gonna matter one bit once he gets his reps in. Legit #3 hungry to be #2

Williams
Benn
Briscoe
Spurlock 
Stroughter
Webber

Gant to PS

Larry Brackins

Starter
#19 : August 07, 2011, 09:36:15 PM

They're going to put Webber on the practice squad like they did Briscoe and call him up when somebody dies.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

grotesktruth

Starter

#20 : August 07, 2011, 09:37:37 PM

It's gonna come down to who puts down more yards and opens eyes a little more with their skills in the preseason. Because both Webber and Gant looked good. Webber to me just looked more natural making the catches

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 08, 2011, 12:50:37 AM

Spurlock is just under appreciated. Not only is he our main return guy, but last year he made quite a few clutch catches for us. With out Spurlock I don't think we win 10 games. I think he is almost a lock.

Parker on the other hand, and even Sammie Stroughter....are probably competing for a roster spot.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 08, 2011, 09:18:19 AM

Draft Aaron Donald

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 08, 2011, 09:45:33 AM

Assuming everyone is healthy come cut-time, this'll be a real tough cut.
    Spurlock is indeed Mr. Clutch, both as a return man AND a receiver. Hard to see him get cut, but this is such a talented group, it could happen.
    Parker is also very skilled as a return man.
    I'd love to see Sanders make the team; has he gotten any reps as a RB in camp? Bucs list him at 185, but with his electric quicks and stocky build, I could see him as a 3rd down back. Even says here he can block.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1679714

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 08, 2011, 10:51:19 AM

I predict Sanders will make the PS and eventually get a shot on the 53 at some point due to injury.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#25 : August 08, 2011, 12:40:05 PM

We are gonna cut a good receiver who will end up on someone elses roster. I definitely think we keep 6 again.
Williams, Benn, Briscoe then 3 out of 4-tough choices:

Spurlock: Very good returner, plus really developed as a clutch WR last season. Might of been most improved player on roster.
Stroughter: I really like Sammy, but got injured some last year and did not play as well as his rookie season.
Parker; Seems quicker then other 2 plus played well on ST covering kicks
Webber: Bigger receiver. looked very impressive at practices I've seen and coaching staff seems very high on him.

My opinion: If Webber shows he can play on ST he will stick over Parker or possibly Stroughter

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 08, 2011, 01:03:05 PM

Parker's been doing well in camp and seemed to be a frequent target for Freeman. Despite a lot of people here being down on him(why I'm not sure), I'd be very surprised if he doesn't make it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 08, 2011, 01:09:58 PM

Well I think WR is one of the spots that will really be decided during the pre-season games.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 08, 2011, 01:11:02 PM

Briscoe and Benn are huge!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 08, 2011, 01:40:10 PM

If the FO is comfortable with the youngsters, especially on STs,  Spurlock is probably our best bet to get a draft pick

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who gets cut at WR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools