Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#285 : February 06, 2013, 05:38:10 PM

I never said the Saints made the playoffs.  All I said was that with all the chaos surrounding them, 7-9 isn't all that bad.  Considering that things could have blown up to Hades and they could have pulled a 2010 Buccaneers, yeah... 7-9 is a success.

I'm missing the point of your second paragraph.  Are you asking me those questions or are they rhetorical?

Thats what was said, and thats why i posted about bigotted excuses,  not allowing excuses/explainations somewhere else.
Considering all the issues that surrounded the Saints this year, I think their season could be looked at as a success.
that weird, you make excuses for other teams but not for your own.
What excuses?  Those teams all ranked in the bottom 25% of the league in team defense and all made the playoffs.  There's no excuses... just facts.

And no, the second paragraph was not directed at you. The fact that those questions are not rhetorical is actually pretty sad. I guess you are talking about the 2011 bucs, but then why is 7-9 for the bucs not a success aswell? And thats not what i would call the bucs and saints season, both missed the POs.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#286 : February 06, 2013, 11:08:41 PM

Redskins and Colts had just as bad of defenses as we did last year. We all ranked bottom of the league. Wonder why their QBs didn't suck.....

Tell me about it. If only we had hired Mike Shanahan or Bruce Arians.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#287 : February 07, 2013, 08:15:00 AM

Redskins and Colts had just as bad of defenses as we did last year. We all ranked bottom of the league. Wonder why their QBs didn't suck.....

Tell me about it. If only we had hired Mike Shanahan or Bruce Arians.

I see what you did there.

Still hating on Schiano? Even with all the negative kneel down drama early on, just about everyone who is anyone is in agreement that Schiano did an amazing job as a rookie head coach. Not sure why any Buc fan would be anything but supportive of the guy at this point.

Draft Aaron Donald

moose40

Hall of Famer
#288 : February 07, 2013, 09:12:49 AM

BTW, if you've seen Flacco play at all in more than just the playoffs this season then you would know that this:

"My issue with him is he hasn't shown the ability to improve basic flaws. good/great/elite qb's grow, learn, improve, whereas Freeman seems to stay complacent."

Is an idiotic statement. Flacco looked like doggie turd in about a half a dozen games this season, and up until the playoffs, the team was still questioning whether or not he could be "the guy" there. He got a hot hand in the post season, but that doesn't mean you get to rewrite the narrative. Flacco's been a glorified game manager most of his time in the league. Anybody who's watched that guy play in more than just the playoffs this season knows as much.

No, what's idiotic is trying to take my statement about the inability of Freeman to show he can fix his own faults, and very  poorly try to counter that with comments about Flacco, a qb that got hot at the right time, just like what the big three Brady, Brees and Manning do every year.... good qbs get hot in December, whereas... Freeman wilted like a flower going 6tds to 10 ints in the month of December. Flacco went 8 tds to 3 ints in December (not including his td/int ratio in the playoffs, since Freeman has NO playoff stats to compare)...
I wish Freeman was a game manager that took care of the ball and got hot in December, that's what good qb's do, they elevate their games, get their respective teams in the playoffs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#289 : February 07, 2013, 09:27:18 AM

Flacco in the same category as Jackson5?  Gawd. Makes me cringe reading stupid on that level.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#290 : February 07, 2013, 09:58:47 AM

Flacco in the same category as Jackson5?  Gawd. Makes me cringe reading stupid on that level.
Currently the only thing Freeman has in common with Flacco is, they are both starting qbs in the NFL for the time being, and they both wear #5.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#291 : February 07, 2013, 10:15:18 AM

Start cringing.

If the Ravens had Freeman, they might be yearly contenders for the Lombardi.  Flacco, for some reason to me, doesn'tmake me think "great QB".  Thus the ranking, despite his resume.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#292 : February 07, 2013, 10:18:32 AM

Flacco had a 1 great playoff stretch. But, its crazy to think how everybody somehow forgets how bad was prior till this year. He still has ways to go in terms of greatness - mr far from consistent. Flacco was straight up garbage 3 years in a row in the playoffs and then year 5 he is godsend. What a joke.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#293 : February 07, 2013, 10:25:11 AM

A few weeks ago, Flacco was seen as guy to not be extended by the Ravens, since he is holding them down. Freemans and Flaccos similarities QB wise were seen as proofs why Freeman sucks, because Flacco is clearly worse than our #5, and by no means a QB capeable of ever winning a SB. Pointing out how a WR dropped his TD pass to go to the SB last year, missing an easy FG actually losing it for 'em, was considered looking for excuses to sugar coat a horrible QB. Every little success Flacco accomplished were credited to his awesome defense and his weapons.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#294 : February 07, 2013, 10:46:40 AM

Only reason why that comparison would be stupid now is because Flacco won the SB. However if anything it should make some people think again about dumping Freeman right now. They are very very similar QBs. Flaccos just been on a better team his whole career. Hes balled lately but hes played a year longer and has had more experience in big games. Freeman is gonna have to work his ass off this year to get to the next level but I have confidence he can do it. Schiano will make sure he does. If he doesnt, hes out the door. Simple as that.
: February 07, 2013, 10:53:25 AM BucBalla85

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#295 : February 07, 2013, 11:31:16 AM

Flacco had a 1 great playoff stretch. But, its crazy to think how everybody somehow forgets how bad was prior till this year. He still has ways to go in terms of greatness - mr far from consistent. Flacco was straight up garbage 3 years in a row in the playoffs and then year 5 he is godsend. What a joke.

Exactly. It's laughable. Flacco is horribly inconsistent. There isn't a single thing that Flacco has that Freeman doesn't, except for enough talent around him to carry him to the playoffs 5 seasons in a row despite his up and down play.

Flacco has had 12 career games where he's failed to complete at least 50% of his passes. The Ravens are 6-6 in those games. Freeman has had 8 such games. The Bucs are 1-7 in them. Flacco has had 49 games where he has thrown 0-1 TD passes. The Ravens are 31-18 (.633) in those games. Freeman has had 34 such games. The Bucs are 10-24 (.417) in those games. You want to know what the difference has been? The caliber of the other 21 players that line up with them each week, and the caliber of the coaches calling the shots on the sidelines.

The bottom line is that if Flacco were a Buccaneer and Freeman a Raven, the title of this thread would be Flacco "ELITE" QB and you all would be telling us how much better Freeman was than him.
: February 07, 2013, 11:40:19 AM CBWx2

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#296 : February 07, 2013, 11:56:57 AM

The bottom line is that if Flacco were a Buccaneer and Freeman a Raven, the title of this thread would be Flacco "ELITE" QB and you all would be telling us how much better Freeman was than him.

Agree guys. I do think fans have a right to be critical of him and I understand the negativity for him now. I do. I just dont think its hopeless for him like many do. I really think that if he works on his game and eliminates some of the bad stuff as well as he can. Obviously cant be perfect all the time and we know he will have his bad times but we want to see more consistency with the good. Its certainly possible as he has shown he can play. Just needs to get to another level and do it vs good teams. We will find out soon.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#297 : February 07, 2013, 01:29:27 PM

If Flacco were a Buccaneer and Freeman a Raven, Ray Lewis would be hiding another white suit and Freeman would be "missing".
Doubtful that I'd be saying Freeman would be better, since Freeman would have been misthrowing balls to Mason and Clayton in Baltimore.
Actually I can honestly say if Flacco were here and we still but up a 7-9 like season, i would be able to lump Freeman into the "it could be worse, we could have Vick, Ponder, Gabbert, or Freeman" statement

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#298 : February 07, 2013, 02:00:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct/seasontype/2/order/false

Completion percentage.....31st

3rd down conversion rate.....23rd.

Passer rating.....20th.

Garbage.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#299 : February 07, 2013, 02:03:17 PM

If Flacco were a Buccaneer and Freeman a Raven, Ray Lewis would be hiding another white suit and Freeman would be "missing".
Doubtful that I'd be saying Freeman would be better, since Freeman would have been misthrowing balls to Mason and Clayton in Baltimore.
Actually I can honestly say if Flacco were here and we still but up a 7-9 like season, i would be able to lump Freeman into the "it could be worse, we could have Vick, Ponder, Gabbert, or Freeman" statement

Flacco? I'd trade Freeman straight up for their back up! At least Tyrod Taylor can run.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools