Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul schools Rectorum on Iran deplomacy. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 12, 2011, 06:16:34 PM

Paul has a very devoted, almost cult like following. They turn up everywhere and click like crazy on polls etc. Personally I do not see much into him winning any kind of straw poll right now. It is his modus operandi. Only problem is when the real votes come in, he disappears very rapidly.
we'll see.  but this ain't 2008.  i suspect there is a lot more people willing to listen to him and his non mainstream message today.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : August 12, 2011, 06:57:46 PM

of course he has a cult-like following......

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 13, 2011, 12:37:07 PM

I do agree that we should at least attempt to open a dialog with Iran, but I don't agree with just "letting" them develop nukes.

I do not think having 60,000 US troops in Iraq to their West and 100,000 to their East in Afghanistan makes them any less eager to develop weapons. If some foreign power had 60K troops in Mexico and 100k in Canada would we be "standing down"? Add in Russia to their north, and yeah they are going to be a bit nervous.

Time to reduce those troop numbers and at the same time bring them to the bargaining table.

Paul also mentioned Cuba, and I agree. Continuing our embargo of Cuba is just stupid and pointless. Opening up trade with Cuba could be a huge boon to the economy and our economy could use a boost.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 14, 2011, 08:13:21 AM

First Grandmother & Mr Noodle?

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#19 : August 14, 2011, 09:27:17 AM

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 14, 2011, 11:21:20 AM

RP's age is an issue. Reagan & Bush were old but they didn't look or sound that old during their election runs. Paul looks old and sounds older. The voters prefer young and charming over old and curmudgeonly.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 14, 2011, 12:16:24 PM

Well, thats how dumb voters are when they base their vote on someone because they prefer a younger canidate(Obama). If something happens to him while he's in office related to health issues regarding his age, then thats why you have a VP that he chooses whos views closely resembles his. Obviously his age is not problem, considering a vast majority of his supporters are the young people, More so than the other canidates.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 14, 2011, 01:46:16 PM

Vatican, it isn't about calendar age, it is about appearance. Clinton vs Dole, Obama vs McCain, even Reagan vs Carter. Reagan was older than Carter but he appeared more energetic.

and yes, the voters are dumb, that's how we got into this mess-keep re-electing Frank, Reid, Pelosi, Durbin, et al.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 14, 2011, 01:48:19 PM

Vatican, it isn't about calendar age, it is about appearance. Clinton vs Dole, Obama vs McCain, even Reagan vs Carter. Reagan was older than Carter but he appeared more energetic.

One thing that is different in Paul's case is that he has a fairly large following of younger voters. Those other old farts couldn't say that.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 14, 2011, 02:31:46 PM

The most negative thing you can say about RP is he is too old...  For that one thing i can name 5 different things for every candidate for how they are crooked and flip flop on issues.

RP has the most constitutional voting record of any person ever in congress.

He can beat Obama, that is all that matters.

He is not spear heading this movement that Morgan calls "cult-like"... His ideas are spear heading this movement.

It's crazy how people say he is radical, but all he does in his speeches is mention the constitution over and over.

Go see what the UK has become... We are on the fast track there, no matter which establishment candidate you prefer.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 14, 2011, 07:12:15 PM

well if its Bachman vs. Obama in the main election then I ain't voting once again.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#26 : August 14, 2011, 10:06:24 PM

well if its Bachman vs. Obama in the main election then I ain't voting once again.

I am of the same mindset as well. If its not Ron Paul or anyone else that stand for his same principles or for what I stand for, then im not voting for them. Which I doubt another one will arise this election. Why vote for someone that doesnt stand for your beliefs that just babble the same crap? Thats why in 08' I voted 3rd party. They say vote for the lesser of 2 evils, what does it matter? You're still voting for evil!

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#27 : August 14, 2011, 11:33:03 PM

Though I dont believe that it has anything to do whether or not the media feels Ron Paul has a chance of getting elected; but that there doing anything they can by not getting him elected. Methods such as not giving him any attention, discrediting his beliefs, ignoring him at the debates, etc.That usually shows that th our rooting for the right guy. I was watching the debates the other night, it took them nearly an hour to give him 2 questions, while heres a guy that is polling 3rd place nationally. But on the other hand they give a guy like Jon Huntsman, 10 x's it seemed as many questions who was like 8th nationally. You've got to love the equality.

: August 14, 2011, 11:45:17 PM TBbuccaneer40

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#28 : August 15, 2011, 01:20:38 AM

If it's Bachman vs Obama, say hello to "4 More Years" ...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 15, 2011, 06:03:53 AM

Romney or Perry - wonder which of them can get the black vote.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul schools Rectorum on Iran deplomacy. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools