Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When a Buc gets cut, it will no longer be "and bring your playbook" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 25, 2011, 11:35:23 AM

Seems it's already becoming common practice in the NFL: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/nfl_teams_trading_in_notebooks_for_ipads/4881703

While having the playbook on iPad is certainly an improvement, I don't like that team film sessions will be replaced by players sitting on their couch and watching it individually (or not watching it at all). When analyzing game film, it's always good to have someone else around to offer a different point of view.

Where does it say team film study will be replaced? Film study at the practice facility is still happening, Morris said so in the article. Only now, a player can conveniently do addition film study or homework at home and have access to as much film as they want.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 25, 2011, 12:01:24 PM

you guys are making a big deal about the Glazers sending 50k?  gimme a break!

Why do you care?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 25, 2011, 12:05:14 PM

While it's a not huge expense for the owners, it's not something a "cheap" ownership group would do.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 25, 2011, 12:07:50 PM

Seems it's already becoming common practice in the NFL: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/nfl_teams_trading_in_notebooks_for_ipads/4881703

While having the playbook on iPad is certainly an improvement, I don't like that team film sessions will be replaced by players sitting on their couch and watching it individually (or not watching it at all). When analyzing game film, it's always good to have someone else around to offer a different point of view.

read the article again this is not to replace group film study. This is being done so everyone can prepare ahead of time for the group film study. In the past the coaches saw the scouting films and presented them to the players and pointed out some observations. Now all the players will have access to all the film pryor to the film group meeting

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 25, 2011, 12:19:06 PM

Why do you care?
I don't,   but to use a 50k business expense for an NFL franchise as an argument on either side for whether or not the ownership is cheap is ridiculous.

MucBuc

Starter
#20 : August 25, 2011, 01:41:00 PM

""It's crazy how much technology has changed the game," second-year safety Cody Grimm said. "Back in the day, I think probably the whole team had to sit down with a projector and a reel, and watch the film together. They'd have the whole offense in the same meeting room. Now we all have our own iPad. Stuff that we used to come in here to see, we can sit on our couch at home and have access to it 24-7. It's awesome."

Sounds pretty much like they're going with individual film study over team study, to me. Wouldn't mind to be wrong though.

Oh, how I tire of young men and their ambitions.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 25, 2011, 01:46:10 PM

there will still be team meetings.  there will still be team film sessions.  but instead of coming to the facility on your own time to watch extra film, you can do it from your couch.  all assumptions from my couch of course.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

getblazd

Practice Squad

#22 : August 25, 2011, 03:23:30 PM

So long paper.  And desk computers done.  My boys has a IPad.  Its crazy.  Im gettin one soon beleve me.   

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#23 : August 25, 2011, 04:16:56 PM

This is a fantastic idea from Morris! The implications of a devise like the Apple ipad in real world, real-time learning scenario's is out of this world. The turn around from mistake, then recognition, to correction is gonna be shortened. The technology falls right in line with today's youth, who has already grown up in a world of modern gadgetry. The "old codgers" around here may want to reject this, simply put its the modern world/modern thinking.

Morris not ready for football? Yeah right! Every team in the league will be using similar technology moving forward, and it was Morris that started it.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 25, 2011, 05:41:38 PM

Every team in the league will be using similar technology moving forward, and it was Morris that started it.
Falcons started it.

Tampa2.1

Rookie

#25 : August 25, 2011, 05:45:54 PM

A great idea. Surely integrating the playbook with videos and other information can only benefit the players.

FIRE THE CANNONS

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 25, 2011, 11:04:12 PM

Why do you care?
I don't,   but to use a 50k business expense for an NFL franchise as an argument on either side for whether or not the ownership is cheap is ridiculous.

Disagree,  50K is a lot of scratch no matter what biz you are in.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ironworker808

Second String

#27 : August 26, 2011, 05:30:18 AM

Does no one else see the irony of the team using an iPad as a 'Playbook'?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 26, 2011, 07:27:15 AM

Why do you care?

Disagree,  50K is a lot of scratch no matter what biz you are in.
the Glazers are worth around $2.5 billion.  the Bucs make them about $250 million a year.  $50k is pocket lint to them.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 26, 2011, 07:53:27 AM

Bad idea...

Because you KNOW guys like Belichick will pay off some hackers to hack into them and steal the playbooks.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When a Buc gets cut, it will no longer be "and bring your playbook" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools