Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who gets cut at WR? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

buchead

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 08, 2011, 02:05:13 PM

Its pretty much concluded by this thread that briscoe is definitely the number 3 receiver. Is he doing that well that he has clearly jumped over stroughter and spurlock? If so thats good news!

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#31 : August 08, 2011, 02:13:04 PM

Its pretty much concluded by this thread that briscoe is definitely the number 3 receiver. Is he doing that well that he has clearly jumped over stroughter and spurlock? If so thats good news!

Without a doubt. He looks like a stud.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 08, 2011, 02:19:26 PM

Yes!!! The bengals will be cheesed for years! Specially if a.j green doesnt pan out.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#33 : August 08, 2011, 04:26:48 PM

Just think if the Bucs can get some draft picks for some of our Wrs and  . . . dlinemen?

Johnny(and Edgar) Winter, Tobacco Road,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dr3BHCPT5Y

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#34 : August 08, 2011, 04:31:51 PM

Yes!!! The bengals will be cheesed for years! Specially if a.j green doesnt pan out.

Even if Green does pan out. They'll be dreaming of having the 2 of them together.

I'm very excited about our "triplet" receivers- Williams, Benn, Briscoe

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#35 : August 08, 2011, 05:06:04 PM

Spurlock is just under appreciated. Not only is he our main return guy, but last year he made quite a few clutch catches for us. With out Spurlock I don't think we win 10 games. I think he is almost a lock.

Parker on the other hand, and even Sammie Stroughter....are probably competing for a roster spot.

Agree, I don't get why people wants spurlock gone. I like him over Parker anyday.

I agree with you guys. Maybe it was the blackouts and some people didn't see all the games, but Spurlock played very well last year and as a receiver he might have been our most improved player. Hes not a lock like the "Big 3", but right now I'd have him penciled in at the # 4 WR spot.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 08, 2011, 05:09:10 PM

Spurlock had a bunch of big time plays last year.

He definetely needs to stick around.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 08, 2011, 05:12:06 PM

Touchdown against the Browns.
Catch against the Bengals.
Couple of those catches against the Cards.
4+ 40YD kick returns and his Touchdown.

He had an impact, much more so than Preston Parker.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 08, 2011, 06:35:33 PM

Not to say i want spurlock gone.... But i think the people who are siding with parker are looking at upside. Spurlock has hit his ceiling its not like he will get alot better than what he is. Parker ws a rookie last year who still has time to grow. He offers the samething depth wise as spurlock and he is a 2nd year player thats only going to get better.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 08, 2011, 06:43:30 PM

Spurlock has hit his ceiling its not like he will get alot better than what he is.

Maybe. It's not unheard of for WRs to come into their own later in their careers. His first NFL start came last season.

He offers the samething depth wise as spurlock and he is a 2nd year player thats only going to get better.

Maybe, or he could end up being a nobody at the NFL, and never make a big time play.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 08, 2011, 07:02:56 PM

Valid points. Its a gamble either way. This regime has been placing its bet on youth though.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 08, 2011, 07:06:05 PM

Agreed. I've heard Rah speak glowingly about Parker as well.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 08, 2011, 09:10:37 PM

I'm betting they make a player-for-player deal involving Stroughter (or for a sixth or seventh-rounder).

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who gets cut at WR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools